Whilst we are overhauling industry

So you’re worried that producers will switch what items they make because some of them can only log on once a week?

I actually thought this was a good thing because those with real life obligations can better compete with people who can log in everyday…just like skill training.

No, I’m worried that dumb people will make more money. That there won’t be a need to actually think, just use stupid tools like IPH because then this will become correct. That whoever you are, the result will be the same ; that people won’t need to experiment, think, tinker around.

And in the end you’ll have killed invention as a deep activity. I would make more money from it, because yes I could then launch tens of runs at once. But it would anyhow become a dumb activity, trivialized by this change. Basically a passive activity, just like PI, without a need to think.

But I guess this notion makes no sense to you, since you are unable to understand what I actually wrote and try to rephrase it, losing its meaning doing so.

1 Like

I really don’t understand. It still looks like a pro-alarm clocking argument.

If someone else can explain what Anderson is getting at, i would like to understand.

You

are

dumbing

down

the

activity.

There are many activities in Eve. For example, mining is very dumb : land, lock rock, laser.

Then you have more complex activities. Manufacturing, PI are a bit more complex.

Guess which one are the most valuable ? Yes, the ones where you actually need to think are the most valuables.

And you want to make invention, which is one of the most complex, actually become as simple as T1 manufacturing. You want to remove one of the multiple costs of invention, to make it a one-dimensional problem, to the point it becomes effectively as simple as T1 manufacturing.

That is, dumbing it down, making it less valuable, and making the game less interesting.

2 Likes

Implement the DWIWB (Do what I want button).

This does nothing to change costs of invention.

Invention is completely untouched by this idea.

Yes it does. The only reason you affirm that, is because you don’t know invention.
It’s exactly like “ore I mine myself are free” : it is only true as long as you don’t actually do it seriously.

Funny thing is, I explained why but you just can’t get the explanation.

My advice is : if you can’t be bothered with limited runs from T2, then don’t do T2. Do T1 instead. Even better, do mining. Don’t just try to ■■■■ the other activities that still need half a brain.

1 Like

I really can’t. Because you say something about costs, yet this changes no such thing. All costs are unchanged.

Has nothing to do with it.

This idea is an add-on to the first that happens to make sense for other reasons. Like the skill queue changes and lesser requirements of alts (but alts still make things faster).

Edit- and less clicking and more competitive for people with RL obligations.

Yes it does.

The fact that you lack the experience to understand what I am talking about, does not mean it does not exist.

I get it, you don’t understand invention. Then there is no point giving your opinion. Your proposal is bad for the game, and it’s obvious for anybody actually doing industry. You just want to remove the costs to dumb down the game.

What happens when your proposal is implemented ? Very simple, only one or two decryptors are used for each T2 item. In the end, you are making some of the decyptors completely useless. Nobody will ever use augmentation and optimized augmentation decryptors, because they become completely worthless - process and accelerant are just plainly better.

It’s only really you. The only other complainant said he was ok with the changes.

Why?

Decryptors would still extend BPC runs and reduce the cost of invention just as they do now. And anyone would still be able to use multiple slots to do industry just like it’s done today. OR they could consume more BPC’s and more decryptors which means the jobs take longer and they would need to do more invention.

Is that what you have a problem with? Because that’s what people can already do today just with more clicks and alarm clocking…

FFS do industry. Then we can talk.

No, the augmentation decryptor would only INCREASE the cost of invention (half chance, less ME and cost of decyptor). While right now it is one of the most heavily used decryptors. Your proposal would make the augmentation decryptor plainly worse than not using a decryptor.

So yes this would be a HUGE change to industry. How can you not see the obvious ? If people use the most a decryptor whose sole positive effect is to increase the number of run per BPC, then it means the number of runs per BPC is actually a major factor in the cost of the industry.

I’d like to chime in here with a few thoughts based on what i’ve read.

first off i’d like to comment regarding the inital idea.
the inital idea and concept is about having a multi build feature.

the example listed is actually for building a specific fit.

i have to say that i actually like this idea, especially given we have in recent months past had a trailer for EVE out there which shows a small corporation of players tackling large orders with the click of a button for a big alliance, so in terms of the game performing as advertised as well as an industrialist i do very much like this idea.

it is tedious running all 11 lines at once to knock out a few ship fits for yourself, depending on the level you’re producing on at least.

anyone in industry will tell you the more you produce in a shorter time the cheaper the production cost, which means greater profits when it comes for sales.

in terms of alliance and coaliton game play, it would make things SO MUCH easier for FC’s who are awake night and day to take fleets out if they could just have ships built to order, considering we have a button which allows us to “equip this fitting” or whatever it is, i don’t see it being a huge problem over all, it would simply mean that after some small adjustment people could easily have ready some of an corp, alliance or coalition doctrine, from a running a corp perspective, i think this could work really well as a lot of people have “ships on contract” which as mentioned before would be good for ease of access for players, mining fleets, pvp fleets, whatever your choice might be.

TLDR on the concept: yes, i like it +1

the arguement.

the arguement here seems to be a debate about people running industry without managing your materials, BPO’s effectively, there also seems to be a case of running jobs passively.

I want to say that I do feel it should be down to the players to manage the
Resources & BP’s they have in question.

however i’m not okay with people being able to passively perform jobs, nor have some kind of job install timer in place, this way players can run 11 production lines all at once without being logged in 10 seconds before their account goes alpha and get a month’s worth of production done with nothing to worry about.

I feel there is somewhere a middle ground, as an industrialist, the one thing which i have hated about it is the fact that if i run a job and it finished in say 6 hours, I might very well be asleep, then I have to get up and go to work for example which sucks 8 - 10 hours out of my day. i shouldn’t have to force myself to wake up to play a game.

if a structure timer goes off and i’m asleep, not my damn problem, that’s for the pilots who are active to deal with.

I do feel there is some kind of middle ground with this idea though, what it is at this point though i’m uncertain.

as mentioned before i like this idea to build fitted ships right off the bat, however it can also be good for using capital ships

perhaps jobs could be linked in series some how, a sort of “job stack”

where in an office you get a stack of paper work to get through, the same at a lumber yard, you’ve got a bunch of tree’s to log / plank.

I can see people loading multiple BPC’s into some kind of item, which would then allow a single production line, providing enough resources are available to produce whatever is there.

want to build a capital?
load all the BPC’s into a “job stack” (i can envison this like a kind of player driven industry escalation) then you start producing from the smallest possible componants building upwards. over time.

this way it would be a player assist perhaps with specific mineral goals X trit X pyerie X isogen so people know what to buy / feed the machine.

like i said i feel there is perhaps some kind of middle ground on this idea, where player management of BPC’s & resources is still done with old school spreadsheets meaning to be an industrialist you have to be that kind of hard core player and is note worthy and respectable within the community.

but also building a whole fit on a single production line or even perhaps a capital or something would also be a good thing.

the number of times i sit there and station spin, i can see miners and industrialists using some middle ground system to achieve smaller obtainable goals for specific projects like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.