An anxious player from Chinese server asking for support

This would be fairly incredible if there was a merge

Tbh im not really sure what you all are talking about here because I blew up this dude a bit ago and he started RAGING at me in Chinese mandlorian or canotease im sure but def Chinese.

So either they are illegally using our server or you are all Ignorant and chinese asians ARE NOT SEGRAGATED to another server separately and equal.

Tbh

1 Like

That made me laugh pretty hard. Not going to lie :stuck_out_tongue:

Your experience made me recall that reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3o7cdu/its_just_a_vni_m8/
It doesn’t seem like it was your case, though raging players can be quite common.

OP is talking about issues in Chinese server, the most obvious one being that it hasn’t got any updates for almost one year. Tbh I am not sure whether people view Chinese server as “related to EVE” or “just another totally different game”. But to my view CCP does not have much authority on how Serenity is run, and there is little CCP can do or promise. If I had played Chinese server I could be worried about declining game quality and losing game assets as well, but I didn’t ever play Chinese server.

Looked up one news report of Jean-Charles Gaudechon, Managing Director of CCP Shanghai interviewed by Sina during the 2017 Fanfest:http://games.sina.com.cn/ol/n/2017-04-20/fyepsea9777522.shtml

Chinese excerpt

新浪游戏:请问EVE欧服免费化运营之后的现状如何,将来国服会不会也采用这种模式?

答:首先,CCP一直重视EVE国服玩家的游戏体验,国服玩家也是最聪明最具激情的MMO玩家群体之一。两年前Fanfest上举行的国服和欧服玩家的“世界碰撞”对抗赛非常精彩,我现在仍然记忆犹新。自从欧服免费化运营以来国服确实在版本更新进度上比较迟缓,我们当然愿意将这一模式带到国服,不过目前我们仍然在等待最佳时期的到来。虽然目前还不能透露具体是在什么时候,但是CCP从上到下都非常期待能让国服玩家享有和欧服同步的游戏体验,这也是我们今后工作的努力方向。

Translation

Sina Games: How is Tranquility doing after the Alpha Clone and free-to-play change? Will Serenity adopt this system in the future?
JC: First, CCP had always valued the Serenity players’ gaming experience. Serenity players are the most smart and passionate among the MMO playerbase. The “World Collide” competition between the two servers held on Fanfest two years ago was fascinating, which I still vividly remember. Since the free-to-play change the Serenity did fall behind on patches, and we do want to bring this patch to Serenity, though we are still waiting for the best opportunity to do it. Although we cannot tell the exact date now, everyone in CCP is looking forward to giving up-to-date gaming experience to Serenity players, which is our goal in the future.

Looks quite ironic months later.

1 Like

He is ex EA employee. Worked on DUST (closed). Now no updates for almost a year on chinese server…

With a bit of tinfoil dangling above my forehead I would say its conspiracy. :thinking:

4 Likes

1 - There are other People besides those in the PRC who speak Chinese, you know.

2 - Are you sure it was Chinese? Misidentifying asian languages is easy to do.

3 - *Cantonese

1 Like

Interesting to hear.

I don’t really know anything about the chinese server or its issues. I can say that some recent updates have been problematic for some unofficial linux client users and I wonder if those issues don’t go back to the fact they are phasing out DirectX 9. Hickups with those patches make me suspect they are playing dx11 catchup somewhere.

If I were the OP I’d probably not shut my corp down until CCP actually replies directly or states elsewhere they are dropping dx9 entirely. If that happened with no patch to your server, that would be alarming. Or a fork.

-M

inflation is huge there because botting is allowed.

Nah. Though it is sponsored. A bigger underlying issue is behavioural in nature. The bulk of players is more triggered towards buying their way in, less triggered towards investing their way in.

Simply put: there’s good reasons why industry is ■■■■ and slave work if at all there. Because people are used to buying stuff with microtransactions. It’s almost hilarious so sad as it is. Both the operating agency and player organisations run sideshows on that basis.

There’s no emergent dynamic there - which is what built this EVE (even though the EA “input” and “advice” from elsewhere is gradually turning this EVE towards the behavoural model the Chinese EVE already has).

Irony, bit of a mirroring experiment might be due for some CCPians.

The attention brought by current Fraternity war is accelerating this process imo. Fraternity had released some good videos that synergy well with current nationalism meta on Chinese internet.

Now some well-known figures on Chinese server like DomiTyphoon and Drone Wang had already participated in the war and I am seeing burst of Tranquility-related posts on EVE sub-Tieba(Chinese equivalent to reddit).

Meanwhile the Chinese server is just stagnating with Pax PIBC and there aren’t any big wars.

Just give us all your exclusive ship skins.

I think that will be no matter if CCP releases custom skin system one day.

It is still far from designing your own skins but looks promising.

1 Like

Just saw another extended downtime on Serenity, and lots of people complaining on Chinese forums. The only good thing is that they offer 5000 SP for every hour of extended downtime. Looking at the history(https://eve.tiancity.com/homepage/article/Class_982_Time_1.html) reveals that it happens about 3-4 times a month, while in some gap months no one happen at all. I wonder how often do extended downtimes happen in Tranquility in comparison.

Edit: and this extended downtime was exceptionally long–8.5 hours, and most other extended downtimes were only 1-2 hours.

Meanwhile, Tiancity is offering a “new” Purity of Throne event (the very same event from last year, and the last event Serenity had offered) that said to drop bronze, silver, gold Ouroboros (as I remember those were rewards from the Shadow of Serpentis event) from site NPCS and an additional SKIN for completing 30 site. I think they are just reusing and doing some minor tweaks to the sites to create events without following updates in Tranquility. I suspect they had problems implementing the Agency system so they have to do it the other way, as was the case of the Shadow of Serpentis event on Serenity.

Tiancity is also offering an returning player event today. There had been two events of same type before, but the previouos two happened after a large patch update. This time they didn’t say it is related to an update. In this event, players with more than 3m SP who have not subscribed since August 1st 2017 and players with more than 3m SP who have not subscribed since December 6th 2012 are eligible. The eligible players get to play the game for free from September 28th to October 5th and gains 3000 free SP for every hour after they pay subscription till October 5th 09:00.

tldr: Looks like Tiancity is really anxious about player retention and sub count now.

1 Like

5 hours into the “new” Purity of Throne event and someone already come with this Ouroborus loot: BPCs, Corpum Adaptives, AK Boosters(was unavailable because Project Discovery images were blocked by GFW and they won’t fix). Tiancity’s strategy at reinviograting the game was just awfully desperate, at the cost of smashing the Blood Raider module market.

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/44b7918fa0ec08fae8b59ca152ee3d6d54fbdab0.jpg

1 Like

As a Chinese player playing in Tranquility I was hoping for the day that CCP enables Chinese localization. Though I am fine with English there are a lot of others who don’t.

CCP did work on Chinese localization even though Serenity is not updating(I had seen someone posting Chinese link of a Exoplanet Hunter SKIN), but just didn’t make it available, though the Chinese localization can be made available by some unofficial tools that might get you banned. There had been several petition posts on enabling Chinese localization for example https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/494528/ before without any CCP responses so far.

But seeing what they did to the Japanese localization really make me feel hopeless. It is very likely CCP don’t have enough source to do Chinese language support, even if Serenity, one of the reason Chinese is not enabled on Tranquility, dies.

3 Likes

Can’t believe that Tiancity just extended this “new” Purity of Throne event for another month by creating another event that is all the same as the last one, but renamed “Brainstorm” and said to always drop gold Ouroboros containing implants compared to the previous one. Reallly desperate, is it?
https://eve.tiancity.com/homepage/article/2017/10/26/53759.html
The change in rating to the news of Tiancity events already reflect the loss of Chinese community’s interest to this sort of thing–from mainly “Wow!” in the first one to mainly “WTF?” in the second one.

That skin has teeth on it. Take my money. I’m moving to China.

Why they dont do the mirror of Tranquility with our SKINs and event? Do they want to close that server with premeditation? Tragic management.