When will PLEX be removed?

How does someone else buying something ruin your sense of pride in your accomplisments?

Unless they bought it to blow up your stuff.

Then thats just bad luck/planning, isnt it?

they wont remove it, its made them to much money. when you have players dropping 15k usd for a ship and many others dropping hundreds or even thousands so they don’t have to grind isk, why would you as a company want to make less money.

more so the increase plex cost because of players seeing they can charge more just because they can increase more plex sells from ccp as that buyer is getting that much more isk for their $20

The most faction fit Titan isn’t going to come close to 15 grand, I get your point but damn son nobody is spending that kind of money on ships.

Never underestimate pixel-crack.

What you’re saying is when you destroy someone’s ship / pod, you want them to lose hours of grinding ISK and really feel the pain, and you can’t get that sadistic euphoria anymore because everything is “easy come easy go”. Even though before you were waiting hours or days for someone to even risk their ship, whereas now there are plenty more targets for you to shoot because everybody undocks with the easily acquired shiny, the game is ruined. So you don’t enjoy the pew-pew, you just enjoy the torture / tears.

2 Likes

No that’s absolutely ridiculous, cute exaggerations but give your head a shake and see if that still feels like a believable made up number

You woudlnt believe how much money some people drop on games.

actually there was a guy that dropped that for a rev sansha super carrier.

guy was in an interview showing his receipts for buying plex he sold to get his rev only to die to his alliance.

EVE, please, never change :smiley:

next “but it wa all better 500 years ago” thread … guys get up … its changing … you sub or run for plex or play up to 20mill sp as alpha in december
cant understand what you mean … your startpost makes no sense in any way … time befor plex … ok … nice yea … good … but it is gone … seams like someone saw a better way …
maybe CCP can run a server with the 1.0 version of eve for guys like you … maybe the game is great with 12 guys and 30 alts but i guess its not …

there was a time when you have 128kb on your floppy … oh was that a nice time … so much space … only 15$ each and you could change thon in the drive … so cool … yea it was but it is gone … now you download a graficdriver with 600mb for what? the comercialpics in this driver have mor then 128kb each … so take it as it is … if you dont like eve anymore find one and give him all you stuff and kill your account … go play WOW and get happy again …

greetings

JuuR

Plex is MANDATORY for this game. Being that you can’t grind experience, a new player starts out YEARS behind a veteran player. And there is no way to close the gap without skill point injectors. I don’t know about you but I refuse to play a game in which people that started before me will always have more ‘skill’ than I do.

The fact that it takes months and months just to learn to fly ships with the gear you want is ridiculous enough, without skill injectors people would lose interest very fast. Which is one of the reasons Eve never took off the way it could’ve.

With that said, Plex helps to eliminate all of that. For example I make a decent living and have used PLEX several tmes to buy ships and skill injectors. I lost my first battleship well before I was actually skilled enough to fly it. I’m still not that good but at least I’m able to enjoy flying what I want to fly and play the game the way I want to by simply funding my account through PLEX every so often. Also it helps the economy, so there is literally no downside to it. Why does anyone else care if I’m dumb enough to fly a ship that I don’t really understand.

1 Like

Not only does PLEX allow new players to close the skill point gap with rl cash,
it allows them to close it by

a)grinding more in the traditional mmo sense of doing pve lots to make isk and buy injectors/plex

b)being better than others at the game and making enough isk to close that gap, through skill and ingenuity.

Also, the earliest reference I can find to selling gtc’s for isk is 2007, so for at least ten years this has been the case, that people can use rl money to buy an item they can exchange for isk, the OP joined in 2005 so must be aware of this.

So if someone has been playing a game for 12 years, and for ten of them a system has been in place, that meant everything you ‘meet, fight or converse with’ COULD have been ‘bought’ with RL money, then what’s changed.

That people can buy injectors and ‘jump the skill que’, but they could always buy characters?

Regarding bots and RMT- it is surely obvious that CCP are in direct competition with RMT traders and their bots in the isk for cash marketplace, and that PLEX is the main reason we still have an economy that has not been crashed by people cashing out.

And if you do not believe CCP are doing anything with RMT and botting here is a suggestion.
Set up a bunch of alpha accounts and run bots on them 24/7 through VMS, at regular intervals transfer that isk to your main character, watch your main character get banned.

Or if you are going to quit anyway just do some RMT botting and see how long it takes to get banned- my guess is the more obvious you are about it the quicker you will be banned, but banned you will be.

Thats every game.

EvE playing skill is less about SP and more about knowing wtf you are doing with a particular hull and your skills at finding like minded folk to share your adventure.

Buying and selling SP just means that the new player can get to the point where they can afford/fly something that they still will need to learn how to use more quickly.

1 Like

I have one caveat to this. Industry.

Imo this is the single most competitive aspect in this game, and one that has been reduced to 0.1isk profit margins upkept by magnates, though admittedly there are some means to cut a better profit if you are smart/lucky.

Id agree with you on that if it wasnt for the fact that folk are obsessed with trade hubs.

I was hoping citadels would solve that, but it seems either to have either stalled or is slow to get going.

But to be fair, I dont do industry much, so this input is purely observational theory and not direct experience.

1 Like

Not even almost true. If I go play Call of Duty vs a player that bought it day 1 I can be better than them. They can have unlocked all the weapons, but if I’m better at shooter games then all I have to do is get comfortable with that game.

Same thing for other MMOs. I play a game called Elder Scrolls Online, a new player that learns how to pvp properly can beat a day 1 vet. They have to build up their gear and abilities and all that but after a month a new player can compete with a vet. After 6 months any skilled player can beat any vet player.

That’s how it should be, if you put in the work to learn about the game you should be able to compete.

Irrelevant.

I can name a dozen other games where your “a day 1 player can beat a 10 year vet” theory is complete rubbish.

Which is EXACTLY my point.

If someone DOESNT bother to learn how the game works, then its on their head for getting killed out of ignorance.

1 Like