Working on my Astero Fitting

Just look through your kill history

this was it so that was a ghost site - you probably opened the hacking window then moved too far away and canceled the action, resulting in a fail - when you fail those cans they explode and you die.

In wormholes, go only for the exploration sites that have a pirate faction name (guristas, sansha, blood raiders, serpentis, angels, etc. ) but do NOT contain the words “research facility”.

1 Like

You can find ghost sites in all areas of space–high, low, null, and WH. I actually like doing them if I’m in a cheap ship because if you get in and hack the right one you can get a TON of loot, but they’re extremely risky for the reasons mentioned above.

@Horza_Tareem I’m not aware that having both scanners fit affects your scan time. Are you talking about just skipping the Data Analyzer because Relic Sites are more lucrative?

I usually still run Data Sites, but it’s true that Relic Sites tend to have much more valuable loot. I usually skip Blood Raider and Angel Data Sites though.

affects you scan time in the sense that you can fit a scanning upgrade in that place.

Just carry a mobile depot and refit between relic/data analyzer once you get the area scanned down.
Or fit them both but tbh, I’d rather scan all > run all the relic sites > refit to data > run whatever data sites remain

1 Like

In WH Relic sites I find many defended by NPC’s. I have been warping to ones not defended for fear I cannot handle them. I have drones but the numbers are not in my drones favor. Is there another method to defeating them.

Indeeeed. My scan strength and time are pretty boosted so I don’t need the extra modules, but can totally understand why someone would want them.

I’ve been thinking about loading up my mobile depots so I can run standard and superior sleeper caches, but they look so dangerous!

I don’t like to scan down all the sites at once. If I find a pirate relic/data site I go right away, because any time I take scanning down other signatures is time another person could come into the system and scoop the loot out from under me. Once I know I’ve cleared all the loot sites, I do scan down all remaining WHs so I can easily warp between them to see where they go.

BTW: Did you get the name Horza from Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks? Because if so, AWESOME. I saw a guy the other day with the name Skaffen-Amitskaw and I was stoked.

yup, origin of the name is spot on :slight_smile:
I also name my ships that way so if you get ganked by an astero called Prosthetic Conscience or the likes, know it was probably mine

boosting your scanning skills further gets you to some breakpoints in deviation and scan strength (coupled with some implants) which suddenly allow you to scan 8au-2au and get almost all those sites in 2 passes.

1 Like

what do you mean by “slow boat?” should I be lighting my AB from can to can? Won’t that announce my presence to the system if they are looking?

So the trick is when you get on grid with the cans but before you land you make a bookmark. It will save a spot thats on grid but far enough you can warp back to. So ideally you warp to that spot, warp to a can and hack it then warp back to your bookmark, then to your next can etc

Edit: typos

1 Like

Oh snap! useful tip! o7

I have only limited experience with WHs, but all of them i entered contained only heavily guarded relic or data sites, like Forgotten Perimeter … or UNsecured Frontier …
I usually saw several cruisers and frigates and never dared to uncloak.

Is it really possible to fight those guards in an Astero?
If not in an Astero, which ship should i use then, because if one requirement is high probe strength and the other requirement is covops ability then i only see the Stratios and upwards.
Or do i miss something?

Edit: replaced “cloaking” by “covops”

In C 1-3 WHs pirate data and relic sites will show up. They are easy thus they are run often so you may just be unlucky and miss them or are not in those class of systems.

The sleeper Relic and data sites are basically combat sites with things to hack once cleared.

In general they scale as being slightly harder than the WH class anoms. So for example a C1 data site will have slightly more DPS than a C1 anom.

Skip those and focus on the pirate relic and data sites, usually “sansha”, “serpentis”, … in their name. There is good money to be made in relatively cheap ships.

2 Likes

Yes, i see it now: there are two categories of relic/ data sites in WHs: one guarded by sleepers, which i don’t think i could handle with an Astero, and the pirate sites, which are unguarded.
THank you all.

So you are the bugger who took the name i wanted lol

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.