War declaration changes

As I said above as well, but that’s the entire basis for his “bring convoys back” idea. :person_shrugging:

But convoys havent gone anywhere.

They are still there, you just need to reel back how crazy-complex you think convoys need to be.

Dont think 1940s naval convoys

Think 1970s trucker convoys.

1 Like

I get that, but I feel like she wants the 1940s back because the 1970s are too easy and effortless for his liking.

1 Like

Sometimes the most elegant solutions are the simplest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Umm, NO…

I repeat… just plain flat out NO…

1 Like

Gankers take the loot and sell at least.
If they have alts doing that, eventually someone will find out in which corp they are.
If they are in NPC corp, they will pay %11 more tax for their sales.

I do haul to null-sec and none of my corp mates have ever asked for anything for their scouting and protection.
Yes, i do use an Iteron :smiley:

This kind of war-deccing will make people depend on each other and make them join larger groups.

Solved in benefit of griefers.

And then what? The haulers are in an NPC corp and the sellers are in an actual player corp that never undocks. Good job.

Then make it so that large corps can be wardecced but smaller corps can stay immune and be actual social corps, like they were intended to be in the past.

So basically this is just a covert anti-ganker whine thread…

3 Likes

So basically make it easier for people to grief you and also have CCP grief you if the players can’t.

The old system let people spam wardecs against everyone and their dog which created a chilling effect that disincentivized joining a corp, since a corp without a structure was a glorified chat channel with a shared hangar. CCP correctly changed this to require the target to have a structure because the only thing you can’t do without a wardec is kill someone’s structure. Now you want to bring that back, only also punish everyone who doesn’t want to take part in it?

2 Likes

War deccing used to be a free for all and none of your proposed benefits were a real thing. People still didn’t pay NPC taxes.

It also wasn’t much fun for war-deccers because they still didn’t have any targets to shoot because it’s trivially easy to avoid combat in wars in high-sec.

Nope. This just isn’t based in reality. Nobody will be forced into an NPC corp whatsoever.

Gankers don’t even use the market on their ganking characters, because that’s just adding needless effort to something you can do on an alt that lives in Jita and never undocks.

Then nobody in an NPC corp will create contacts. But also, again, you don’t need to be in an NPC corp to avoid a war on a character that never needs to undock. If every single corp in the game tomorrow war-decced my Jita trader it would not matter. He will never, ever, ever be in space for you to shoot at. Not ever.

Nothing you’ve suggested prevents the use of alts.

What is this hunting? Just use a locator agent like a normal person.

Nobody will ever need to protect a freighter convoy like you suggest because their freighter will never fly under a war-decced corp. Players in war-decced corps move freight all the time, every day, all day long. Corps that own structures have the greatest need to haul freight in high sec which basically undermines your whole premise, if your premise made enough sense to be undermined.

Wars don’t have any effect on hauling. I don’t know why you have this idea.

2 Likes

You need to think through what you’re saying just a little bit.

A ganker doesn’t even need to touch your loot with his ganker character. He scoops it with an alt, waiting in the wings for the concordokken. This character can be in an NPC corp, or not. It just has to be in a corp you’re not at war with. He could make a brand new corp 2 minutes before ganking you. Whatever method, you won’t have this character wardecced and you will never have this character wardecced.

He then transports the loot to jita on this war-immune character, trades the loot to any character he wants in any corp. This character can be in the wardecced corp, because the character never once has to undock. he sells it on that character (which has great Caldari Navy standings, too, by the way) and avoids your arbitrary tax altogether at absolutely zero risk.

The only people negatively affected or inconveninenced by your change are new players who aren’t even involved.

3 Likes

You can even haul with an npc corp alt, warp to a safe spot in jita, jetcan the stuff, then switch to your jita alt, undock with an insta-undock bookmark 99.99% safely, then go to the safespot, grab the haul, dock up with an insta-dock bookmark 99.99% safely, sell the loot without this extra tax, regardless if the jita alt is decced or not, even if people camp jita 4-4 24/7 waiting for your decced jita alt to undock, no difference.

(Btw it is 100% safe unless some glitch or unexpected disconnect or something causes you to fail this is the only reason for the 99.99% remark.)

1 Like

Wars will never be improved for the same reason that ganking will never be improved; most of the player base is against any form of non-consensual PvP, which CCP no longer sees as a game feature but a balance book deterrent. There simply won’t be any positive, progressive improvements for these features ever again.

Look, CCP already added instanced PvE dungeons, replaced ship destruction with ship turn-in quests, and now they’re adding team-based battlegrounds. It’s really not difficult to see what kind of game they’re pushing EVE Online to become, and “war” isn’t going to be a part of its future.

2 Likes

that is not how it works, however if they are mission running then they are going to pay 11% tax on any bounty 100,000 ISK or more accumulated.

No. Current war system is good and doesn’t need any sweeping changes. The war dec to require structures was one of the best changes ever made to this game. If you want to have less production in high sec you need to lower resources there. If you want to root out competition, you need to gank, mine faster than them, or own the better structures for bonuses and protect them.

The issue with wars is having something actually worth fighting over. Not just targets to shoot. People avoid wars because generally there’s just so little benefit to putting up a defense. Rolling over a structure in high sec is not a particularly exciting activity and not the best incentive to declare, in my view. and despite what people say about the old wardec system or propose about a return to free wardeccing, it has never and will never provide a target rich environment in high sec.

Factional Warfare has something to fight over, hell even null provides you with the various benefits of resource access and sovereignty if you go shoot at your neighbours. A high sec wardec is only incentive to jump into another corp for a week until the upkeep is more cost than the provided gameplay is worth and the aggressor moves on.

Wardeccing needs something to fight over.

1 Like

Most people wouldn’t put up a defense even if there was something to fight over, because most people prioritize the avoidance of player combat/asset loss even over opportunities that vastly exceed the risks. It’s the same reason why so many people will continue to grind low-end high-sec content for 10 million an hour instead of going somewhere else and making 100 million an hour, with occasional losses that eat away, say, 20% of the profits. Doing the latter would still be vastly more efficient even accounting for the additional losses, but people would rather eat their own grandmother than suffer the possibility of video game asset losses, and you know it.

Of course it did. It’s just that the targets complained really hard on the forums about it, and now here we are.

And yet only like 14% of the game’s population lives there.

2 Likes

If in NPC corp, Adding %11 tax to contracting and transferring isk was already written. Good job not following the topic.

Can it be because they can’t afford or invest into the server hardware that large wars require?
Or they just listening to semi-afk miners who play from work?