EVE Serenity needs CCP's attention

Pretty much of modern CCP the main thing is to make an announcement that Eve Online presents in China and its a huge success. After that it’s all became CBA…

1 Like

Linus had it right frankly. And its not CBA its that Tiancity has the license and thats as far as CCP itself is directly involved. Though CCP creates Eve in China its all Tiancity as far as players on both sides are concerned.

That China made VPNs illegal is interesting news to me. China is both smart in controlling its population and also Orwellian/Draconian in its implementation. Its an interesting historical and modern study for me in population control through direct information control.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-10/china-is-said-to-order-carriers-to-bar-personal-vpns-by-february

2 Likes

Know the issues but keep selling bad fruit. Damn marketing nerds.

1 Like

It seems that CCP is ignoring this post as well. Sigh.

1 Like

So this isn’t even the first time that Serenity players are asking for help.

1 Like

Lets them bring all Serenity folks to Tranquility. We really need Dark Ages to come… Lets blow up this blue🍩 cancer!!!

3 Likes

Then why would the american one be top priority ?
It would be a good sh*thole of informatics and logistics, just to separate the players. It’s one of the strenght of EVE (for me, at least), that everyone, except the chineses, is reunited on the same server. And excuse me but the downtime is what, a 15 minutes time where you can’t play ? Do something else, it’s not like you can’t launch another game, play a single round, and then come back.

No, I really think we shouldn’t separate the servers. Plus some countries will have a population of 10 000+, while other will run on a poorly 5000 basis.

2 Likes

Sasha, I fully agree with you.

1 Like

persephanie mae likes to troll. she is an alt of a character that was probably banned from at least forums.

1 Like

It had been years since the last patch on Serenity, and CCP have never made any actual progress on that, nor had any player had any clue on what actually go wrong. (I had made a few speculations, but without solid evidence)
Sadly, as I had stated in another post, petitioning in this forum barely do anything.
https://forums.eveonline.com/uploads/short-url/ovlJqY0GLjhwNOM70JXlVHR6zdl.jpg

5 Likes

Yeah, I pretty agree with that, I’ve seen games sticking to 2008 playstyle/visual styles being well alive, so Serenity isn’t the worst I think.

Don’t know what is going now, but the state of existing localizations are concerning too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/540pdd/russians_appeal_to_hilmar_localization_status/

2 Likes

so, will the world sever add Chinese in its language options?

1 Like

There is no sign of CCP encouraging serenity players to migrate to tranquility yet.

1 Like

lmao. I have no clue how to translate this(to a funny way) but this is hilarious. It literally says “Serenity server: CCP just publishes your new versions, if serenity updates I lose.”

1 Like

As i mentioned in another thread, ive always been able to access EVE without a VPN while in China. I did not use any sort of foreigner only service. Most commonly I used either my in laws hone connection, Starbucks, or various free mall networks.

CCP uses a third party because most business within China must be conducted through a majority owned Chinese firm.

Amusingly the one thing I did have to use a VPN for was to pay for EVE because I kept having my transaction blocked by CCP/bank for originating in China.

I’d still love to get a breakdown of the Chinese corps and alliances and their origins on tranquillity.

And if anyone is in Shenzhen and wants to have a meetup.

I go to Hong Kong several times a year and occasionally visit Shenzhen. :smirk:

Wake up. They don’t even ban bots on tranquility.

1 Like