What considerations has CCP made for PvE after Resist nerf?

This is the whole sentence…

On the contrary, its your assumption that if they are not soloable its therefore impossible to do…

I assert that they can be done in groups, which we all know they could. But you assert that its garbage.

1 Like

On the contrary, it’s your assumption that making some activities not doable unless in fleet does not create a problem. Therefore I say

Nowhere did I claim “if they are not soloable its therefore impossible to do…”

You claim that some activities that won’t be able to be done solo will still be doable with alts. That’s true, but it still is a problem unless you assume that those activities SHOULD not be doable solo - otherwise you are removing content for no reason.

1 Like

Except we haven’t even established that they can’t be done solo yet. Just because you haven’t managed in a couple days doesn’t mean no one will ever.

But if they can’t be done solo, thats still not a massive problem because they can definitely be done in groups…so NOT impossible.

So regarding the Level 3 Drake;

I’ve just run a few on Sisi with this tank on a drake. Level 3 skills in battle cruiser and level 2/3 skills in shields:

2x Meta Invulns
2x Meta LSE’s
3x Purge rigs
1x Meta PDU

I’ve got 94dps tank on my lowest resist and the following missions aren’t getting me lower than 72% shields. I’m semi-afk letting myself play dumb and not manage aggro. If this somehow wasn’t enough tank, i have enough resources left to go triple LSE instead of a target painter (CPU and PG management L4).

Silent The Informant
Rogue Drone Harassment
The Score (Guristas)

How are you having trouble in a Drake on L3’s?

Edit- The only Level 3 ships i’m wondering about is my Cane with 51dps tank on its lowest resist. But i Just took it out for a few and its fine.

Edit 2- Just did Downing the Slavers Part 2 in a the same Cane. Its the worst possible situation for my tank (heavy EM/Therm damage and you land right in the middle of Rm2), and it was breaking, but still held long enough to pull range/clear dps.

1 Like

“Play however like… as long as it’s PvP.” - CCP

2 Likes

This thread just shows how fail the care bear PvE community is.

Look at these people, they don’t want a challenge, they just want to farm on easy mode and PRETEND they are good at something.

The slightest challenge added to the game results in tears.

This is why CCP should not be producing PvE content beyond what is needed to train new players.

PvE customers are just wannabee cry babies.

2 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes

Abyssal lvl 5 are ruined after this change
Your flying a 6 bill ships and we are even loosing em pre patch sometimes this is horseshit for pve.
I mean your dealing with up to -70% res neuting webbing blinding target reduction scramming and now this.
i have been trying my current gila fit with Pithum a invuls instead of Gistum a’s and yea… good luck every one.

I really enjoyed running these they were decent money and you could do them every where null lo hs
Ratting is no longer viable method of isk income unless you want to get hot dropped mission running has never been my thing i do not know how how the incursion fleets will do after this change maybe they will be fine.

For me it looks like a good time to take a break from eve and look into other things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would contain too much profanity.

1 Like

Yeah, and everyone with half a brain is telling you, “your fit will still be fine, that small change is not going to significantly impact your ability to krab.”

Go to your Profile > Preferences > User
Then add in the people who you want to block. Looks like this:

First time ever posting and it’s to make an empty threat about leaving the game, nice.

1 Like

And that’s completely irrelevant to my point.
You are just blabbering about something not really related to the discussion like it made any sense. It does not.

Try blockage guristas, or cut-throat competition. That’s were I lost drakes AFAIK (a few years ago)

The three missions you listed can be done very easily.

Indeed, that’s not something someone with a full brain would say.

he meant to type - no fuk off

I got ya back @Nicolai_Serkanner

2 Likes

Since CCP has been unable to duplicate the accidental success of Eve Online in other projects, they’ve been struggling to generate streams of revenue. When this was finally realized by the executive team at CCP, micro-transactions were introduced to Eve Online. Since then, the majority of all changes to the game are made to drive PLEX sales. CCP is getting desperate to prove its income worth to Pearl Abyss. The current strategy is to starve the player base of any meaningful ability to generate ISK and in-game resources. By doing this, it will drive players who cannot do these things to purchase PLEX that can be used to purchase the increasingly limited and in-demand resources. There is more revenue generated from PLEX sales than lost revenue from cancelled subscriptions. Things will never get “better” or as they once were. Enjoy capsuleers!

2 Likes

Can you define what “meaningful ability” means?

Yes, it will. You just need to stop crying so much, sit down, and eat your vegetables. EVE Online has been pigging out on snacks and desserts for the last 3+ years. Making it fat and bloated.

The changes are intended to trim that fat away so that the game is healthier overall once we’re done.

2 Likes

Love how some say "oh 5% resistance loose won’t be much of an effect to survivability!"

If instead of looking at EHP, what they should be looking at is the effect on DPS and Alpha Strike Damage on that.

Sure a 259DPS attack would gain only 12.95DPS back after resistances have taken with an 5% resistance drop from the 20% resistance update. But large DPS and Alpha Strikes will increase massively.

Big damage will have a increase damage pass through on resistances.

Example using just 5% loose to resistances;

100dps = extra 5dps pass through resistance
200dps = extra 10dps
500dps = extra 25dps
1000dps = extra 50dps
2000dps = extra 100dps
5000dps = extra 250dps

Now if you were to think about the changes to T2 close combat ammo with its +15% base damage increase and skill bonuses on top of that, will push the current DPS levels higher. So a fit that might have got 300-400dps might jump into the 400-600dps range when using T2 close combat ammo.

Close combat Battleships will be getting up even higher, the dps change from the update will surpass the 10% HP bonus CCP has offered to lessen the 20% resistance update. And when combined with lower EHP’s all Battleship won’t last long, even less than when use in PVE, and anything less than a Battleship or an resistance bonus hull ship will be wiped off the field within a few hits.

I can see after this update cruisers without native resistance hull bonus dying as fast as frigates and destroyers just from snipering battlecruisers and battleships using unbonused ammo, and against T2 short range ammo brawling battleships fits designed to tackle and kill, an even shorter life span.

As i see it tactics will change, but most ships will be killed before they even get a chance to get into combat range, and against brawler fits running the new 15% bonus T2 ammo it’ll be instant kill.

Don’t see much enjoyment in instant kill fights. Suicide gankers and camper will, but they have no real pvp skills and would never engage true PVP players or skilled PVE players.

2 Likes

You mean to tell me Artillery Tornadoes do a lot of damage against Cruiser hulls and down if they land a shot? Like they’ve always done?

And you’re also telling me that a Cruiser will die to a brawling Battleship in close range? Like they’ve always done?

Say it ain’t so!

1 Like

I think I’ve come up with an explanation clear enough to help everybody understand what exactly will happen in regards to tanking after the changes.

Each resistance component Rn, regardless of the origin, reduces damage taken by a (1 - Rn × Pn) multiplicative factor applied to the incoming damage, where Rn is the value of the resistance attribute of the component normalised to 1 and Pn is the stacking penalty applied to that component, if any.

For example, a non stacking penalised (P1 = 1) component with resistance attribute R1 = 30% = 0.3 reduces incoming damage by a (1 - 1 × 0.3) = 0.7 multiplicative factor.

The general formula is as follows:

dmg_taken = dmg_incoming × (1 - R0) (1 - R1×P1) (1 - R2×P2) …

where the first component R0 is the base resistance value provided by the ship, which may depend on ship bonuses and skills, but is not affected by the change.

Now, the effect of the change will be the multiplication of the Rn values in that formula by a 0.8 factor for the resists that are provided by mods affected by the change, e.g. if component 1 is affected by the change, but component 2 isn’t, the damage taken after the change will become:

dmg_taken = dmg_incoming × (1 - R0) (1 - 0.8×R1×P1) (1 - R2×P2) …

To see the relative effect of the changes on tanking, we need to divide (not subtract) the damage taken after the changes by the damage taken before the changes.

Since the effect of each component is multiplicative, the factors associated to components not affected by the changes cancel each other when doing the division, and only factors provided by components affected by the change remain, leaving the relative change in damage taken as follows, where now only terms corresponding to mods affected by the change are taken into consideration:

relative_change = (1 - 0.8×R1×P1) (1 - 0.8×R2×P2)… / (1 - R1×P1) (1 - R2×P2) …

which can be rearranged and written as follows:

relative_change = ((1 - 0.8×R1×P1) / (1 - R1×P1)) × ((1 - 0.8×R2×P2) / (1 - R2×P2)) …

This shows several things:

(1) the relative increase in the damage taken does not depend on the value of the resists provided by components that are not affected by the change

(2) the total relative increase in the damage taken is the product of the relative increase caused by each of the resist components affected by the change, which is given by the formula:

(1 - 0.8×Rn×Pn) / (1 - Rn×Pn)

where Rn is the resistance attribute before the changes, and Pn the stacking penalty, if any.

(3) the greater the number of resist mods affected by the change that are used for a given damage type, the greater the relative increase in the damage taken will be for that damage type

Also, the value of (1 - 0.8×Rn×Pn) / (1 - Rn×Pn) increases as the value of Rn increases, which leads to:

(4) the higher the resist, the higher the relative increase in the damage taken becomes

Let’s see some examples.

A non stack penalised mod with a 60% resist attribute affected by the change will cause the damage taken to be increased by a factor:

(1 - 0.8 × 0.6) / (1 - 0.6) = 1.3

which is a 30% increase in the damage taken caused by that mod alone.

If the resist attribute is 30% instead, the damage taken will increase by a factor

(1 - 0.8 × 0.3) / (1 - 0.3) = 1.086

which is a much lower 8.6% increase in the damage taken.

If we have the two mods above fitted and a stack penalty of 0.869 applies to the second, its effect on the damage taken would be modified to be:

(1 - 0.8 × 0.3 × 0.869) / (1 - 0.3 × 0.869) = 1.07

and the combined effect would be an increase in the damage taken by a factor of 1.3 × 1.07 = 1.391, i.e. a 39.1% increase.

So does this mean you won’t be able to do PvE content you could do before? Depends.

Fits that relied on high resist mods for tanking will take significantly more damage after the change, but it may not matter much if they were overtanked, as is often the case for battleships running L4 missions with good skills, for example.

You may have or want to change your fit, ship and/or tactics, so you don’t rely so heavily on resist mods for tanking, but in most cases you’ll still be able to run the same PvE content as before, just maybe not the same way you could do it before.

The problem will be high end PvE content for which no alternative to high resist fits exist or has been figured yet. CCP may need to make some adjustments to those in order for them to be doable again.

5 Likes

I don’t get it. CCP changes stuff and tells us to “adapt and htfu” and then people go “How are you going to compensate this change for me so I don’t have to adapt!”.

6 Likes

Complete and utter ■■■■■■■■.

2 Likes

I think billions will be wasted ripping out T2 engineering and weapon rigs to replace them with shield/armour resist rigs and that omnitanking anything hard will be very difficult and that ultimately the level of challenge posed by new or higher level pve content has evolved to the point where T1 ships will be irrelevant as if they have the tank they won’t have the spank, and T2 ships will come under ever greater pressure. Perhaps this is to make everyone fly either Trig or the new Upwell(?) ships…

2 Likes

Perhaps don’t do that then.

1 Like