When will PLEX be removed?

5m alph unless you’re a lapsing account.

I’m at about 22m. Might have to just let mine sit and lapse. 1.5-6b is too much of a drag now to enjoy doing. It was okay for a year but Plex is going to inevitably creep up again instead of dropping down to a 1b and sinking further like it should.

You mean like a monocle for $70? :smiley:

Also it’s nice to see people rage against bf2. Microtransactions need to die.
They shouldn’t be in this game either. Everything in the nes should be acquirable in game. I’ve long rallied against cashgrabs from CCP in the form of 30$ palette swap skins. Really not much different than battlefront. I bet everything in the near would add up to 2100$ like Battlefront’s loot crates

An ugly ****ing monocle at that

Sounds like EVE today.

1. You can turn off security restrictions.

2. Nobody is forcing you to farm PvE in developed player sov.

3. I have never seen you argue for removing System Upgrades.

4. PLEX is more expensive ingame than ever, and poorer players are far more restricted on how they can fund their in-game activities than whales.

5. You can still buy GTCs from 3rd party retailers.

What a load of horseshit.
Its finally revealed how little you have to offer in terms of how to improve the game despite your incessant whining.

Hi Matthias, you’ll likely get speared by someone pointing out that CCP is a business, and that businesses have a right to make money.

Best you gird your loins for the fight. You could point out that micro-transactions are only one way of raising money, not the only way. Perhaps not even the most effective way.

I sometimes wish that CCP would just be open about it all, as in ‘Look, player base, y’all don’t give us enough cash to run this business. Any ideas?’. Like turkeys voting in favour of Thanksgiving/Christmas, I suppose.

Apparently, (and this has been true since the beginning of general internet availability) everything internet-based should be free or very very cheap, as should all software, however complex, because, you know, it’s my right to have nice things.

Striking a balance between keeping your business afloat and pacifying players must be difficult. However, the attempt must be made if your company is to remain in business. Perhaps that’s where the ‘EVE is dying’ thing comes from; folks just don’t feel that CCP has a firm grip on maintaining that balance.

No they’re a game developer.
Making games used to be about making games, not money. Game developers have forgotten that. Eve is a subscription based game, even if I use the Plex method I earn my subscription in game fair and square.
Micro transactions are unacceptable in any game that costs up front money or subscription fees.
Interesting side part of that is look at elder scrolls online.
They thought they could charge people 60$ up front and a monthly subscription. No one bought the game and it crashed so bad they had to go free to play.

Ccp made plenty of money off subscriptions and more than enough to grow and expand Eve. They carelessly misused funds to make things like world of darkness, Valkyrie, and dust 514 and make start up CCP studios that fell through.
Ccp should stop hiring ea execs and focus on making a good game instead of skins and loot crates for events.
Look at how that worked out for battlefront 2.

They still need to finish Wis too since captains quarters were removed they can start over on that now which they should have finished with dust years ago in Iceland not in an outsourced money sink in Shanghai.
If CCP wants to generate revenue the answer is cheaper subscriptions.

1 character account for 5$ would skyrocket the player base overnight. Why would anyone pay $15 to have an account with 2 character slots they can’t train on and don’t use. That’s why I quit the first time in 2009. $15 is too much for a game where I’m only using one account and I can’t even get out of my ship and walk around.

1 Like

Finally revealed? Stop projecting, I don’t offer ideas about how to “improve the game” because I’m not some egomaniac like you who thinks he knows better than paid professional developers. Not everyone is like you in thinking they know what will work for 10s of thousands of EVE players. Like you, Im just a customer. Unlike you, I know I’m just a customer.

Look, I’m sorry that your ideas are always bad and people tell you this all the time, but that’s not my fault, it’s yours for not critiquing your own ideas before typing them out… As I just said, EVE is fine as it is, the changes that happened (like introduction of plex) probably needed to happen.

But progress comes at a cost, in this case the cost has been a less meaningful game than what it used to be (hint: cost is what you never consider when typing out that latest half baked idiocy you call “ideas”).

1 Like

True, you dont.

You just whine instead.

1 Like

False, Eve used to be a subscription based game. Now Eve has been expanded into a multiple-pay model game. Paying a subscription is only one of the options of how to pay for various types of game content.

Things change, yelling that things don’t change, doesn’t actually keep them from changing.

No it’s still subscription based. Sorry but that’s just how it is until you’re no longer able to subscribe. Micro transactions are only vulgar bastardizations of the current game. You’re wrong. Full stop.

Have you ever heard of CCP ratatti?

Dust dev maybe? I’ve heard the name.

What about him/her?

Subscription is one of the ways you can pay. There are others, no one is arguing about subscription not being an option.

But to say that it is “subscription based” means that it is only subscription based. This is false, you can pay for content by buying SKINs, that is not a subscription, it is a one-time purchase. You can also buy content (ISK) by buying and selling PLEX, this is also not a subscription based way to pay. Therefore it is a multiple-pay model, subscription being one of the pay options.

If you can some how prove that the only means by which CCP can collect money from its player base is by subscriptions (which was true years ago but not now) then I would be wrong. But since that is not the case, I’m not wrong. Times have changed.

You even admit, in the same post where you claim it’s a subscription based game, that it isn’t just a subscription based game:

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it isn’t real. Eve now has more ways to pay than just a subscription, therefore it is no longer a subscription based game, it is a multiple-pay option game, and a subscription is one of those options.

For some its not ok game, for some its the best ever.

And for some its a gem that constantly lacks polish or CCP did not add a crown to it.

Oh I had a chuckle because local to me there is a town with a reputation for being a dump, and the council couldnt work out what to do.

So they bought a giant crown and put it in the town centre.

Job done.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, I don’t mean to take sides or judge in your first discussion with salvos just the part you said about the devs irks me. Theyre not infallible and they can make mistakes and be as ignorant as anyone else.

Before I ramble further I played dust years ago and yeah he took over dust as I think the third or fourth lead. They went through a few. But I got into it once and he admitted after some back and fourth in a thread he had never played Eve before and he was in charge of the game at the time and I told him he was unqualified to run the game if he had not St the least tried playing Eve before. Id maintain that you or I or anyone in this thread would be more qualified or know more than a “professional paid dev” in that specific situation, he just didn’t have a grasp on the game like many of the hardcore dust players who had been in Eve also. I played years ago and learned something new in Eve everyday and after being back about a year now I still learn new things every day.

Don’t mean to nitpick or over critisize you on that I’ve just always been really butthurt over my incident with him because he handled it poorly and gave me a temporary ban aftr he openly admitted he didn’t know anything about eve. But getting to my point sometimes players do know more than the devs. Some ideas come from the community and we just know better than they do sometimes. To this day if he still hasn’t at least tried playing Eve he’d still be unqualified compared to any of us to run Nova/legion or whatever the current t name of that project is if it’s still going.

This game started as subscription. Everything afters irrelevant and shouldnt be there sorry. Most of ccps money cons from subs. You can’t charge people twice.
Even if it negates me from playing. I’d happily leave if it meant no micros

No one suggests developers are perfect. Maybe in some cases a player might know more about something.

But the player has NOTHING at stake. The Developer may actually be betting their job on the outcome of their work. This is why most player ideas are utter crap (and Salvos is the poster child for this), the player has no skin in the game other than a false sense of ‘investment’ so the player can offer whatever dumb unworkable idea that want and lose nothing if it somehow gets adopted.

IMO it’s just like real life. I’m not a doctor, and doctors being human means they can and do make mistakes which is why I seek second opinions. But 23 years ago I worked at a hospital and was AMAZED at how every.single.patient that came into my ER thought they knew more than the person who spent 8 + years studying to to do the job. People are that dumb and over-confident it seems. I used to think “wow, if you know so much more than the doctor, why the hell are you not jsut treating yourself at home”?

Likewise, why are all these gaming experts wasting time playing video games when they could be getting Elon Musk levels of cash from developing games since they obviously know what needs to be done…

1 Like

And yet this has been your position, that you know better, all along.

Thats why you whine over changes made a decade ago, or yesterday, continuously, but never offer any alternative. Irs also why you think you know better than anyone that discusses options for change, by whining at them, rather than offering an alternative.

The term “peanut gallery” was termed from when performers on stage would have empty peanut husks thrown at them by hecklers from the side. Thats what you do.

You are the epitomy of a “bitter vet”, with nothing else to offer than constant complaints.

Instead of contributing constructively to change all the years you have been in EVE, you have chosen instead to whine and throw peanuts from the side at anyone who tries. As a result, you’ve basically achieved nothing and apparently learned nothing.

We all know people like you at staff meetings etc. You are the type that just sits there and complains and attacks anyone elses propositions to achieve goals, yet offers nothing of their own or of value to the table.