Wine 3.0

(Anderson Geten) #1

https://www.winehq.org/news/2018011801

wine 3.0 is out.

I guess it will have a lots of bugs at first. :smiley:

(Samwise Dagordae) #2

It works for me, but only with DX9.

DX11 I get as far as seeing my ship enter the hangar before it crashes. It’s probably a mesa issue, though.

i965: Failed to submit batchbuffer: Input/output error

(g0nz028) #3

I tried it with the 64 bit prefix and enabled d3dx11 in winetricks. Further disabled directx9 in eve launcher settings. Game starts but I have a black screen. except I can fly around and I see the hud.

directx 9 mode works fine with the new version.

My system runs with linux mint 18 xfce and nvidia-384.111 (prop. driver). Not sure if I have to enable some more things in winetricks.

(elitatwo) #4

Yeay!!! Same here just with an AMD RX 480 and wine 3.0 staging. But somehow the client still doesn’t recognize the dx11 thing.

(Anderson Geten) #5

been using dx11 for a year now and had no issue.

AT FIRSt it was buggy, then it was laggy, now it’s just a bit more CPU intensive. I run in potato mode all the time, otherwise cops come to tell me to stop the noise from my comp taking off. (I’m barely exagerating here - but I launch three accounts at the time)

(g0nz028) #6

@elitatwo
have you tried turning dx9 off in the launcher settings?

(elitatwo) #7

Oh yes they have been off for a while now. But the monitor in client still shows dx9 (the CTRL+f one).

(Leigh Summers) #8

Tried it yesterday, and it worked! Wine 3.0 vanilla, nvidia gtx 1070 with the latest drivers. Compared to dx9, I got decreased fps (30 vs 70 with max settings and 4k res) and some minor graphical artifacts. Otherwise it’s good to go.

(Hey Youguyz) #9

Works fine for me (GTX 1060) but only with DX9. With DX11 I still get the same bugs I had before: That awful sun flare flickering, and anti-aliasing turns the whole screen black.

(Anderson Geten) #10

I tried to make it run with

apt remove winehq-staging
apt autoremove
apt install winehq-stable

I had a broken pipe but running apt install worked.

Then I have segfaults when running Eve.

went back to 2.x

(elitatwo) #11

Give it a little time and wait for wine 3.01 or 02.

(Ima Wreckyou) #12

The 3.0 release is not really a big jump in changes if you used one of the recent 2.x releases. Only if you used the last stable 2.0 and I doubt EVE was even running with that.

(system) #13

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.