Why does trade have to cough up all the isk sinks?

Ridiculous broker fees of up to 5% before any goods have even been transferred.

Higher transaction fee is fine, the broker fee is dumb and only leads to tedium.

Sure, if you think so. vOv

Except it doesn’t. More sinks either means end isk earning remains the same overall so increasing sinks is pointless or that wealth concentrates even faster in a few people’s hands…
Oh wait… Now I understand. You want more faucets for you while everyone else will be the sinks. Just like you got newbies to pay for everything in your corp while you made the isk in profit… Now I understand.

Except it doesn’t. More sinks either means end isk earning remains the same overall so increasing sinks is pointless or that wealth concentrates even faster in a few people’s hands…
Oh wait… Now I understand. You want more faucets for you while everyone else will be the sinks. Just like you got newbies to pay for everything in your corp while you made the isk in profit… Now I understand.

Whaaaaah he must scam whaaaaa. Lot’s of posters with that logic, doesn’t hold. For a healthy game, you want lots of faucets, and sinks, with the goal of wealth decreasing, so that you can make more and keep the game balanced and growing.

No, ■■■■ off.

Nope, I’m here to stay, enjoy :slight_smile:

I have made the suggestion to lower broker fees and raise transaction fees:

BOOHOO WALL STREET TEARS :sob:

1 Like

When there’s more ISK sinks than faucets, EVE’s economy turns into a badly managed third world country. Trust me, I live in one. By looking at the graphs from the original post I can see that the change is bringing the inflation down, which is a good thing.

If the inflation keeps rising, then say hello to the new price of a Rifter:

If the balance passes affect your profit, then simply either:

• find a way around it (player owned stations are there, including a lot of them with low taxes and free access markets)
  • redo the math on your profit margins based on the new taxes and adapt your trading portfolio accordingly (the game has literally thousands of types of items, hundreds of ship types… simply find a new more profitable niche)
  • diversify into other activities apart from trading (there is no lack of different activities in this game, even for a casual player)

You’ve said that manufacturing should be taxed more - which means that you probably think that manufacturers have an advantage over traders - which means that you should not be complaining, but rather should be switching to manufacturing, if you think that it’s not taxed enough. If you think that you profit margin is hurt and see an area of the game that looks to be more profitable, you can either complain about it or adapt. Your choice.

My personal opinion: inflation just keeps rising in EVE over the years, not only because of the ISK sinks and faucets - but because some aspects of the game are and always will be more fun to do than others no matter what feature you add to the game or how you balance things. Impact on trader’s ability to pump up the prices even more for the end consumer should be limited and thus taxed.

Is wrong because inflation often doesn’t rise at all in EVE.

Ok. You’re right. Inflation is fluctuating, but its always present. It’s the prices that are constantly rising, so here’s the fixed sentence:

:wink:

It’s still wrong.

I like coffee.

2 Likes

You might want to acquaint yourself with these things called facts…inflation is at best, modest in the game.

Even IRL, why do so many places have sales taxes.

In real life sales tax is only levied on added value, not on the transaction itself. The equivalent would be increasing manufacturing isk costs.

Anyway I have updated my OP to reflect that I think the broker fees are way more the problem than the transaction fees:

A market order is not a transfer of goods, it is only a form of communication to the other party that you want to buy or sell something. It shouldn’t take up to 5%(!) to just say you want to buy it.

All this does is make managing larger market orders a pain because if you first say you want to buy and the market changes you lose the extreme broker fees. It forces people to micro manage the same buy order into smaller chunks, which is tedious and ads nothing.

Broker fee should only be to prevent spamming the market. 0.5% or so is more than enough. The moment of actually payment should be the transaction itself and the transaction tax can be raised accordingly.

Give citadels the option of setting their own transaction tax instead of broker fee and have the same fixed broker fee for the citadels as well.

Not where I live. Here sales tax is levied based on transaction amount without regard to anything else. The added value has no bearing on the tax. Not everywhere uses VAT.

1 Like

Correct, someone has confused two different taxes.

One thing is for sure, Nobody is charging up to 5% just to say you want to buy something without any actual transaction taking place.

Because reselling for low margins has always been a cancer for the end consumer when you got 100+ people racing themselves to it. Though Its fun when someone comes with his own stock and supply chain, affording to drive prices down into oblivion just to ■■■■ someone elses low margins.

send me your stuff.