What music are you listening today?

1 Like

Words of wisdom from a Fatboy Slim video…

Fatboy Slim - Don’t let the man get you down (2003)

Always look boths ways before crossing the street. And don’t be a racist. Or else.

(38:54)

1 Like

Placebo - Pure Morning

11,704,356 views • Apr 28, 2010
PLACEBO
546K subscribers

1 Like

Bruno Pelletier & Breen LeBoeuf - Deux autres bières (sous-titres russes, français et anglais)

2,954 views • Jul 11, 2014
Maxy242
186 subscribers

Festival d’été de Québec, 2001 original: Offenbach traduction en anglais: http://lyricstranslate.com/fr/deux-au… traduction en russe et sous-titres: Karina Mirzalieva (Maxy)

English and Russian Translation.
(in Closed Captioning subtitles)

Triglavian way all day every day aka jemu zabrali mozg

Mad World performed by Curt Smith of Tears For Fears

3,983,002 views • Apr 4, 2020
Tory Burch
23.7K subscribers

2 Likes

(10:52)

Mark E. Smith was Triglavian, for sure.

1 Like

It takes time and stubbornness to pry open the treasure chest that is Wagner’s music. Once you have discovered what is inside you wonder why not more people make the effort. It is hard not to be overly lyrical when describing this soul touching music. But sometimes mere facts can give chills. The first piece took three geniuses to produce: the composer (Richard Wagner), the transcriber (Franz Liszt) who rewrote it for pianoforte, and the pianist (Wladimir Horowitz), one of the greatest of the 20th century. The latter was 86 years old at the time of recording. It took him 3 days to record Isolde’s Death to his satisfaction. He himself died 4 days later, leaving behind this final testimony of his talent.

For context I added the popular combination of the Prelude of the opera itself with Isolde’s Liebestod (the final scene of the drama starting at 11:30). The Liebestod music provides the musical completion and indeed the final culmination and liberation ‘missing’ in the Prelude, which paints most of the dramatic story. You can judge for yourself if Liszt caught the essence of Wagner’s composition and if Horowitz’ interpretation meets that same level.
A gentle warning. This Prelude is a veritable painting of motifs and phrases, uses all 12 semitones available in an octave, and is riddled with counterpoints. Perhaps not the most accessible of masterworks but once you get there (probably after several sessions) you will continue to discover more and more in this genre for decades …

2 Likes
1 Like

Yesterday, Youtube pushed this to me. I like me some Chopin. :headphones: :musical_keyboard:

(1:42.02)

2 Likes

Sealed my love for piano music a long time ago, Chopin’s Etudes Op 10 and 25

and adding Liszt to the mix

1 Like

Some songs just knock on the door of memory unexpectedly…

Pastora - Lola (2004)

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

The Fall Of Charleston

121,519 views • Oct 18, 2018
Tennessee Ernie Ford - Topic
4.51K subscribers

DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames (Live)

23,643,629 views • Apr 11, 2016
DragonForce
690K subscribers

DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames (Official Video)

112,419,597 views • Dec 26, 2006

LIVE

Hosting at 22:38.

1 Like
2 Likes