Yeah, so most people don’t have that problem. Did you read my suggestion on how to stop that from happening?
You know, you guys are kind of bad at this right? I’m serious, I could make better arguments for why to get rid of the relist fees. In fact, you guys just chill, I’ll argue against myself.
Shipwreck Jones 1: The relist fee stops the 1 isk war.
- Shipwreck Jones 2: And why is that a good thing?
SJ1: Because it means that you don’t have to be constantly updating orders in order to be a competitive industrialist or trader.
- SJ2: So what you’re saying, is that the rule helps casuals to compete. I didn’t realize that you’re actually for the casualization of Eve.
SJ1: That’s not what I said, and don’t put words in my mouth. The 1 isk war wasn’t fun game play, and the game is better off without it.
- SJ2: Not fun for you doesn’t mean that other people didn’t enjoy doing it. Plus, you didn’t have to engage in the 1 isk war in order to be a successful trader or industrialist. No one is forcing anyone to sell out of Jita. You could sell and trade out of smaller trade hubs where most people don’t do the isk war. But people wanted to play with the big boys without having to put in the work.
SJ1: Well, what about market bots?
- SJ2: Good point. Why can’t CCP improve their bot detection methods so that they can ban market bots, instead of punishing the hard core traders.
SJ1: Well, even if CCP got rid of all bots, there’s still the issue of perceptions of botting. I know for a fact that people assume that those that constantly update their orders are using market bots because people used to message me to ask me if I was a bot.
- SJ2: Oh, so we should nerf play styles and make design decisions based on conspiracy theories and ignorance now? Don’t you sometimes get accused of botting for no other reason that you multi-box? I guess we should ban multi-boxing now, lest some idiots think you’re a bot.
- SJ2: Well? Cat got your tongue?
SJ1: No, I just… well… I…
Good god. You won Liz Lemon. Pro-relist fee Shipwreck made a mistake, and Anti-relist fee Shipwreck pounced. Someone at CCP, we need to roll back the change.