Devblog: Preparing For The Future – Retirement Of Captain’s Quarters & Twitch Integration

Man talk about being delusional, 200,000 accounts?

Even if that number was true, it doesn’t apply to these forums or the poll that was linked. As usual being true to form, always twisting the actual facts and initial statements out of context in a vain attempt at trying to be portrayed as right.

6 Likes

It’s closer to 400,000 than 200,000.

300,000 - 370,000 still the most likely number

Then there seems to be some deception happening because the average amount of accounts active in game is closer to 10% of those numbers. More importantly, the amount of accounts, either active or inactive, isn’t even relevant to the actual discussion anyway.

Really? Across all 24 hours, only the same 23K or so accounts are logged in? No one logs out and no one else logs in across the day?

In May, Markets for ISK put it at approx 370K paying accounts in the analysis of last year’s financials: marketsforISK: CCP Financial Statements for 2016 - a review

Ripard Teg, less than a day ago based on his long time analysis has it at just below 300K for TQ: Reddit - Dive into anything

3 Likes

Like I said earlier, that is a lot more opinions given than on vast majority of anything in this forum. So, a lot more people cared to show their thoughts about it than various other topics, at the time that reply was made. Meaning; Many people came to the forums just to voice their opinion on this issue. Doesn’t look like “very few people care” to me.

Of course it is not 200,000 people, but seems something like 5-10% of all players use the forum with any regularity anyway, else it would be a lot busier than it is. Neither has CCP polled those 200,000 people on their opinion either, by the way, so this thread and the poll linked earlier is pretty much the best info we have at hand.

8 Likes

Those numbers don’t matter anyway since the topic at hand was about a poll presented here in the forums. And these forums are visited by less than 5% of the playerbase.

1 Like

If they don’t matter, why even challenge Jen on their correctness?

I agree, they don’t matter to the issue of the poll as no poll conducted here is indicative of anything other than the views of those that respond. It certainly isn’t a big enough sample to base any sort of general conclusion off.

However, the number of active accounts is always of interest.

In the most recent (2014) stats we have from CCP, the average peak CPU was 10% of the monthly number of unique players. So the average online is also a pointless measure of the overall playerbase. It’s only a measure of the numbers online at a particular point. Still interesting, but not reflective of the size of the playerbase (though probably reflective of trend).

Each account has a different number which would be registered and listed as active after logging in.

Yes, this has been the case forever.

Because that was a fail attempt at misdirection in an attempt to be proven correct.

And actively used by less than 2-3%, I think. Oh ■■■■, are the forums the next thing getting axed?

3 Likes

They already were axed which is why we’re now using Discord.

3 Likes

Yeah my bad. What I really meant to ask is, why this statement:

Man talk about being delusional, 200,000 accounts?

if the numbers don’t matter? What’s delusional about a figure of 200K, aside from it being too low?

Anything that is space based science fiction is a competitor to EVE in my book. For that matter any video game that takes my time and money away from EVE is a competitor in my book.

Take your choice.

6 Likes

Because people need to not have their delusions challenged :slight_smile:

Don’t stop him though, his rager and disappointment at the end of the space Barbie pipe dream needs somewhere to flow, for his own good if nothing else.

1 Like

The active login figure is a rolling total like scip touched on. Per time zone? two?

A poll which - despite being buried in a thread most people who aren’t overly attached or interested in CQ wont read, and the ~300 unique responses has the grand total of 94 responses and even then only 75% in favour of avatar gameplay. A sample of that size is practically a rounding error, and whilst it does reflect a sizeable amount of players, it’s not a representative sample of the playerbase. We’ve had petitions with ~1000+ posts (Japanese localisation) that failed to change CCPs opinions, I don’t see why 70 people justifies the keeping of a feature which is incredibly difficult to maintain when CCP is stretched thin on the kind of resources needed to keep it going. To put this in a completely arbitrary way, would you rather have technical fixes and upgrades to the mission/complex system or keep CQ up for another 3 months?

aaand yes let me pull a question out of thin air that is kinda ridiculous

1 Like

That’s the kind of technical trade off you’re looking at when you have a 3 man Dev team that dedicates multiple man weeks to something purely on a maintainence level because the base product was coded without anything beyond the first 1-3 releases in mind. I decided to suggest something that could be done in a reasonable amount of time that used those resources to put it in context for DMC.

do I get a question where one choice is not putting Dust on playstation 3

1 Like