EVE Gate Shutdown – Wednesday September 27th

Wow that’s obtuse.

5 Likes

That would be really great news… If it weren’t for the fact that the app you made is garbage and doesn’t actually work.

4 Likes

You do realize you are appearing to advocate the degradation of your veteran players eyesight? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

CQ has also been removed. Sorry.

For those of us that don’t have access to the client for significant parts of the day, this is disappointing. But I am not surprised to see it going away, especially now that a “critical” vulnerability has been discovered.

2 Likes

That’s really presumptuous and so ridiculous. I love how CCP talks to it’s customers these days. Keeping it real classy Falcon.

15 Likes

may be of interest to some people.

It’s very much in development. But the core functionality is there.

17 Likes

5 Likes

Classical CCP!:innocent:

9 Likes

:slight_smile: I know that’s gone, good ridance to it IMO. I just need a place to use that cane.

Very nice :roll_eyes:, a dismissive & contemptuous response to a cient, down-voted.

A phone screen is not a computer screen & phone buttons are not a keyboard, a phone app is NOT a replacement for a computer app.

16 Likes

Brave New World from Huxley is far more applicable… but yeah.

3 Likes

Nooooooo! How will I see my skill queue from work?!

2 Likes

2013 called and wanted his remarks about mass surveillance not being an issue back

12 Likes

I use EVE Gate to check skill queues a fair bit.

It saves me a lot of time logging in to the client waiting for it to load logging off, logging in to the client again… etc.

So is their going to be any porting of those services across to another app :worried: because I see no mention of that up there?

Also is there any hope for plans to replace it with a new PC app because a phone screen simply isn’t big enough for convenient use & typing on a phone is certainly not as comfortable or quick as typing on a keyboard… a phone app’s great when you don’t have a PC handy but really isn’t a replacement for the convenience when at home of a PC app.

2 Likes

Snarky response from CCP Falcon - check. Confirms my thoughts about how this would play out. Forget having Eve Mail except in the horrible phone app.

13 Likes

You sure aren’t a very good community manager are you? You’re about to remove functionally which you say isn’t even being looked at being replaced till next year and then ■■■■ on your customer base for not being happy about it. Keep it classy

19 Likes

Have you heard of Evemon?

1 Like

Eve-gate, Walking in station and Dust, anything else CCP feels like throwing away money on that ends up being useless?

Oh yeah, i forgot about the vampires…

ps: I would actually have loved to see WIS.

5 Likes

I’m not sure about the mobile version of the site, but you have several options to jump to the first post in any thread on the PC. You can click the top date on the bar on the right side, you can grab the slider on the bar and drag it up, or you can press the Home button on your keyboard.

1 Like

I uninstalled that app along time ago as it had next to no iterative updates and functionality was severely broken for me.

I hope CCP has some sort of plan to get out of game mail access functions restored asap. The gate was useful (when it worked over the last severely months)

1 Like