Old forums

If you want to see a specific person’s portrait you can just click on it.

I don’t have the quote handy right now but the web developer working on these forums (CCP Avalon), stated that corporation or alliance information is something to consider in the feature.

As to the issue of the scroll bar, the way the native browser scroll bar and the forum scroll bar work is fundamentally different. Your browsers scroll bar works allowing you to move up or down the rendered page. As discourse renders a section of a topic as you go, the browser scroll bar does not function fully. If you go to any major thread you will see what I mean.

The way the forum scroll allows you to move to any section of the thread, and it helps you by showing the date and post numbers as you move up and down the slider. If you’re moving through a large thread this allows you to in effect move to the area you want to go to, before the forum renders on your end, rather than rendering a section at a time with the browsers scroll bar.

My suggestion to you, would be to open your settings, and change the interface setting called theme to the ‘wide screen, experimental’ theme. This reduces the amount of room the scroll bar takes up quite drastically. This should help you :slight_smile:

Player scripts you may want to try

2 Likes