WTF is up with drone aggro?

Or rep them. I’ve enjoyed keeping a RR on my ishtar, just orbit the sentries and rep them as they get targetted. The benefit is I barely needed a tank.

thats funny. repp em when they get aggro

Works quite well with sentries.

Little late to the party, but this is likely because the enemies aren’t actively shooting you when you deploy your drones. Then the drones zoom off and do two things:

• Get closer to the enemies than you
  • Start shooting and generating agro

If the enemies are actively shooting you (red box, as opposed to yellow) then they’re more likely to not swap to your drones. They will still swap, especially Frigates onto Medium and Heavy drones, but it’s more manageable as long as you’re actively paying attention.

This is a bug. If NPCs begin constantly targeting your drones in a weird way, try leaving your ship while out in space and reboarding. This did not work for me, I had to board a corvette and self destruct the ship. Drones immediately went back to normal.

People who have not experienced this bug just assume you are doing things wrong (you aren’t).

Many seem to hate drone ratting and seek to convince people effected by this bug that everything is working as intended. It is not. While afflicted by this bug you cannot simply actively control your drones to avoid them being popped. This bug makes drones completely useless for fighting NPCs.

3 Likes

Yeah I use tech 2 light drones or light faction drones, they rarely get targetted and when they do I withdraw them and wait a while to pop them back out. Problem fixed

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.