Beware: dangerous pirates!

I see where you are coming from, though that video isn’t from a gankers perspective. It’s from Aedaxus’s perspective as the Orca pilot.

A sort of flip side of the encounter is here (though no video):

The scram, web, F1 to pay respects aspect in the video might look boring, but no more or less boring than a lot of other “non-ganker” pvp. If you check my killboard, aside from this one kill, all of my pvp is honorabru lowsec and nullsec based from solo roaming to mainly small gang and large fleets (though they are mainly on an alt):

This engagement was the first one in a couple of years (aside from Alliance Tournament matches) where I actually felt any sort of emotion at all. Whether solo, small gang or large fleet pvp, there is just as much doing nothing in other types of pvp as well, even as an FC at times.

What isn’t shown in the video is what I was doing in parallel on my alt before, during and after this duel. In many respects (and I often duel box logistics for fleets), there was a lot more going on for a longer time than many other engagements.

So I can totally see why it might look boring and I would have probably assessed it just the same before doing it, but the experience was anything but.

5 Likes