What are the top alliances doing to combat botting?

I am actually.

CCP has done some great work and they’re continuing to do so.

@QuakeGod LOL love this gif
wen i was in goons ppl didn’t talked about it like it was a problem
and i never notice bots
but i could be wrong about it i admit

There are almost no bots by Goons in Delve for one simple reason.

There are simply too many Neuts on the way, so that replacing the lost ships would be worthwhile.

Afk-Botting exists, but what else can you do if you are not allowed to use carrier or super to rat?

Before the patch I used Super, now I run 3-4 Myrmidons/Dominix every evening in semi Afk mode.

PS: There are other small vermin, mostly a few days old, with a destroyer and a couple of salvagers who are busy clearing the wraks before you leave the site. Mostly with sign language in the title…
But they’re not bots either… unfortunately.

But you dont want the main botting alliances to be proactive ?

Please tell me how an alliance can be “pro-active” first.

what are they?

Don’t… your talking to an idiot. They normally drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I don’t think he understand it is not an alliance issue to solve, suspected bots must be reported, not kicked and whatever punishment CCP deems fit, enforced.

4 Likes

wow another pro botter

How does understanding that banning botters is CCP’s job and not the players suggest that they are “pro botter” ?

How can an Alliance know if it’s a computerized bot fleet or some guy eating popcorn watching Netflix with 30 rorqs running and not watching local.
You can only report suspicious activity and let CCP analyze the data.

Also, the title “main botting alliances” is just off track.

Because ccp banning botters purely relies on people reporting them, If people are not actively sniffing these C*nts out and reporting them then they are either happy to turn a blind eye or botters themselves

This is wrong.

But that’s not how CCP bans bots.

You don’t seem to understand how the process works. Which is probably why you seem to be coming up with really weird suggestions.

You can safely assume that CCP have additional monitoring systems behind the scenes. They are not going to release how these systems work for obvious reasons. You can stop being a dimwit now.

What are they doing? Raking in the $£isk - simple as…

1 Like

So your happy that its all working perfectly and nothing needs to change ?

Now you’re just moving goalposts.
When did I say it was “working perfectly” and that “nothing needs to change”?

You still haven’t answered my question, how should alliances be “proactive”? Do you have any suggestions other than “chat with them”?

The thread was started to start a discussion, the title ask the question. Because I want to know what is being done. If nothing is being done then this needs to change, discussion generates ideas.

I linked a video where CCP explains what’s being done.

Good thing there is something being done then and we don’t need to rely on your “just convo them and see if they reply” idea. :slight_smile:

It’s a poor measure of whether someone is botting or not.

Some people don’t want to talk and don’t have to just to satisfy your curiosity. And a bot can be taught to make generic conversation and even read your text for specific replies.

They are. But it involves a lot more nuance than inviting someone to convo. It’s not something you can standardise and mass implement because anything standardised can be ‘botted’.

i know what ccp is doing want to know what the alliances are doing.