Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

This is the forums content I crave

3 Likes

Echelon?
Zephyr?
Primae?

They’re all worse than the Epithal. The Epithal is, in fact, really useful when you’re doing PI.
The 3 ships mentioned above, however, serve no purpose whatsoever.

2 Likes

well my point was that the ship used to be at number 3 because it was a popular ship
it was cheap
pretty effective
fast to train into
and test took advantage of that and got fleets of new players flying drakes

it wasnt an overpowered ship it was just popular
now its unpopular because it doesnt compete since it was heavily nerfed

they looked at the numbers and assumed it was op because it was being used so much
either that or they just had a tantrum because people werent playing the way they want them to play

2 Likes

Big hole in your tinfoil hat. Someone still has to buy the PLEX with real money and put it on the market. If it’s not the Null sec guys (none of them really pay for their accounts, right?) Then who is? Must be all them abused, ignored, and neglected non null sec guys

3 Likes

not to get off-topic , or to stop you talking out your butt , which you seem so good at , but .
drake was nerfed because goons were mad at it .
nc was supposed to fall in two weeks and they piled all their newbs and alts into drakes .
which was a direct counter to goon then ahac doctrine .
in their outrage , goons piled all their guys also into drakes , ungrouping launchers and launching drones well out of drone range , just to lag the server .
to make ccp nerf the drake and heavy missiles .
and ccp folded , faster than superman at a laundromat …

5 Likes

The price of PLEX has been stable as long as I have been playing the game. $19.95 buys 30 days of game time with occasional sales and volume discounts. You used to get 1 PLEX for that, now you get 500 microPLEX.

The exchange rate with ISK is volatile. There is too much ISK in the game and not enough things to spend it on so it finds its way into the only safe haven investment - PLEX.

Ratting isn’t necessarily the best way to make ISK - the problem with ratting is the ISK they earn is created out of thin air in the form of bounties. If that ISK was redistributed from elsewhere in the game it wouldn’t be a problem.

You can also make a lot of ISK on the markets and that’s mostly highsec. I’ve earned a PLEX overnight while I was sleeping - not even logged in. In that case the ISK was redistributed - not created. Other players bought stuff I was selling.

2 Likes

Ummm…duh…you may want to go away and rethink your logic, then come back.
You just backed up my point.

High sec/low sec/wh players can’t generate enough ISK to buy gametime in-game OR buy assets, therefore spend RL cash to introduce cash into the game. Null sec players then buy that game time with their wads of in-game ISK, which is what you just said.

1 Like

off-topic on your off-topic: I will be borrowing that phrase, thanks!

3 Likes

Nothing.

Nothing needs to be done. If people stop buying plex, the price will fall.

2 Likes

But that would mean Omega accounts lapsing to Alpha accounts for those players who rely on in game PLEX purchases.

Which could mean more High Sec ganking!

1 Like

And that will lead to the next very big problem…

1 Like

oh sorry didnt realise i was talking out my butt
you will have to link me to the devblog where ccp nerfed drake because goons
although your explanation is covered under
they just had a tantrum because people werent playing the way they want them to play
so it wasnt really necessary

I totally agree, incursion runners, money moon owners and C6 ratters are dirt-poor. That is why NC. has incursion alts, null blocks support lowsec entities and HK dropped their second keepstar. Yep.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re a smart, hard-working kid with no money?

But maybe CCP has decided that it’s okay if a plex is out of reach of new players since they have the omega option now.

1 Like

[quote=“Jonah_Gravenstein, post:20, topic:11792, full:true”]by no means is the Drake one of the most useless ships in the game. That honour probably belongs to the Epithal.
[/quote]
Clearly you’ve never done WH PI. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Epithal is a great cheap ship, perfect for it’s job and no loss if it goes pop

5 Likes

And you’d be wrong about that too, I was doing wormhole PI before your character was created.

You know what they say about assumptions don’t you?

The Epithal is a useful ship though.

The Primae, on the other hand, is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

2 Likes

But I like chocolate…

5 Likes

@ the defenders of the Epithal.
My bad, I just had a look at the ships and I screwed up, 'tis indeed the Primae that is useless, not the Epithal.

3 Likes