Wow, when did EVE become pay-to-win?

null people are the worst people
0% autodetermination
i have a irl friend stuck in a alliance , he cant even be on chat with his friends, he log of to be with us on discord
what a looser

You could help him have more fun in EVE and as the OP says: give him some cash so that he can be with the coolkids in the coolships :yum:

i have 0 cash, but i can be with my friends on discord and no one spy on me using the api
bunch of babies

1 Like

Odd that people would assume that someone who is only playing the free trial of a subscription-based game isnā€™t particularly dedicated.

2 Likes

@TeachMyAss could be a veteran player that stopped playing EVE before the P2W model got implemented so please donā€™t be too quick to judge there. Your assumptions could be wrong & it is a variant on the donā€™t be poor-trope imo.

2 Likes

ms @Destiny_Corrupted you can spy on me any time you want :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

2 Likes

Iā€¦Iā€™m a boyā€¦I thinkā€¦? :confused:

Is it any less of a disappointment if I say Iā€™m a really cute one?

Wait, youā€™re a middle-aged BR dude chasing me around an MMO? Oh god, this is like 2015 all over againā€¦

3 Likes

i dont think you are a boy ā€¦
butā€¦
no problem , im geiā€¦ i thinkā€¦? :confused:

looks fun . if any time you feel nostalgic about it ,convo me :smiley:

edit: if you are over the Age of consent ofc

2 Likes

This is literally the first time in my life that I donā€™t know how to respond to a forum post.

4 Likes

about the boy thing? you know to much about fashion ā€¦
but
im feeling kinda uncomfortable to
i was joking ms @Destiny_Corrupted
dont want to pass like Iā€™m a creepooo
let end this thing here

No, Iā€™m not angry or upset anything!

Just that out of all the things Iā€™ve ever been in EVE, I never imagined Iā€™d become a trap, too. Itā€™s like unlocking some kind of weird achievement. I mean, Iā€™ve done it for infiltrations and such, sure, but this is my mainā€¦soā€¦ :man_shrugging:

:heart:

2 Likes

lol ok i believe in you :heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Now I finally remembered what you reminded me of:

Calling you Professor Oak from now on.

1 Like

@tutucox_Khamsi

Pst, hey ā€¦ I think she digs you, but sheā€™s a bit shy about it.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how is this different from the old days? Or have you just forgotten about selling time codes and buying characters?

1 Like

I thought Eve was Pay to Spin (the ship)

2 Likes

wait, eve isnā€™t subscription based chat emulator? D:

jokes aside,

Thatā€™s the most classic definition of P2W on the internet, and does not apply at all in EvE - everything, including omega status, can be obtained through normal gameplayā€¦

Thatā€™s newer influenceto popular definition, with the rise of games that were sliding in the original one with ā€œbut you can obtain these things in game without paying lolā€ but with the grind attached to it being insane to the point no one is going to realistically get it this way.

And now, the only way i could see that one somehow applicable by any stretch of imagination to eve, is omega status. If You are beginner player, and are learning the gropes of the game, You may get the feeling that earning that isk to plex your account would require insane amount of gametime daily to pull off. In this case eve could feel a bit p2w-ish and that only started to be the case with alpha clones because before that if you couldnā€™t afford sub, you wouldnā€™t play at all.

That being said once You educate yourself on how to make isk more efficiently, you will not only have no issue plexing your omega account, you will also in the longrun swim in the isks way beyond that. Meanwhile someone who is just paying the sub with irl will never be forced to learn these things and will struggle with replacing the losses. So who has the ultimate advantage in there?

1 Like

Wow, when did EVE become pay-to-win?

Either never - or always.

Never, because you canā€™t really WIN in EvE other than by having fun,

On the other hand, if you set goals and want to accomplish them as your own personal score for ā€˜winningā€™, then the more resources you put into accomplishing those goals, the more likely you will actually achieve them. You will need to pay with some combination of time, effort, and currency.

ā€“Gadget always wins

I would say that Omega status is outside of any ā€œP2Wā€ considerations, because itā€™s a requirement of the game. You simply canā€™t play without it, just like you canā€™t play without a sub in WoW (last time I checked, you got level-capped and couldnā€™t engage in any current tier content). CCP just does a very bad job of conveying the fact that Alpha status is essentially a trial version of the game.

The issue is likely that few of CCPā€™s employees are actual gamers who keep up with the gaming world, and understand the industryā€™s current zeitgeist.