Wayfinder - hosted mapper and intel tool by EveApps

The successor to my public Pathfinder and its private instance options.

Wayfinder is a brand-new WH mapper and map intel tool that I host for you in a major data center (Azure US West, if you are curious). Both free and paid options are available. No need to try spinning up your own Docker container, server, etc. You can log in and use the free version immediately, and the paid version is available as soon as ESI sends over your ISK transfer (usually no more than 75 minutes).

Included free

  • Primary character tracking
  • First map, up to 50 systems
  • Share that map with your corp and/or up to 5 named characters

Paid add-ons (ISK, monthly)

  • Extra map: 200M / month (even if it only has 50 systems)
  • Extra 50-system block on a map: 200M / month
  • All paid maps unlock full Corp, Alliance, and Coalition sharing

Individual users - Extra tracked alt: 50M each and shared across all maps you have access to.

Cancel anytime → account drops back to free. Your maps stay. No refunds.

Caps: hard limit 300 systems on a map.

Why these prices and why these limits?

Quite frankly, the 5 servers I have running Wayfinder cost thousands of USD per year. So I need to get a little something out of it. There’s a lot of stuff that gets pushed out to the clients every 5-60 seconds based on the number of systems on the map, so that figures into my server scale. And every tracked character adds more ESI calls every 5-10 seconds, so I have a dedicated server just to handle locations. Plus, there are a number of multibox-specific QoL features that enable when you have your characters tracked under a single browser tab, so there’s value for everyone there.

So once I start using your mapper, I’m locked in and have to keep paying you?

NO! Wayfinder is the first mapper I know of to support both IMPORT from and EXPORT to multiple other mappers. I expect you to stay because overall it will be a great mapper and great experience for you. Today, Wayfinder supports the following formats:

  • Pathfinder
  • Wanderer
  • Nexum
  • WormholeSystems
  • Wayfinder native format

How do I get support? There’s no GitHub to create an Issue or Feature Request on.

Because this is a true service, you create Support tickets right in your map or in your account settings. Everything is handled without you needing to use another platform.

OK, great. How do I get started?

If you have a map you want to bring over, start by getting an export file from that mapper. Then, click the link at the top of this post, log in, then create your first map. When the New Map page appears, you either create blank or import your existing map.

As a thank-you for new paid users, I’m doubling the initial ISK transfer you send to seed your account, up to 500M ISK.

  • Send 100M ISK → 200M ISK balance

  • Send 500M ISK → 1B ISK balance

  • Send 1B ISK → 1.5B ISK balance

All deposits are non-refundable, so please try out the free tier before committing. And be sure to follow the transfer instructions in Wayfinder, especially regarding the character to send your deposits to.

Want more details on the mapper itself? Check out my thread in Third-Party Developers.

You know I was just thinking, “I wish someone would vibecode an app that would let me give them isk for the privilege of providing very widely scoped esi access to my characters.”

Yeah, it’s an “intel” app alright. :rofl:

Can’t think of a single reason I would want an app like this to be hosted.

Sure, I’ll itemize that.

  • All the read contacts are so the map can do overlays for Sov and char/corp/alliance standings.
  • Read clones and structures are for a popup that asks if you clone jumped or died so the map doesn’t auto-create a WH connection.
  • Write contacts and open window is to write the EveWayfinderApp contact and set it +10 so it can always send mails about subscription status. And to open the character info page in game to help with identifying it.

Everything else is standard mapping scopes.

All of those features are so you can hork down data from those endpoints.

Would have to be an utter halfwit to give an unaffiliated player read_location.

Well don’t use it then. Without read_location, no mapper can auto-create systems. Thousands of characters had no problem with my public Pathfinder. It by default ran almost all of these scopes.

Bottom line, this isn’t the mapper for you. And probably none are.

Precisely why decent mapping apps are self-hosted; because otherwise, you ARE the intel.

Plenty of halfwits in Eve Online.