What music are you listening today?

(1:06:36)

2 Likes

The Stranglers Get a Grip (On Yourself)

1 Like

I’m totally not thinking of anyone here.

â™Ș 
and break his neck neck neck neck! ♫

1 Like

(1 Lead Guitar + 1 Bass Guitar + 1 Drum set) X old school tube amps = awesomeness

1 Like

“Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
”

Choir! Epic! Nights with Colin Hay - Men At Work “Overkill”

1 Like

Time for another oldie
 so oldie that it never was released in stereo.

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack (1967)

Motown rejected it in 1964, then was released in 1967 and became a huge success.

Bonus track: the B side of that 45 record, a.ka. “Third finger, left hand”.

I’m admittedly at a loss on what the song means. What’s so special with wearing a ring on middle finger of the left hand? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If you don’t count the thumbs as finger, it may give you a better idea of which way to look at it more morally.
It serves as a good rule of thumb, and, also helps to discern.
Wedding bands don’t go on other fingers.

1 Like

Heh, talk about cultural differences. Thumb is also counted as a finger around this corner of the world thus it was making no sense. :grin:

1 Like

No, but it is a finger, just not a normal finger, that’s why we use it as a rule of thumb.

However, if you start counting 1 from the index, instead of the thumb or baby finger, you get the finger intended for the wedding band, which is not the index finger by the way.

The middle finger , long finger , or tall finger is the third digit of the human hand, located between the index finger and the ring finger . It is typically the longest finger . In anatomy, it is also called the third finger , digitus medius, digitus tertius or digitus III.

Ring finger should have rung a bell, or does it?

Marvelettes - When You’re Young and in Love

97,544 views ‱ Sep 20, 2013
FullBlown Cranium
230 subscribers

1 Like

The thing is, I never needed to name that finger in English
 so I didn’t know that it’s called ring finger in English, same as we do in Spanish (thumb to pinky: pulgar, Ă­ndice, medio (or corazĂłn, or grande), anular, meñique (or pequeño, or chico).

Counting the thumb as a finger, the third one is always the middle finger, ring finger only becomes third if you count from the index. Which is how you count with your fingers as you need the thumb to hold the pinky in place when counting “three”, but counting from the outside (or using your other hand), thumb is the first finger from your wrist and then go the other four.

Also, speaking of numbers

Three Dog Night - One (1968)

DĂĄmaso PĂ©rez Prado - Mambo nÂș 5 (1961)

1 Like

Blues(10:34).

This Night:

1 Like
1 Like

And now, for something completely different

Supertramp - Fool’s overture (1977)

Maybe it hasn’t aged well, maybe the sound samples are a bit odd rather than blasting new as in their tiems, but still it’s a masterpiece. And the time they transition to a fragment from “Dreamer” always gives me goosebumps.

1 Like