What are your thoughts on sarcity?

+1

obviously, this is true for all forms of pve - unless you live in a wormhole. those are getting an income buff.

I actually didn’t think that scarcity had created any content at all. Just bad will.
But hey, I guess there’s a silver lining in your words :stuck_out_tongue:

also, I think the “mysterious stockpiles” that ccp claims to have been targeted (if they even exist) have been largely untouched in the whole timespan of scarcity “period”.
Everything (cap-related) that sells on the market now, has been produced before the industry change. So if you want to invest, nows is a golden time for that. your will double-triple-quadruple etc… your money in a timespan of 1-5years

sadly, ccp did the scarcity rather then just deleting the stockpiles or introduce some kind decaying effect on materials or a super-rich tax… or something else…
is one of many ways ccp has “pulled up the ladder” from the super-rich platform. 2-3 trillion isk invested into caps becomes +8-12T, without any effort at all*

why do you keep asking for ppls stuff, dont you live in a wh where there is no scarcity…?

Not anymore. I’m one of the “Poors” :wink: who ask for free stuff now. Seems to be the trend so adapt or die for me!

1 Like

did you get evicted? :confused: never fun.

anyways… on topic and also offtopic.
WH is the new “null”…
Scarcity in null has made it so.
That which used to be associated with null is now associated with wh-space.

so I guess, in the long run, scarcity is providing the super-rich with an impenetrable fortress and also new content/war in wormhole space… and provide isk as null becomes a dry desert.

Naw, as soon as CCP announced scarcity, we started packing up. I planned for yr for it. Damm sub! :rofl:

Yeah, I have read that but just don’t have enough time to actually play much. I can be in the forums because I can just get up and walk away if I have to. Can’t do that in game and live.

3 Likes

It’s so unfair ! You made me log in to the forums just to tell you “man, get back into the game”. Do eeet !.. :grin:

You should have never left! :sob:

Fine. I sub all my acct’s again. The low numbers are a win for me.

But why bother enabling CCP anymore?

I can stomach only that much of the forum, I take breaks from it, it’s too much like mining :stuck_out_tongue: But not from EvE itself (was gone for a few years, because my friends left, but just had to come back)

Why enabling ccp ? Why not, they are the caretakers of the game and we need a healthy ccp. CCP is not the game. We, the players, are the game and the content. You know that already, so I wrote this to the benefit of those who don’t know or deny it, lol.

1 Like

All but 2 friends quit. Those 2 are happy to be the 2 richest players in game when the lights go out. Not for me.

I don’t want to enable CCP anymore because they have been encouraging the Ridley’s in game. Maybe, just maybe they realized their mistakes?

I will be here to the end…

For I am Minmatar…

1 Like

I must admit, I never fought for lore or glory. I fight for fun! Death to the Null Blocks! But CCP took that away as well.
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (3/5) Movie CLIP - Men in Tights (1993) HD - YouTube

2 Likes

tut tut
msdCOH
anyway
1Dye

Cancelled 14 Omega accounts and gave most of my stuff away to corp mates.

■■■■ scarcity and ■■■■ CCP until they fix it, I’m out.

3 Likes

■■■■ ccp, piece of shiet company

2 Likes

When we’ll eventually be down to the last 5000 players on the servers,

You’ll still have the DaichiClowns and co. here to tell us we didn’t need that 30k+ cancerous playerbase anyway…

2 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

If you’re still wondering about this, it looks like the majority of ship types went down in price after the time of the industry change, not just cheap T1. Even T2 got cheaper or stayed the same.

Capital ships and pirate faction ships are the exception.

So if destruction is staying the same it would suggest more ships are dying or that capital and pirate ships make up a disproportionate amount of destruction.

How about - The market for these hasn’t moved much due to lack of demand.

Right now the market isn’t reflecting build cost due to a lack of components, so manufacturers, buyers and sellers are holding off.

Not sure how you Math but “Staying the same” would indicate no more ships are being destroyed, not more.
If “Destruction” excluded cargo value of ganking I think you’d find the reason destruction “seems” to have remained the same. A 50bil freighter kill is only ONE ship loss, so while it adds 50bil to “destruction” it can’t be used to show whether more or less ships are being destroyed. CCP would have to do a breakdown of destruction that excluded items in cargo.

Scarcity is stupid. It is as stupid as outlawing all computers and giving everyone abaci instead with the idea of increasing employment.

The subject was:

Ship cost is up but destruction is ‘funnily the same’.

Siegfried believes that what you meant by ‘destruction being funnily the same’ was that the frequency of ships dying must be down if destruction is steady despite increased ship prices.

However, since most ship prices appear to have gone down again surely that would suggest the opposite.

That we don’t know, as I said CCP would have to provide the numbers.
Ganking of freighters has certainly been on the up, maybe that accounts for part of the reason destruction remains fairly constant.