Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

its doubled in the last few months since the poorly made decision to break plex up.

i spoke out against it then saying it would skyrocket and go above 4m and its well on its way.
i was told i didnt know what i was talking about and what statistics i had to back up my claims.
looks like i was right all along so now whats being done ccp to lower plex back down to 2m/1b where it was stable.

6 Likes

boohoo

1 Like

Why must CCP do anything? Prices are driven by demand and supply, neither of which are under CCP’s control. Well, unless they release a bunch of plex which I doubt they will do.

Harden up and deal with it.

18 Likes

They are doing nothing and I hope it stays that way.

13 Likes

And rightly so.

18 Likes

CCP has put in PLEX rewards for the agency event.

Other than that, PLEX is injected into the game by frat boys such as my self who buy our isk rather than farm it, while subbing. I have not needed to in quite some time as I make stupid isk just screwing around HS.

Demand is up supply is down. Everything in EVE is player made. You still have no idea what you are talking about.

Now, turn off the isk printers and the price will drop. But then it will be harder to earn isk, and you will salt about that.

9 Likes

[quote=“Lady_Ayeipsia, post:3, topic:11792, full:true”]
Why must CCP do anything? [/quote]

Because new players that want to plex their account to play as omega may feel it’s an impossible task to grind enough isk as a beginner and give up on the game.

Also, the economics PHD CCP used to have on staff said it was not good for the plex price to get too high.

1 Like

Just remember, null sec cartel members pay for a month’s gametime in about 6 hours of semi-afk ratting. All other sectors of the player base have to spend orders of magnitude more time grinding for gametime.

This is all part of CCP’s plan. They have no use for their non null sec player base. Now, the null sec propaganda machine will start spinning up and denying the facts, but CCP’s actions over the past 3-5 years make crystal clear their intent.

10 Likes

First sentence of OP isn’t even accurate. Didn’t read past that.

1 Like

How about those new player drop 15$ on the game? Why are they expecting to be able to finance their game time out of in-game wealth when they are new to that game?

12 Likes

[quote=“Shiloh_Templeton, post:7, topic:11792”]
Because new players that want to plex their account to play as omega may feel it’s an impossible task to grind enough isk as a beginner and give up on the game. [/quote]It’s always been nigh on impossible for newbies to go straight into plexing their accounts, nothing has changed in that respect. Subbing for a few months before being able to generate enough regular isk to buy a plex was the norm for a long time.

Personally I found the plex grind to be a bugbear and it was killing my enjoyment of the game, I generally just pay with RL cash these days.

[quote]Also, the economics PHD CCP used to have on staff said it was not good for the plex price to get too high.[/quote]AFAIK CCP still employ a team of economists; and I recall a dev saying, in the last year or so, that he was surprised at how cheap plex actually is.

6 Likes

[quote=“Lady_Ayeipsia, post:3, topic:11792”]
Prices are driven by demand and supply, neither of which are under CCP’s control
[/quote]its under their control
they created the demand which caused the rapid price increase in the first place

3 Likes

problem with ccp devs is they tend to just look at graphs with numbers on them and extrapolate whatever they want from it
you know the way numbers look doesnt always reflect the reality of a situation
hence why drake is one of the most useless ships in the game

1 Like

It’s still in player’s hand to use what is offered for PLEX or not. If the players weren’t so addicted to skill crack, SP farms consuming PLEX would not be a thing.

1 Like

not really arguing the point just saying its erroneous to claim ccp have no control

1 Like

[quote=“JC_Mieyli, post:13, topic:11792”]
hence why drake is one of the most useless ships in the game
[/quote]Really?

It’s so useless that it’s currently ranked #3 on Zkill, and has consistently appeared on lists of the ships most commonly used in PvP for several years.

which zkill are you looking at the one im looking at has loki at 3
oh okay now i see
youre looking at the alltime rank
not the recent rank which is 134
how many ships are even in this game

1 Like

Close to 300 I believe

well ok we can edit our post too np

Nope, I just looked at different information than you did; I concede that my reference point was erroneous, but IMHO by no means is the Drake one of the most useless ships in the game. That honour probably belongs to the Epithal.