Working on my Astero Fitting

Fitting for WH and Low - Null sec.

Thoughts and options, keep it basic and whys are good…

[Astero, ******TVC15-EP]
Damage Control I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Data Analyzer II
Relic Analyzer I
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

1. A single warp core stab does nothing. Someone tackling you while hacking is likely to scram you with 2 or more scram strength or scram and bubble.
  2. Fight or flight. If you are never going to fight you should drop all tank modifications (rigs and lowslots). Fit instead stabs and nanofibers and scanning rigs.
  3. Midslots are basically fine but if you are still training for the fitting, train relic V first, relic sites are much more valuable in general.

Good luck out there.

6 Likes

Warp core stabs arnt the best, my cloaky hunter has 2 faction scrams, even if you filled your lows with stabs your still not going anywhere. Focus more on not getting caught in the first place by being faster at aligning and making sure you dont slow boat from can to can in data/relic sites.

Fitting of an exploration Astero was discussed many times on this forum in past. If you dig into the forum a little bit, then you will find multiple valid fits.

To keep it short. The above fit is borderline between trash and very bad.

The 3 selected rigs provide negligible benefit on this particular fit, in form of little extra passive shield tank. At the same time they also increase your sig radius. You can use stronger options for rigging.

Low slots do many different things, yet nothing really properly.
Combination of shield tank in rigs and pieces of armor tank in lows is suboptimal.

Sisters core probe launcher in combination with “Damage Control I” or “Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I” looks weird.

Lastly, there is no reason not to use “Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive” instead of the “Compact” version. You will have smaller signature under MWD and also will have better capacitor pool. Compact one only if you need it for fitting purposes. If you can fit 1 of the 2 other types, do so.

1 Like

[Astero, Cheap Explo]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
200mm Steel Plates II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Data Analyzer II
Scan Pinpointing Array II
Scan Rangefinding Array II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Salvage Drone I x5

Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Pinpointing AP-606
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Acquisition AQ-706
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Archaeology AC-905
Poteque ‘Prospector’ Environmental Analysis EY-1005

‘Yurt’ Mobile Depot x1
Relic Analyzer II x1

This is what I use with some variations.
Things that can catch you are bombers, smartbombers and interdictors but there’s really not much to do about those anyways.

The interdictors you can usually outrun and throw the ec-300 in their face - same goes with the bombers (you would have enough to tank them for about 30-40sec.

For the regular hunters just align and warp - it should align under 2 sec. If you skills don’t take you under 2 sec, replace the plate with a damage control.

And just pay very close attention to your overview - see something there, just warp immediately off and cloak.

Of course, t1 what can be t1-ed, feel free to drop the implants at start, as you lose your first ones, use the depot to refit for data/relic.

1 Like

Ok thx for the response, question and comments

Question why 10 hornets and not a variation of 5’s

Comments I am still training fro relic ll, another few days will complete Arch V, so i ahve fitted for High Sec practice with Astero, I recently lost my Heron now is the time to leap into Astero, here is how i fitted it

[Astero, ********TVC15-EP HS]
200mm Steel Plates II

Data Analyzer II
Relic Analyzer I
5MN Microwarpdrive II
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I

Hornet EC-300 x10

I would say still that fitting one of the analyzers at a time will have you scan stuff faster but if you keep to hs shouldnt matter.

ec-300 just have as many as those because you usually leave them there with your ganker :slight_smile:
you will not fight absolutely anything in this ship - it’s designed to flee as best as possible.

make sure your ship aligns under 2 seconds with the microwarpdrive off, otherwise remove the plate and put a damage control.

Ok again thx, how do I check my align time in dock, can it be seen on a diplay, I looked but couldn’t find it.

If i want to expand this fit, or my plan was a 2nd fit, to attack other explorers do you have a fit and theory behind it.

Thanks

EP

check the fitting window under the “navigation” box for the align time.

for ganking I would start with the most basic - feel free to use two scrams instead of web/scram just because a lot of people fit a lot of stabilizers.

[Astero, Basic Hunt]

Small Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II

Warp Scrambler II
1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Core Probe Launcher I

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Caldari Navy Hornet x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Thanks a ton, there is so much and so much variation out there its simply boggling to the point of making one immobile. I will try this fit out and see how it goes.

You have a Core Probe Launcher what do you load into it…

Probes.

Core Scanner Probes or their Sisters variants. The latter isn’t that big an investment.

for scanning only, T2 cov ops are as goog as Asteros but cheaper
try to fit a point on you astero and begin to kill some T1/T2 scanning frig.
wellcome to Eve ^^

Mine is something like that :

High slot
cloak
probe

Med slot
long point
web
relic
mwd

low slot and rigs are tank (SAAR + small plate)

in cargo :
mobile depot
data analyser
nanites
spares probes

this ship is 2 years old and have 15 kill marks.
sometime used as bait in relic : get out of the scramb range asap, land your point on the T3c trying to kill you, take care of rapid light or loki’s webs, see your firends landing.

Align time right at 2 seconds

Lesson learned I guess, took my Astero out, got killed in 0.5 by NPC, thought i was in 0.5, nothing around on Dscan, didn’t deploy my drones on Data Site, dead before i knew what was going on, always deploy drones…

You were in a Ghost Site. These are special hacking sites that explode the cans if you fail a hack, and after some minutes NPC ships appear and attack you. Stick to normal data/relic sites until you get more comfortable and fast at hacking.

Didn’t fail a hack, just opened the hack window and boom, dead…

Did better today, went to 0.5, sanned down wormhole, entered, dscanned and cloaked up, scanned down one relic site, no one in local, dcan clear, warped to site, deployed drones (5), hacked the objects, failed a couple objects, wont finish Arch V for a few more days, finished up and warped out…

You don’t need to actually fail the hacking game to fail the hack, if your ship moved more than 6km from the can after you open the hack window it will consider a fail and explode. It also explodes a couple of minutes after you enter the ghost site.

At this point its still and will remain a mystery. Not sure if its even possible to go back and find out why one died, it would sure help to know if its a skill, tactic or fitting failure.