Devblog: Updates to Sales Taxes & Brokers Fees

Take a look at this devblog for more information on changes to sales taxes and brokers fees that are coming to New Eden soon!

Read all about it here.

11 Likes

First, second and third :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One question: Why?

26 Likes

So more people buy at the TTT :wink:

8 Likes

Whats TTT?

3 Likes

if you want a isk sink remove asset safty people will defend structure and ships will die adding this not going much

19 Likes

5 Likes

I would like to thank CCP for helping out the little guy by instituting a Flat Tax. Those are always good, right?

12 Likes

I’m all for increasing isk sinks, but not when it has a direct increase in isk going through player owned markets.

Remove or atleast adjust asset safety if you want more isk sinks.

6 Likes

Hello 0./

So much comedy " our taxes DEFEND NEW EDEN " …….“Sadly even with increased taxes we still cant afford to fuel local scans” terms and conditions may apply always read the small print .

9 Likes

Well that should stop the “mass” unsubs…
Right?

I think its balls personally but then Im not making anything out of it, so yeah.

Basic case of if you are in you win, if not, thems the breaks.

Yaaaaaaas yas yas, get rid of asset safety!
Everyone who doesnt harden the â– â– â– â–  up is dead man walking and will leave for others reasons anyway.
Back to when things meant something!

EDIT: ohwait, there is no removal of asset safety? â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  boring

5 Likes

Onboard with the tax changes, but why buff the skills further? I feel like that’s a 2-steps-forward 1-step-back kind of arrangement…

3 Likes

I would like to know how you plan on handling PLEX sales with this change. Allot of people buy PLEX to get ISK in game and with this tax if a new player was to buy $500 in PLEX to get ISK they would essentially be throwing away $50 in tax. I think this is a major issue and will deter people from buying PLEX for ISK conversion on the market. Another issue I have with this tax is that it is going to kill market trading. Even with max skills people are going to need 20% padding to be able to make a profit. I think this change is going to have strong negative effects on PLEX sales and subscriptions and further deter new players from getting involved in a game with an already extremely low new player retention rate.

29 Likes

Asset safety is an isk sink, though.

Ships dying actually is an isk faucet because of (default) Insurance.

3 Likes

I, too, would like to know the reasoning. Is this an anti-bot move? A paid-subscription thing? Simply trying to remove ISK from the game?

Seems like it essentially nerfs Alpha traders, and will push more trade to player-owned stations.

I don’t have a particular problem with it, just curious about the intent.

8 Likes

Good changes.

Typical inch/mile rejoinder: consider adding an additional brokers fee for PLEX trading. It should behave like brokers fees do now, except that they cannot be reduced by using a player-owned structure.

The goal of such a change is to make it less profitable to daytrade on PLEX. Players purchasing plex with Real Life Money and dumping them to buys would see no tax, but people putting up buys and non-immediate sells would get hit. An elegant solution for a modern age.

5 Likes

Only one question, why do you make a change which funnels more money in the pockets of the highsec trading cartel (goons, test, panfam)?

You already made it vastly more attractive to be in the cartel with the blackout. Is this your agenda for EvE?

30 Likes

Please, rehire a macro economist. You are in dire need.

62 Likes

You are so wrong.

1 Like