Why does trade have to cough up all the isk sinks?

The answer is very simple: to nudge traders to move to player-owned markets. Remember, the end goal of CCP is to eliminate the NPC stations altogether within a few years.

Holy hell can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth when a market hub like Jita is moved to a POS and it’s literally burnt down?

Glorious.

As a trader, do you expect to make more ISK by trading if they cut the tax?

NPC stations will never be eliminated.
They literally can’t be without killing the game.
Reduced maybe, we don’t need 12 in a single system. But not eliminated.

1 Like

This. Removing NPC stations would quite literally be the end of the game. Massive groups of players would make it their sole goal in the game to destroy everything if only out of bittervetness lol.

That is a really uneducated answer.

A trader who imports from Jita to any nullsec/lowsec alliance or block provides more for destruction than station flipping traders in Jita.

1 Like

I will I learn it I am.

You know what, it’s not even the transaction tax that feels so bad. It’s the ridiculous broker fee you pay in npc stations. Even without any transfer of goods taking place whatsoever you already pay more than 3%. A market order isn’t even a physical thing, it’s just communicating to people you want to buy/sell something.

Yeah yeah, citadels, bla bla bla.

1 Like

Broker fee change was made to stop the super rich plex walling. For many years a small % of players have focused on only plex.

They artificially raised the price by setting fake buy orders using margin trading. They’d follapse if they were ever sold to but there was no way of telling where the real floor was.

Now due to the new min npc broker fee it has become extremely expensive to maintain.

1 Like

This whole thread exists on a false premise.

Taxes and brokers fees will be the biggest sinks because they DO NOT go to a consumer in the economy.

In real world this is called a Seniorage tax.

Every other expense goes to another player and so is not a sink.

seigniorage tax

And when people ask me why I am a reclusive, misanthropic hermit I point them to a certain poster in this thread.

Do you point them to me? I dont know what you’re saying

I’m a trader. I sit in a citadel, paying 0.5% Broker fee and 2.8% Sales tax. That’s less than most other people pay because people usually don’t skill Accounting. Everyone is getting milked out of his ISK and traders less than most. We might be buying and selling more than others, but us dedicated traders usually get the most out of our trades.

4 Likes

This one is odd. I know some take trading more serious, but just about everyone if not every player in the game deals with trade. There for has to deal with the isk sink of it.

This is kinda like a mission runner complaining about paying for ammo.

2 Likes

Nope. Not you.

Correct. Taxes are always paid by the customer. Fees and Taxes never hit the traders and always the customers. I’m not aware of the reason the OP is upset about traders having to “cough up all the isk sinks” when it’s always the customers who are going to be suffering from higher trading related taxes.

2 Likes

First off, take these kind of posts to Market Discussion, which no one reads.

Second off, if you can’t figure this out on your own, what in gods name makes you think you can just post your garbage question here?

I actually updated the OP because with traders I meant everyone making transactions on the market, not just dedicated traders.

You know what, just trash this thread. The real issue is disproportionate broker fees, not the transaction fees.

They’re not disproportionate, though. They’re according to the needs of the money supply. If there was a problem with balance, CCP would be correcting it. As they’re not, with their goal being to remove more ISK from the economy, there’s nothing disproportionate about it.

This raises the question: Why do you believe it’s disproportionate?

We need more trade sinks, and MORE SINKS IN GENERAL. The more sinks, the better in my eyes.