Why didnt u sell on top? 📉

The value it has to reach to function as a global reserve asset. Since the number of Bitcoins is fixed at eventually 21mil coins, the only way to grow the market capitalization to a value that backs the global economy is for the price on an individual coin to increase.

I see. For that, “true value” seems to be a bad term, and more of a wish, or perhaps a marketing term. “Ideal value” would be more apt.

Yes, maybe. Obviously I don’t know the future. I’m just betting on something I’m pretty certain about because it seems super obvious to me that’s what is going to happen. I could be wrong.

No risk no reward. That doesn’t mean I don’t manage my risk.

USDTroll?

Those tokens are next scam.

:joy: :joy: :rofl:

I dont think Tesla really cares about San Salvador market opportunities.

More on USDT.

I dont know, are people thinking this will be going forever? No, they are not aware, or they are already out.

Srsly, Tether FUD? Is it 2013?

Here some more awesome things:
Selection_352
Selection_351

I did not think something like this would happen for at least another couple of years.

El Salvador is now suddenly the country with the worlds hardest money :el_salvador:

Or they are in denial.

Oooh, look who’s talking :joy: :joy:

This will not only impact El Salvador. This makes Bitcoin a foreign currency for all the other countries which will change a lot of legislation around how it’s treated.

And a very significant point here is that this has absolutely nothing to do with speculation or the price. This is purely about Bitcoin as money an a monetary network.

No. its about escaping sanctions. Omitting money network. Because the money there are from the people who emigrated already and are sending some spare change from USA. And USA can ban them from sending money. But at current point it will only make El Salvador a failed state like others. From third country to actual Venezuale grade hole USA business will be said to avoid entirely. What then? Whole country emigrates?

Yes, Bitcoin will replace all the networks like swift at some point. El Salvador is just a bit earlier joining the party than the rest of the world :slight_smile:

No they absolutely can’t. In fact no one can stop them anymore from sending money. Everyone can completely self custody their Bitcoins if they want because everyone has direct access to the Bitcoin network, which is completely censorship resistant.

They have now a law that will attract the whole crypto industry to their country and that will probably attract capital and jobs in a magnitude that country has never seen before. Oh and they now want to mine Bitcoin with electricity from their Volcanoes :volcano: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . I’m bullisch for El Salvador

Try to send money to someone in North Korea.

You mean like an industry of scam? I can see it replacing Nigerian scams in memes.

If they give me a bitcoin address or a lightning invoice I absolutely can here and right now, and no one can stop me.

They mostly are yes. They have nice memes though

Ha, so you see now why it ws made so in El Salvador?

El Salvador had the USD. A currency completely controlled by another government which is in the process of completely devaluing it by printing insane amounts and giving it to their own people. Bitcoin is the complete opposite of that. It has a fixed monetary policy no one can change and no one can control it.

And honestly the Lightning tech is absolutely amazing. It seriously has properties and possibilities already now that no other monetary system has. And it’s still in early development.

Why would you not opt for that amazing tech paired with the hardest money on the planet?

I was under the impression that there were no official developers for Bitcoin. Not anymore, anyway.

:ok_hand: Perfect place for them. Just we would have to cut them from every network, so they keep it to themselves. What would happen there, I am scared to think honestly. But if they wanted it, they should have it, no refunds tho.

If I were running the cleverest Ponzi scheme of all time, I would want to remain anonymous, too.

2 Likes

The creator Satoshi Nakamoto stepped back, no one knows who he actually was. There is an open source community of developers working on the bitcoin software, independent people and various companies together. but they can’t just change the rules or important things, as it would never be accepted. There is a rather complicated process of trying to figure out if a certain extension would be accepted by the network, which means all the users, not just the miners, before it’s even attempted to be included.

So in essence it is almost impossible to change anything. Especially when it comes to changing the rules it is pretty clear that this will probably never be changed again, even if that means it has certain consequences for the on-chain performance. But stability of the system is the most important aspect when it comes to such a thing.