Eve = Safe

What’s code? I’m old but new. Stop being so defensive. I’m trying to have a conversation.
In no way would I want to attack or “troll” others. This is a game for an adult audience in mind I believe.
I’m a very immature 43…so about 23.
You guys can argue amongst yourselves, many better threads. Bye

1 Like

So what was your rebuttal regarding the topic?

Eve is safer if you know precautions as a seasoned player. I have seen many freighter ganks in your uedama and many pass through.
Maybe the 10+ bill payload isn’t enough for interest now, i have no idea. The hi sec mercs take quite a few dumb freighter pilots I’ve noticed also.
In some cases its who you blow, not what you know,etc. I suppose that’s my rebuttal. I won’t post here again to please you.

10b+ is definitely enough. They didn’t blow me up because I took proper precaution and didn’t give them the chance.

Working as intended.

1 Like

Make Hulkageddon Great Again

[quote=“Draeman_Hookah, post:8, topic:7974”]
Hulkageddon should make a comeback.
[/quote]im unsure of the gank penalties in high sec. If Concord hits a ganker can they still hide in a station or leave system for the criminal flag time? I would love to hunt down a ganker pod for payback while their flag is still up.

I haven’t had the pleasure of popping a pod yet. Can I pop a pod if they have their red flag up without Concord killing me?

In my opinion, ganking miners used to be one of the safest things you could do in EvE, look at code all their activities are funded so what are they loosing. Send in alt to look to around, ganker is in space for maybe a minute then hide in station. I have waited outside a station till their flags fell off for a few times for a chance to bite back.

What are you waiting for? I’m assuming people still autopilot around highsec in their pods. Shouldn’t be too hard for you to make this happen.

And to answer your question - yes gankers can dock up with their criminal-flagged pods.

[quote=“Kathern_Aurilen, post:86, topic:7974”]
im unsure of the gank penalties in high sec. If Concord hits a ganker can they still hide in a station or leave system for the criminal flag time? I would love to hunt down a ganker pod for payback while their flag is still up.

I haven’t had the pleasure of popping a pod yet. Can I pop a pod if they have their red flag up without Concord killing me? [/quote]
If a character has a criminal flag, they can dock up or jump a gate. If you can catch them you can shoot their pods, but really, it isn’t going be especially satisfying shooting an empty pod. Sometimes, the other player wants that as it is a quicker way back to their home station where they can reship.

In addition to the criminal flag one gets for committing a criminal act in highsec or lowsec which lets you shoot them, there is also their security status, which if below -5, means they are a permanent outlaw. You can shoot these players who appear red in the overview, but just do it fast as NPCs will spawn quickly and start doing it for you.

[quote=“Kathern_Aurilen, post:86, topic:7974”]In my opinion, ganking miners used to be one of the safest things you could do in EvE, look at code all their activities are funded so what are they loosing. Send in alt to look to around, ganker is in space for maybe a minute then hide in station. I have waited outside a station till their flags fell off for a few times for a chance to bite back.
[/quote]In my opinion, highsec mining or missioning is the safest thing you can do in Eve. The NPCs are completely predictable and easily outmatched by even the weakest of player ships, and you have an omnipotent and omniscient police force that has your back and arrives seconds after you get into a fight. I mean it’s true that highsec criminals have learned to minimize their exposure to law enforcement NPCs and player vigilantes, but to claim that running as a criminal in highsec is “one of the safest things you could do in Eve” is a little rich when you can mine rocks in near perfect safety in a ship with the EHP of a battleship or run minmaxed missions in ships way more powerful than existed when those missions were designed 10 years ago.

I’ll give you a real tip though. Station camping isn’t going to work to get your revenge on an outlaw in highsec. They will use insta-undocks and insta-docks to bypass you. They are only vulnerable either on-grid with their target (get a cloaky jamming ship) or when they take a stargate (camp the gate with a fast-locking ship of some sort). Don’t bother with their pods as they warp instantly and are likely cheap or empty, but focus on jamming their ship after they start their illegal act so they can’t kill the target and CONCORD finishes them off, or catching them on a gate which will annoy them and prevent them from travelling far from their staging station.

3 Likes

Ignore him he is just annoyed kusion decided to put an end to his tengu in response to his falcon alt being a pita (don’t get me wrong messing with gankers is fun but you roll the dice when you do)

2 Likes

LOLREKT

1 Like

Heh goons were basing one system off the beaten path once and we gate camped them something shocking. If you ever get the opportunity to do this it’s well worth interrupting the well oiled machine.

2 clients at once in an active situation? I can barely handle one…he mustve been special.

You know you don’t have to evade your ban any more, right? Or did you get banned again? Please post with the main we all know and love. Your flouncing off at the end of a post is a bit of a giveaway.

I still consider you a friend, by the way.

4 Likes

Come mine in Uedama, safest place in highsec
Unless you fly a dual xlasb tengu and sit on a gate :wink:

1 Like

I am a new player not living in the old forums or by their “rules”…sorry. Again, the comparison is noted and appreciated. He seemed to be as popular as…bob. This persons last kill was months ago and I saw a rather angry reddit post, possibly righteous. I have no idea.

We can be friends, but if you insist on this false road…you’re just gonna hit a ditch.

So back on topic. One thing that makes eve way too safe is ECM. I think ECM should be removed and replaced with Logistics Disruptors because jamming logi is the only use for ECM when content is being generated. Every other use just removes content from the game.

I aspire to fly a falcon one day or recon ships in general. ECM is cool from a new player perspective. Really, it seems to trump all. Be it range damps, jams, or whatever else. I imagine the range damps effect the effectiveness of logi with the falloff that was brought in some time ago?

1 Like

Please go away.

If you don’t like validity and truth from a new player perspective, fine…I have many other things to do. It uh, smells in here anyways.

You’re not a new player I can tell. Also everything you say is as off-topic as it can possibly be.