It comes with experience of knowing when to call bs. We were communicating back and forward rapid fire and as soon as I sent the ISK it was radio silence for 12 hours. There were signs…
Okay. Seems like I dodged a bullet…
Aren’t scams not allowed in character bazaar and buyer should be able to isk back
Yeah you did. Will be weeks until I see my ISK again. This is the second time I have had this happen now.
Either weeks or months to get support to recover
27 hours in and my ticket has not even been acknowledged yet. The signs I was talking about are things like when they are pricing the toon cheaper than you would expect to see it, very fast to accept the biggest offer, no validation of character transfer post payment and complete radio silence after the ISK is sent. There is nothing really that would genuinely stop you from making the purchase because as human beings we all love a “good deal”. Hell just a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a 230m SP toon for just 120b so not everyone is a bad actor but scams like this are becoming more regular and FC support appear to be unequipped to handle it in a satisfactory timeframe. In saying that though I do understand due diligence is required however in my years of managing large scale global support teams I have learned that communication is key and even just a short note saying “hey we are looking into this one now” can calm even the most disgruntled customer.