Wow, when did EVE become pay-to-win?

EVE is not Pay to Win, as many bears have discovered you can Pay To Lose :rofl:

4 Likes

Ah, it was so close, until you made the most common lazy typo…

Now that’s a good burn.

I’d add that “you can’t buy skill”

2 Likes

You could always take this shortcut by buying entire characters. Sure, during the first few years, no one had high-SP characters, but three years in, that was no longer a barrier to skipping ahead.

???

Care to elaborate? The racial ship bonuses might have been adjusted, but generally still follow the same patterns as they did in the beginning. Minmatar still have projectile turret bonuses, etc.

It sounds like something from the very early days, where only Minmatar could fly Minmatar ships. Ancient history - he might as well complain about sec status only going up to 5 now, instead of 10.

4 Likes

I thought that was something that didn’t even make it past the beta? My mind can’t even remember that far back - I was like 2 years old back then.

You know how those Beta players are - “everything was better before the launch.”

Although, he is right about one thing - it wasn’t Pay-To-Win when it was in Beta testing.

1 Like

For some it is all they have to feel good in RL, be kind and don’t take that away.

What effort?
Unless you’re talking about alarm clocking.

Then I’m just going to point and laugh at you for being pathetic.

5 Likes

Shown by the officer filled loot pinatas on eve killboard you can buy it but can you fly it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just because you have isk doesnt mean you know the mechanics. Also alpha bros can ruin any vets day if they have a basic grasp of mechanics.

3 Likes

Especially if it is several alpha bros at one time.

4 Likes

i dont like to brag so ill show this kills by a guy who is totally not me
he is from a unknown corp and killed 2 t3 destroyers (hecate) ,70 mil each, 2 vs 1 ,using a simple omen t1 cruiser( 47 mil fitted ), inside a medium plex in siseide
what a great man this guy is, and he is totally not me
it almost proof that eve is not pay to win with few screenshots

1 Like

All of what you said comes across to me as a you problem, not an EVE Online problem. Not sorry your feelings were hurt because you felt the need to be superior over other players just because you paid more in a subscription time.

2 Likes

It was totally you.

1 Like

2 Likes

Are you talking about filaments the coolest thing since POSes?

Thanks for reminding me when the time comes and I can pilot a confidently skilled Loki I need to call it the “Whaler”.

Since the day they introduced PLEX, circa, 2009?

Yes, I just read the title

In many cases it is “Pay to Lose” so it balances out I imagine

1 Like

Before that, people were selling timecodes for isk. Nothing’s really changed, they’ve just streamlined the process slightly.

1 Like

They don’t teach the skill of flying the ships at injector college, so it’s all good

1 Like