WarDec, War Room: Suggestions for the Wardec Project

You get people out of their “highsec should be safe” state of mind

That would be one hell of a good start…

OMG it’s so obvious. You get people to believe “high sec isn’t safe” by getting them to stop believing “highsec should be safe” is such a genius plan! Why has it never been implemented?
/sarcasm
Off topic answer is off topic. Repeating the question.

Please try to not use circular reasoning.

I’d like to point out that for the new to EVE player, who tried EVE because it is a game about exploding space ships, this series of suggestions just adds to the general clutter/difficulty of getting into the game.

I am worried all these suggestions regarding some type of structure to permit war deccing in High Sec will simply lead the new player into being priced out of content.

Right now it costs a bare minimum of 50 million isk to war dec. For a new player, all of whom start in High Sec, that is the equivalent of at least 50 basic frigate hulls, plus a substantial number of fittings for those hulls.

If you add the cost of some type of structure on top of that, you simply decrease their opportunity to participate in the game.

Then remove the flat 50 million isk to war dec and convert it into a object that you use to declare war?

That could work. It would depend upon implementation.

The important part, to my mind, is access to content. As all new players start in High Sec, the first content they experience is governed by the game’s rules in High Sec.

New players have to last long enough in High Sec to discover there is a Low, Null, or Wormhole space.

1 Like

The mental picture I have is an object that you need to refuel which has a rule of must be in 0.5 or higher security to be deployed since there is nothing going to blow you up in 0.4 or less other than players or mission npc’s too strong for you.

24 hours to online and deletes messages to concord for the specified group concerning your corporation.

Keeps a list of alt units that support your war until it explodes or is offline.

Uses fuel blocks instead of ISK to continue running with a fuel bay which can only be accessed by the people in the corporation with proper access roles. This would mean you can’t use npc corp units to fuel it.

Works for the entire system you are in. The Forge (Jita/Perimiter/etc) would be one unit’s use since you would be attempting to deny the target access to that space. In effect a single unit would cover all of this:

You could choose any 0.5 or greater system to deploy your War object in. Fight for territory, or to keep others out of that territory, or to blow up everything the enemy owns in that territory. Just like they do in null…

1 Like

Absolutely not. This is nonsense. This would instantly be abused to let carebears dodge the bad guys and ruin PvP. No. Just no.

As opposed to the current abuse the “bad guys” get away with freely?

It’s not abuse if it’s how the system was designed…

And that is why it needs a fix. The intent of war declaration was to allow high sec corps to fight without getting concorded. Instead it’s a how many layers of alts protect mains and make a war look like zero losses when really you’re sacrificing ships for non-corp characters.

Then how would you fix it?

Go on lol

You’re not paying much attention to the thread are you??

Follow link to post above.

Ah yes

Another let’s tie wars to structures

So nah, not interested lol

Yea… why should you have offense and defense to deal with as a war person. That thing NEVER happens in null sec right?

There’s been so many zero losses of so many citadels because they’re impossible to destroy right?

When’s the last time you killed one?
And did you enjoy doing it?

I can already tell the answer is no for either… lol

Killed no. Logi’ed yes. Was an epic explosion. Enjoyed supporting the attackers.

And how many defenders were there?

40 or so. The fleet for combat had 20 to constant dps, 10 of us to repair as long as we could and another 50 to deal with the defenders. Lost the ship I was in right before the explosion. They figured out the best way to break the siege was to eliminate the repairs.

Link the battle report please…

Why would I save it? It’s been nearly a year.