Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

AUGUST 16TH PATCH SHADOW-BUFFED THE BURNER AGENTS TO HAVE 30-40% MORE HP!! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

2 Likes

maybe its time for ccp lebowski again.

@CCP_Lebowski
And is this just the agents?
Not team or bases?

1 Like

I can confirm the Angel Cartel Burner Dramiels in both the Agent and Base missions have gotten un-killable. Canā€™t even come close to breaking their tanks. Teams seemed normal. I am on test server now and will try to check a couple others.

1 Like

Im going to try and see how far I can push mass declining. I only run Recon1 and Scarlete and decline every single other non-burner L4, and burner super carrier.

Have great social skills and never come close to -2 agent.

May see how far I can push it with only doing teams and talos/ashimu and probably add back in the Blitz L4s other than Recon/Scarlete that I have been declining like Assault and Cargo and whatever else those I used to blitz are.

If I can float above -2, then just more content ccp nerfed out. Dont need then. Still should be over 200mill/hour.

What Iā€™ve seen so far:

Agents:
Angel: took an extra 20-40s, swapped to my older fit for more tank/cap. My 2 attempts were 1m7s, 1m21s. I have a few ideas to add in some more dps, going to have to try some new fits.
Blood: Took some extra ammo, before I would typically kill it before I got off a rocket reload, now I get a reload and then some
Gurista: didnā€™t notice a change
Sansha: didnā€™t really notice a difference, although I got a very good warp in.
Serpentis: takes pretty much a complete extra clip of rockets with my hawk fit. Probably the most notable change.

Teams: no changes to caldari/amarr, have yet to run gallente/minmatar

Bases: No change to serpentis base. havenā€™t run Blood, Angel, or Gurista bases. have been offered angel base but donā€™t trust my connection enough to try it.

I run pretty much only burners, right hand, Dread pirate, and sometimes the assault. Iā€™ll consider Pirate invasion, stop the thief if Iā€™m on a very long decline streak but donā€™t really run them. Recon depends on where you are, some versions still pay alright, some donā€™t. I dunno what the various versions pay these days.

I had social 3 for a really long time, and honestly that was fine, only recently did it to 5 and it seems like I can decline almost everything non optimal.

2 Likes

Great news - I finally figured out how to break the Angel Cartel Agent! It just takes like, um, 5-6 reloadsā€¦

try my succubus fit, no reloads with lasers :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks - Iā€™ll check it out

can recommend a succubus vs the angel dramiel. the succubus is not very common but does the job well under 30 sec.under normal behaviour.

mine is pimped for over 300 dps. pimp or downgrade for your taste.

[Succubus, burner dramiel]
Heat Sink II
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink

1MN Afterburner II
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Stasis Webifier II
Pithum A-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

used with genolution set.

important thing is to get faster under 60 % web as 839 km

. pimp ab if needed.

its not capstable at all like chainsaw invented but with 30 secs on clock its very bad luck with disco

1 Like

Blood base is exact same so no change to those sentinal rats or the ashimmu.

The teams and Serp/Blood base has been enough for me to decline all L4s but Scarlete, Recon1-3 for several hours.

Not too bad just ignoring the agents.

Use a T2 Onyx fit similar to the old guide one only T2, so not sure how the sentinals and drones work but i would image the same as before since their dps is exact same.

Planning on trying the Burner Talos with twin Deimos at some point soonā€¦ but someone gave me the idea of burning to two separate ones at the start to speed up the site. Not gonna be trying to triplebox it, though. Just dualbox.

Burner Talos Serpentis Base Deimos - Capstable-ish (with implant) and a little Cheaper

Fit assumes max skills. As always, if you donā€™t have them isk can usually fix the problem.

[Deimos, 3BurnerTalos]

Corelum B-Type Energized Thermal Membrane x2*
Corelum B-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane*
Medium Armor Repairer II x2**
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II x2***
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger***
Shadow Serpentis 50MN Microwarpdrive****

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II

Valkyrie II x5*****

Void M

*Thermal and Kinetic resistances should be 95% and 94% respectively - if not these may need to be upgraded (but $$). Compare prices b/t Corelum/Corpum/Centum as they all have the same stats. May also be fixable with Deadspace reps (but, also, $$)

**Start 2nd armor rep when 1st is at mid-cycle before entering. My reps show as 134.9 hp/s.

***DO NOT RUN MWD AND GUNS AT SAME TIME TO KEEP CAP STABLE! Cap stable with 5% Cap Recharge implant (EO-605). Upgrade to all faction cap rechargers and cap stable with EO-603 and long depletion with EO-602.

****Just did some testing and found that Corelum B-Type MWD ($$$) eliminates need for cap implant. C-type cap stable w/ EO-602

*****I never use the drones because they die but if you screw up something they can be launched to divert aggro. I guess maybe I should change them to T1.

Go straight at Burners (while staying 10k+ from proximity guns) and melt face. I start to the left and go clockwise around minefield (gunfield?). When you have a straight shot at Burner set Keep At Range to 5k. Whenever you will be within 12k or less of Burner by the END of your MWD cycle, turn it off and coast in. When the ship slows (to keep at 5K) change Keep At Range to 1k and you should settle within optimal range - may require practice. Maneuver around gunfield, rinse and repeat. You can probably burn straight at last one and absorb damage from 1 or 2 guns but I havenā€™t tested. Be wary of running in systems with Incursion effects (this can probably be said of most fits).

If you want to test on Singularity, but the market is sold out for some of these mods, send me a mail on Tranquility telling me what you need and I will contract them to you. While supplies last.

This fit is the result of being ganked (w/ Deadspace armor reps :frowning: ) and deciding to find a more cost effective way. If you can think of a way to make this ship even cheaper, please let me know.

Of the Burner missions I run this one has the best loot. A couple times I have run it and made enough isk on drops to pay for the whole ship - VERY RARE but fun when it happens. Run it if you can.

Sorry about all the words - hope you enjoy the fit.

1 Like

yea my updated fit was designed to be stable with the booster running then last another min or so to score the kill, but I reverted it to the safer fully cap stable fit thanks to the HP buff.

and yea with the deimos there is a lot of flexibility to add more tank or cap. Pretty much any movement lowers the incoming dps enough that you can get by on one rep, or t2 reps. and once one is dead you are pretty safe. A dc on initial warp in is probably the only way you die with a dual rep fit.

[Sacrilege, AngelCartBase]

Cap stable - no heat

Core C-Type Armor EM Hardener
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Centum C-Type Energized EM Membrane

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

True Sansha Medium EMP Smartbomb

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Valkyrie II x10

Slightly more expensive due to the hull but less skill intensive since it only needs HAC I instead of Minmatar BC 5. Also slightly slower since 6 smart bombs vs 7. I keep a Mobile Depot w/ MWD, Drone Damage Amp II x3 and Drone Link Aug II to kill and loot Angel Transport since it sometimes drops a nice Cynabal blueprint or tag.

And yes, I have been Concorded.

1 Like

Actually for the Burner Worm Daredevil fitting 1 heated X-type kinetic and 1 non-heated Corpii/Centii A-type can tank pretty fine, allowing space for 2 Magnetic stabilizers.

[Daredevil, Daredevil]
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener

Small F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Void S x160
Navy Cap Booster 400 x1

You can downgrade on the MWD and web to t2. Still works on sisi now (currently bombing cyclone fails on angel base on sisi so I believe the version on sisi is somehow buffed)

1 Like

atm on sisi itĀ“s not possible to pull a burner mission twice from one corp. really ccp ?
if you pull a burner for lets say caldari navy its not possible to pull another burner hile its open for cn again.

err like for how long? that just sounds a bit offā€¦

Hmmm

Yeah, I dunno man, I literally just went out and got 6/7 Burner offers on my agents all from the same NPC corp.

on sisi not traq. :wink:

looks like a new feature.:eyes:

edit: tried it again on sisi and it wont happen. strange.