What are you reading?

Then you’ll notice the difference between the original stories from the 1940s and the paid-for, minimum word count reboots from the 1980s when Asimov had spent years and earned milions writing everything but SF (he was proud to have produced 400+ books and have his complete work spanning over almost every category in the Decimal Index system of libraries).

1 Like

Author : Leon Uris

the book “Battle Cry” was a really really good book.

1 Like

Just finished The Overstory. Excellent work. The Pulitzer was well deserved.

1 Like

currently, state code so i can press charges against someone.

1 Like

I am reading the third book in Medical Medium series. The one about the thyroid health. I don’t ditch western medicine for it entirely, but I use MM books as supplements to what my doctor says.

I just finished one of the classic SF novels:
"Mission Of Gravity" by Hal Clement (Kindle)
Some astrophysical aspects are already a little outdated but it’s still a shinning gem. The most fascinating thing is that it let’s you to experience the physically unique alien world though the alien’s eyes, humans being just side characters.

And now reading:
Star Scavenger: The Complete Series Books 1-5 (Star Scavenger Series (Kindle Edition))” by G J Ogden
I didn’t expect much from this one but it’s actually good - the well developed main character (undecided on his life just an Eden newbie), the interesting premise (alien mega ship sites as ‘infinite’ technological treasure troves for all space-faring human civilizations), interesting situations, and other chars. And there is some pew-pew action - not too much, just to keep the pace. If I had to describe it in one sentence: Indian Jones meets Star Wars. Easy and pleasing read after hard day’s work :+1:

And top fav ever is the Culture Series by the genius of Iain M. Banks (r.i.p.)

And from the modern authors I really liked “Metro 2033” (:heart: only the 1st) and “F.U.T.U.R.E” by Dmitry Glukhovsky

I’m currently reading Bill Gates’s “How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need”. It appears to be a short read. But haven’t gotten through halfway yet. From what’ve read so far, Bill Gates really had been spending time researching climate change. It wasn’t his foundation’s focus at first, but then it changed after talking to ex-MS employees.

Long story short… William Shakespeare

All of David Paulides Missing 411 books.

I’ve been rereading The Harry Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I haven’t read his most recent releases in the series, so I’m getting caught up. I just started “Small Favor,” which is book nine, I think. As an aspiring author, I’m always encouraged reading Jim Butcher.

1 Like

Oh, you’ve got some treats ahead of you.

The irony of reading a forum post - by me

I’ve read too many books to mention but my favs are the foundation series by Isaac Asimov and also The Wheel Of Time by Robert jordan.

1 Like

Leviathan Falls by SA Corey and a ton of Runequest.

Hell’s bells and stars and stones. I’m still on book 6.

I just started Changes, book 12 in the series. There’s a lot I’d forgotten, and some things I thought happened earlier or later in the series so far. I’m looking forward to getting my first read-through of Peace Talks and Battle Ground.

1 Like

I just finished Battle Ground by Jim Butcher.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s going to take me a while to process things.

1 Like

I just finished re-reading a Spanish edition of H.G. Well’s War of the Worlds, in a edition sporting the original artwork by Brazilian artist Hemrique Alvim Correa from 1904. I had read the book back as a teenager and didn’t recall how fascinating it is, and Alvim Correa’s drawings add much to it. Gotta love how the Martian tripods are depicted as clumsy machines with gogly eyes and yet they’re fearsome…

imagen

This is how you slaughter humans with the Black Smoke…

2 Likes

I don’t do a ton of cover to cover reading anymore… takes too much time writing books to have all the time in the world to read them. Especially with a job and other RL obligations tossed on top as well.