Why not remove the ability to pay for your accounts with PLEX?

Agree, if CCP was serious about eliminating bitters that exactly what would need to happen, no more plexing

The point (you missed) was that PLEX drop rates are pretty terrible. And if the PLEX doesn’t drop, then that’s cash money evaporating into CCP’s pocket. At least if it drops, and someone eventually uses it for Injectors or Omega or whatever, then that cash money went towards something. When the Loot Fairy runs off with the PLEX, that cash money went towards nothing.

1 Like

I wasn’t knocking what you were saying really. I agree that it plays a role to keep it going, I just don’t think it played a role in it’s implementation.

I agree. The only thing I don’t is that we need fewer plex currency items. PLEX needs to be sub-only. Everything else really should be cash-only or isk, either market or direct sink.

Again I agree, I just pointed out at the end that bots aren’t truely effected by plex prices. But that they play a direct role in it’s increase; from pumping isk into the game to it’s consumption. IE - cheap plex means botters can sell isk cheaper than what plex will net a person, thereby increasing bot use.
However, my entire post ignores bots entirely except that last mention. It is quite honestly a separate issue that CCP must take action on. They need to step down hard on botting, which will demand a change in game mechanics to require more accurate apm, not just higher apm, out of both players and bots alike so the actual bots can be more easily detected and banned. Remember, no matter how random a bot may seem, it will have unmistakable patterns form over time, even those created by an individual and not shared. But again, it’s a separate issue than the one being discussed which is how to take pressure off the plex market while maintaining or increase CCP profits and creating possible isk sinks in the process.

I wonder how many players think like me on the issue of PLEX. I don’t use it, don’t need it, don’t care what its price is. PLEX is irrelevant to my playstyle.

Because we dont want to kill the game…
Me thinks EVE is a bit too advanced for you, if you cant understand this.

Your suggestion WOULD kill Eve online as a game entirely and quickly. Theres nothing else that such a huge change would do and for so many reasons.

It was a godsend for me when I played back in the day - I was pretty busy with work so didn’t have a lot of time (or inclination to use my free time) for grinding but had a fairly reasonable income to fund buying PLEX to get ISK.

I simply objected to your wrong claim about tons of plexes getting blown up. That has been a thing in the past, but isn’t in the present. You made it sound like it is, which isn’t accurate.

I’m not saying you’re wrong in regards to PLEX being blown up being a good thing for CCP, but things don’t add up. If they benefit from exploded plex so much, why did they implement a feature that makes people transporting plex a rare occasion at best?

… I guess the answer is that they knew all the dumb people they’re attracting would be flooding the forums/reddit/support with their tears.

Aurum was scraped because they wanted people to use plex in the store.

You make good points but it aint gonna happen.

There are 7.7 billion potential newfodders on Earth; it is a sound plan that has worked so far and the fear of running out of newfodder doesn’t seem to be an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.