When did they nerf insurance?!

you get 40% without insurance

So, platinum insurance for my T1 Raven is: 117,301,064
Materials according to evepraisal 146 m

thats just reprocessed materials… counting the components listed in the raven bp, 300 m

1 Like

The reason why the payout is so low, is that the Astero’s cost to BUILD is so low
They are not expensive to BUILD, but acquiring the BPC to build them is (because it’s a faction BPC)

Rule of thumb is as follows
Any T1 Subcap ship, that you expect to lose, OUTSIDE OF ILLEGALLY ATTACKING ANOTHER PLAYER (both in HS and LS), it’s wise to insure, because they use direct minerals to produce

Any T2, Capital (since the recent indy update), or Faction ship, is barely worth insuring now

Regarding Capitals, I’ve not checked personally, but that’s what I’ve heard from people I know, that it’s now barely worth insuring capital ships at all

Hope this helps
If you’ve any further questions, HMU o7

Having a quick look - looks like for a ~3bn capital hull you get about 700m tops back, that is the platinum or whatever insurance level.

Remember, you’re currently going off the EST price of the SHIP ITEM for that “3bn capital hull”
What capital are you looking at specifically?
Because the current BUILD PRICE of many capitals is over 5bn atm

Furthermore, if you’re wondering WHY capitals are being sold for less than their build prices, that’s due to the full economic fallout from the capital and industry changes, not fully maturing yet.
It may take a good 2-3 years before things settle down again, and capitals are being sold for a slight markup to their build price

If you need a capital cheap, send me 100 million isk, and I send a fully fitted capital of your choice with all fittings. No problem. Happy to help.

Send isk to Aiko and say goodbye to scarcity!

2 Likes

That may be the case, but only for T1 ships. Insurance cost and payout is based on the cost of minerals to produce the ship.

Faction, pirate and T2 ships are much more expensive than the minerals required to build them (bevause of significant costs either in blueprints or other materials) and as such are barely worth insuring.

Costs of pirate ships have gone up lately, which means insurance has relatively gone down even more.

695m platinum insurance on a 2.7Bn ISK Ninazu.

Going off the current BUY PRICES of raw materials in Jita, a Ninazu, UNFITTED, built in a Sotiyo, with perfect EVERYTHING, implants in your toon, perfect skill… IE - you won’t be able to get ANYTHING better or more efficient… would cost you around… 6,457,718,035.85 (6.45bn)

So yeah

You have to mine the ore yourself, then its free.

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy:
Oh you… You’re so silly…

1 Like

This Ninazu is priceless :stuck_out_tongue:

basically going by price of the hull, is only good for seeing how much you are going to not get back, when it comes to insurance… I posted above somewhere, exactly how insurance works, according to CCP.

2 Likes

Think of insurance as (a small amount of) free ISK in case your ship explodes, not as a way to pay for a new hull.

2 Likes

I blame ED and their generous system of almost lossless combat.

1 Like

Same here. What I can spend on insurance I might as well spend it on a new ship.

3 Likes

I never expected a full replacement (and I understand and accept why not). But raw materials cost is a [bad] joke. :-1: :-1:

Anyone who wants insurance cannot be said to be flying something they can afford to lose.

2 Likes

Can you forward me 110mil for my last Astero loss?

Thank you in advance.

Why? Couldnt you afford to lose it?

When someone says about your ability to “Afford” something, that’s always a highly subjective term.

Yes I was able to quickly replace it (and the fittings). But having a 30%-40%+ return on insurance would have been very helpful. Can’t “afford” to be doing it on a regular basis.

Which goes back to what I said before: If CCP (and all the PVP players) want to entice the hisec players into low and null, gotta throw them a bone.

1 Like