War Dec System?

I’ve yet to see any good people. All i’m ever gettin’ to see are pretentious assholes whinin’ about how they suck at shootin’ people while blamin’ everyone else.

Ya sure let’s not let ‘em explore their options and instead force ‘em to quit rookie corp. Smaaaarrrrrt. Ya ain’t carin’ one ■■■■ about other people, else ya wouldn’t want such stupid restrictions for the thousands who ain’t even related to what ya’rr wantin’ to achieve.

Agreed, preventing new players form PvPing in a PvP game, DUH!

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Because no one who says no could have possibly thought out how dumb the ideas are?

Well, in your case you didn’t even say No to his post. You just said No and then blathered on about something he didn’t even say…

Actually first I helped OP with her spelling of “Dec”…

OP: Proposes changes to force gankers to be vulnerable to WarDecs

Salt Foambreaker: ““I got war deced” is not a problem :wink:

Yes. Very helpful and on point…

We get to make up our own problem because OP didn’t define the problem, only changes.

Without a problem there is nothing to fix.

I mean, I guess, assuming your only goal is to troll.

Reading your post just made me realize how true that all is. I’ve been a carebear more or less for a year, but just last month I made a alt toon and joined a low sec pirate corp just to see how pirate life is in Eve Online, and it’s been an eye opening experience. It feels as if this game was built with pirates in mind. Having negative security status hasn’t stopped us from ganking, and if you move fast enough, you can still travel in high sec. Tho I’m still new to it all, it feels like there is zero negatives to being a pirate in this game.

On another note, does having a security status of 5 do anything for the player?

No. Security status is at worst a minor inconvenience that is circumvented by a neutral alt, and at best a number that shows up in the character sheet without a minus next to it.

The game is heavily in favor of predatory PvP. Most PvE content is just a bait and switch to get people to play targets for the pirates. Once it looked like they were going to develop the game, but they stopped shortly after release and just iterated endlessly on PvP content.

All PvE content is such. It is explicitly designed to put you at risk to the other players - you get to be the mouse and they can play the role of the cat. It is intended to be this way and always has been this way. View your rewards as payment for taking the role of prey in a sandbox PvP game.

Perhaps you haven’t tried to do anything else in highsec with a very negative security status yet then. You can’t do anything - run PvE, mine, haul, even have a fair fight when you are a outlaw pirate. All you can do is engage in hit-and-run strikes against unprepared targets (AKA gank) in small, fast-aligning ships.

Mike’s right in that alts allow you to somewhat work around these limitations, but to claim that there are “zero negatives” to being an outlaw is highly disingenuous. The negatives to a low security status are so great that almost no one in highsec is prepared to accept them, and if they do it is on a dedicated alt.

Allows you to gank more people before the consequences of a negative security status kicks in?

Seriously, though, not much. The relatively recent CONCORD line of ships have a role bonus to increased repair depending on your security status, but other than that it a high security status just identifies you as a carebear and a potential lucrative target for a pirate.

Not trolling, OP posted a bunch of changes without indicating the problem he was trying to solve.

It is simply a mistake.

If you’re so sure what the problem he is trying to solve is why don’t you spell it out?

1 Like

already did. You even quoted it

Appears we have a chronometric flux toaster in play which toasts bread after you eat it.

Oh look, eve gave me a cake icon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.