What is the point of loki wake limiter

lol thats just the idle sig of the fit once bubble is up.

love my MWD onyx kites all day and has def scram over 20km

1 Like

100mn loki is life

100mn tengue is OP we need to nerf it

okay but lets buff the loki better than the tengu and let it keep the 100mn

sounds good

CCPs balancing

Tengu is not as quick as the loki
Tank is better on the loki (on a similar fit)
Dps is a tad better on a Tengu

Imo they’re in a good place

2 Likes

only if you some how managed to find the pg fit blasters i mean who needs tank? otherwise you get just a hair more but are kin locked. god damn how did they fail this hard

Come on now, thats not super difficult.

2 Likes

sure i suppose you could fit some tank if you decided the prop mod was optional lol. CCP was so afraid of that 100mn tengu its got almost no PG left

1 Like

I’ll send you my blaster fit on SiSi later today. I hope you like it.

Math time. Missiles (and to a somewhat lesser extent turrets) apply damage based on your Velocity Factor, which is the ratio of your sig radius to your velocity. So, VF=V/S. Of course, for turrets your V is transversal velocity, for missiles it’s your absolute velocity. Regardless, the Wake Limiter bonuses improve the degree to which using prop mods raises your Velocity Factor. If you use an afterburner, you’re already raising your Velocity Factor and the Wake Limiter increases that further. If you use a MWD, at Max skills the bonus DOUBLES your VF, which means you’ll be taking roughly half* the damage.

Expanding on what @Erethond said, I prefer to look at the formula as (VFexpl/VFship)drf where VFship is the Velocity Factor I mentioned earlier, and VFexpl is the same, using the missile’s Explosion Velocity and Explosion Radius.

TL;DR The Wake Limiter helps with sig tanking when you use a prop mod. You are using a prop mod, right?

*Actually the reduction for missiles is going to be 1/2 raised to the missile’s Damage Reduction Factor, but that’s more detailed math than most people want to touch. So a nice rule of thumb figure is that you’ll take ~60% damage.

3 Likes

And off that 60-ish % you need to factor in shield or armor resistance.

Correct. But remember that 60% is with certain assumptions (missile expl radius is smaller than your sig, and without the wake limiter bonuses you’re already not taking 100% of the missile’s damage) so take it with a grain of salt. But rest assured, the wake limiter does indeed make a significant difference.

Oh I know it does

It is usefull for its slot layout

what is slot layout in 2018 u mong

i’m like 99% sure this is hyperbole but i just want to point out that so long as there is a chance you can be hit you have the exact same probability of taking a wrecking hit and no missile can produce one torp or otherwise

yes, torps can crit but you need to have a sig 9000 times the signature radius of the torp.

/troll

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.