Is the new design primarily for smartphones?

I think the new forum pages are too small/narrow with seemingly low resolution compared to the old design. I would expect wider pages made for widescreen monitors. It’s also somewhat harder to find what you’re looking for, it’s not intuitive. I’m not even sure I posted this message in the right place. And the tiny avatars have lost their purpose. As it is now, I would prefer the old forums. Sorry, I know you guys must have worked hard on it but I don’t see any improvement over the old forum design.

1 Like

Have you checked out the experimental wide theme?

How about answering the OP’s original question.
Was this new format designed for smartphones?

Nope.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t noticed that before.

Now that I have tried it in experimental widescreen mode, I think it’s a substantial improvement. It should be the default.

The “modern” web is disgusting, isn’t it?

1 Like

That’s something we can consider once it’s no longer experimental. :stuck_out_tongue: :aura:

There is the wide-screen theme you can select and also on the avatars, you can install a userscript to adjust that as well. I was saddened by the tiny avatars as well, but this works. See:

I can assure you it sucks on a phone, too.

Format is clean on mobile. What I like the most is my login persists through sessions. In the last forum I had to visit evegate to renew my forum session. Kind of annoying when you have the double verification with the google code generator.

So yay!

have you seen the discourse app?

Pretty much the same, but has auth by token.