Winter Q&A Livestream - December 16

CCP has taken the game I loved and I could play for days on end and turned it not into life sucking boaring hole and waste of time and money. I joined with the expectation to be in a capital all the time. to build capitals all the time and trade amung the stars. To grow my wealth and share it with my corpmates to grow experiences and good times. To kill or be killed. To get kitted from 100km to get pipebombed. To do what I want when I want in a galaxy free and open. What it has become is like most other games out there today. You pay to play pay to get the good skins and pay to have in-game currency. There is no way to maintain the Plex income needed to play for the sub each month from the basic ways of play like High-Sec mining or mission running like there was in the past. They multi teared the capital production so many times that getting a capital out of production to my alliance has gone from a one every three days to supply loses to maybe one a month if I’m lucky and I have the support of 120 members. It’s not the fact of ore not being there it’s the multi tear shananagins of CCP. Like who puts a dependency on wormholes it’s silly and stupid all at the same time. The splitting of ores away from the one home become dependant and grow your ideas to. Go everywhere make yourself visible and get ■■■■■■ doesn’t help people that are trying to make a bond and a home for others. I wish you guys the best and will relook at the game in a year. Way to lose focus and great leadership from across all walks of the game…

1 Like

Wish CCP would fix the D-Scan ‘Distance’ ordering. All the ships @ distance - should be at the bottom. The same problem occurs with objects that are AU distances away. The ordering doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

When I’m d-scanning, the most important ships I want to know about are the ones that are not on grid. I want them at the top.

Well, I’d like to address some of your “questions.”

Funny you say that, because I wouldn’t use ORE miners if someone gave them to me for free, and I think T2 strip miners with T2 Type B Crystals is the clear choice for me and my circumstances. Perhaps the issue is not that the mechanics don’t present players with meaningful choices, but the false assumption that everyone will chose exactly as you would.

Wow, you’re just full of expert analysis. Perfect boosts from an Orca increases yields by 80%, and you can fit like 500k EHP before implants and heat. I dunno, maybe you should figure out how to safely and effectively use tools before you declare them “completely unusable”.

Um, I think you need to look up the meaning of “literally.” Also, you do understand that they’re trying to make capitals to be worth their costs, right?

Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose.

Well, they had an in-game popup and an agency entry. Plus, this is a returning event, and, as usual, there are already tons of blog posts, threads, and videos about this live event. Not sure what more you want. Do you want me to take you by the hand and lead you to the content?

lol. god damn, you are just like the epitome of terrible bitter-vet analysis and feedback. So, I love the ■■■■ out my marauders -isk printer go brrrrrrrr. Second, I guess people spam citadels everywhere because they love building/buying/protecting/fueling worthless stuff.

Meh, I don’t really feel qualified to discuss the matter other than to say, please do the exact opposite of whatever Placeholder Platypus recommends.

First, I’ve heard players say that they like it. Second, MMO’s have churn, and new player acquisition and retention benefits vets by ensuring that our PvP-centric MMO gets fed a constant stream of new players to replace the ones leaving. Third, just because a dev tries to increase new player acquisition and retention, that doesn’t mean that they want their vets to leave.

So much to unpack here. First, you should look up how supply and demand works. Second, botters are not fine. Third, the DBS and ESS are great. The problem is that there are a bunch of nullbear evolutionary holdout’s crying because their deprecated strats are no longer as effective as they used to be.

Yeah, it’s funny how that works out. Seems like the angrier a player is, the less I agree with their opinions and analysis.

Anyway, I look forward to your calm and measured response.

3 Likes

This is a PvP sandbox, not a themepark MMO. New toys are nice, but, IMHO, they are not what makes this game worth playing.

I dunno, but it seems like we have some different values and priorities.

1 Like

CCP Rattati, please use your own account.

Why, are you one of those math-averse people?

Just don’t be seen using them in nullsec. Our alliance policy is that if you come with that for any alliance ops like moons or stuff, that’s instant kick.

Perhaps the issue is that there’s one choice, and a lot of compromises of varied horribleness.

And dies to the first capital NPC spawn it meets, way before it got profitable compared to a Porpoise, making it definitely 100% certified useless, unless your goal is to lose a lot of ISK fast.

No, you can’t. Not even 400k EHP. And even if you could, that will only mean you die slower, because capital rats have a point. Some “expert analyst” you are…

There was one way to use Orca safely and effectively: inertia stabilizers plus mwd build with gtfo being the only reasonable defense option. This is no longer an option, thus there’s no more ways to use Orca, thus Orca is useless.
You can pretend to know a way all you want, we all know there’s none. CCP’s anti-midas touch has done its job, Orca is the past tense ship.

I know the definition of literally, and it fits. I have been building caps before the change. I have not been able to build a single one after. It’s simply no longer possible.
And if they want to make capitals to be worth their cost, the answer is to start with worth, then do the cost thing, not do the cost thing and then nothing for over a year, because that is clearly missing the “trying” part.

In current eve, this means “don’t fly anything bigger than a battlecruiser”. But since your comment is completely irrelevant to the question, I’m leaving it at that.

Thanks for confirming there is no content. Another fake event it is.

Marauders are currently useless af, as expected from CCP anti-midas touch. it’s not like ratting even exists thanks to DBM/ESS disaster, and the only ones that rat - bots - don’t use marauders.
Citadel spam stopped dead at about blackout, when CCP made everyone realize the time would not allow anything bigger than absolute minimum infrastructure. I still can’t forgive them for not even giving us time to remove all our citadels in advance, so we just had to keep most of it off, since there was no way to do anything in space, and could only remove 80% of our citadels when it ended.

Great way to fail. Won’t stop you.

People who come from some other cash grab game would probably love it.

Retention of whales is harmful to everyone else.

Unless they do. And PCU graph shows them suffering from great success.

First, you should look up how CCP manipulates PLEX market at will.

Botters absolutely love DBM and ESS. It made bots 100% outcompete the players. Now you either bot, or you plex, or you die, because the tremendous game-destroying stupid blunder that is ESS and DBM don’t leave any other choice.

Yeah, CCP has constantly increased costs of living in nullsec, and we kept losing people who fell off the cliff, so eventually all that could afford it was people with at least half dozen ISK making alts, and nobody else. Then CCP removed ratting by introducing DBM/ESS system that effectively curbed human ratting to zero, and skyrocketed botting into the only viable strat, and removed mining to ensure that players would not be able to keep up with bots by switching to mining either.

The more sense the player makes, the less you agree with him. Guess why.

Is there “BLOCK STUPID” button on this forum? Because I feel like the thread’s average IQ is getting rekt by your presence.
Anyway, since you’re apparently wrong on every answer, there’s no reason to reply to you anymore.

4 Likes

I think the need for the extra EHP is that the ships are now actually able to survive against NPC’s in low and null. The consequences for HS is something they did not really pay much attention to.

#BATTLEPROCGALACTICA

lol

This is 500k EHP

[Orca, 500k EPH]
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Large Transverse Bulkhead II

Fine, you can, with zero mobility and align time of a brick, and no mining augmentors to add…
However, that only means extra seconds of dying against capital NPC spawns.
You’d have to keep a dread with capital guns on field to have a chance at killing NPC dread before it kills Orca.

Throw it into the “little things” thread, and make sure to follow the template.

they simply said when they pay to play a game they only continue to play if they’re getting enjoyment out of it.

the inference with their analogy was likely pointing out how the more complex the game becomes and as it increases in becoming more systemic it loses that enjoyment factor, where by it would de-incentivise the person from continuing to pay for the game.

Highly useful fit. Can’t do anything other than have 500k ehp that will not prevent it from dying to capital NPC spawn.

This “solution” is almost as brilliant as CCP introducing feature “your ship has a x% chance to explode on undocking”. What fun and excitement that would bring to the proceedings…

4 Likes

Complexity in a game is a good thing, to a degree. What CCP is doing is not complexity but tedium. Those might look similar from far away but there is a good reason why we have two different words for it. Getting water for building caps is not complicated but it is tedious to the n:th degree. Industry was already tedious to begin with and now it’s at the level that you have to be truly insane to bother with it.

It might not be as bad if CCP had actually offered mechanics in game to work together and split up effort (no, market is not the solution, as the cost of that many transactions would increase the already ridiculous prices).

It is obvious to anyone who cares to think about it that CCPs goal here is to increase the number of alts people need in order to improve their income. Sadly, they are making a tiny mistake in their god like logic. Playing eve is not a necessity for survival. While Amazon and co can abuse people to no end due to some kind of income for food and shelter actually being a necessity, same kind of abuse by CCP results only in people leaving the game.

5 Likes

Question 1: As a veteran player playing eve for better part of two decades on and off, I find it is worthless and boring for me to play the game, and I can no longer afford a sub I am stuck free to play. And considering my current skills a better name for it is free to be nerfed because not only is my hard work taken, I can’t progress any longer. When will CCP divest eve of this two tier system which punishes veterans and new players for playing for free. And don’t get me started on Plex which is so overpriced no alpha clone can hope to buy it or if they somehow managed it, it was because of pure boring grind work rather than playing for fun. Because all the decent ships that might afford a reasonable isk per hour are locked behind skills alpha clones can’t even get.

Question 2: when you speak of diversified mining does this mean we’ll actually get more mining ships and larger hull mining ships than exhumers, that aren’t capital class?

Question 3: will there be a smaller upwell base structure for the various categories(cit, admin, industry, science) something that isn’t a mini deployable but not as big as a citadel etc.

Question 4: high sec upwell stargates when?

why should you stay (semi)isk positive?

3 Likes

Okay, I’m not an expert on NS rats, but according to the listed damage on cruckers, you can get 5+ minutes worth of buffer tank against a faction dread with just a T2 tank, no heat, no implants, and without creating any glaring resist holes. That should be more than enough time to turn off the industrial core (which has remote assistance impedance), and get reps to it. And that will definitely give you enough time to form a response fleet.

Of course, mileage will vary depending on scythe pilot skills, what size reps it has fit, orca resist profile and EHP, and the dread spawn DPS and damage profile, but it’s possible for an orca to permatank a dread spawn with just the reps from 2 cheap fit scythes (which can fit in your fleet hangar) -well assuming my numbers are right.

Anyway, I won’t be surprised if you get defensive, or think I’m being condescending. But I mean this in the least judgemental and most friendly way possible -I think your attitude is holding you back. You are so focused on the negative, and so problem oriented, that not only can you not see solutions, but you hand wave possible solutions away.

Let me put it this way, even after I said that I love my marauders, you still insisted that they were “useless AF.” Even after I said you can easily get 500k tank on an orca, you said nope. Even after someone showed you a fit, you said it didn’t matter.

Everything is broken, worthless, or impossible with you. And anyone who says otherwise is stupid or a dev alt.

I don’t think the problem is with the game. I think it’s with your attitude.

But, I think I’m going to go argue with some other people for a while. Later gator.

4 Likes

Will you guys please address the changes made the in surgical strike patch? (And buy that I mean removing everything you did) They are broadly hated and make nothing but kiting gameplay viable.

I don’t understand how you can release a patch called brawlers paradise and in that very patch destroy the viability of brawling gameplay.

3 Likes

use cloack… the indy core is practicly usless so just fit cloack and keep your distance from everybody. Boosts does not disable cloack

But, that has nothing to do with the first post i replied to.

Here:

No ‘analogy’. Not mentioning ‘complexity’, just ‘nerfs’ and ‘charging for access’ (which they’d still be doing if it wasn’t nerfs)…

You’re telling me that I’ve misunderstood the post, and then talk about how you infer that it is likely about things that aren’t even remotely related to the words in the post.

Come on man…all you need to do is read back the thread before knee jerking. That’s all i ask.