Looks like shite

revert to the old version, this looks like shite… too many balls and dots and numbers and avatars…if something is fine, do not change it (simple marketing 101 concept)

16 Likes

Love the new forums, much better and aesthetic, please keep!!!

8 Likes

Yeah, I agree. However there are User Scripts available in the ‘Third Party Developers’ sub-category that make these forums much more appealing and user friendly.

thanks man but no thanks… Forums need to be made efficiently. I do not have time to go fiddle around with settings etc. Old forum was perfect, the much older was even better. As is well known with CCP, they keep making something amazing more and more worse over time, just like with its main game.

5 Likes

btw how do I block people on the new forums? and can I no longer read my ingame mail without logging ng?

2 Likes

I don’t mind the new forums. I just don’t like not being able to remotely check my in game mail here anymore. I kinda need to be able to do that.

1 Like

To be clear, no, no they were not fine.

Did you ever try finding something with them? Did you see how frequently there were issues with them?

Towards the end, they were limping along, nursed by CCP.

3 Likes

for @Adrindo_Arandai too.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Mail/Inbox

2 Likes

the old forums were absolute crap, clunky and impossible to get anything meaningful out of your searches for forum posts. this is actually very smooth flowing. i like it.

4 Likes

Didn’t take long and I worked out how to use the new forums, adapted to them, and now it’s fine. More than fine - I really like the ability to include graphics in a comment.

4 Likes

And that is the only positive aspect among a multitude of negative issues pertaining to these new forums.

3 Likes

“This looks like shite”.

Top kek feedback. This guy for CSM?

4 Likes

I did burst out laughing when I first saw it, I gotta admit

7 Likes

I never used the old forums; I found reading in them… unpleasant.

It’s your choice if you want to adapt - or not.

4 Likes

I am starting to like this new forum for function like “auto follow/track” threads I read, has “wide” option for monitor viewing and easy reading in mobile devices.

The only small complaint I have is the there seems to be a lot of wasted vertical spacing. I wish for a more vertical-compact layout.

2 Likes

That’s just your opinion…

Or did you have something to do with these being set up and discourse chosen? I ask as nearly every time someone says they don’t like them or a part of them you pop out of the woodwork…

2 Likes

Its not that bad. I kind of like it.

I couldn’t get EVE Gate to work on Chrome (Windows 10) since the new update. I used to be able to get it on my phone as well, but that’s not working either.

edit: Sorry, I think sometimes it just takes a LOOOONG time to load properly.

1 Like

Yes Eve Gate will take a long time to load. Unfortunately it is not as healthy as it once was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, it looks like crap, and the ability to quickly check your character’s profile is gone (training time remaining etc).

1 Like