0.0 No PvP, Alpha clone possible?

OK, I will try it.

Yhere is no badge that would say I AM A CAREBEAR LOLOLOL I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN LOLOLOL versus I AM A BADASS PEVEPE I CRUSH ERRYONE BCUZ I AM PEVEPE. This is not how it works.

If you come to my space, you are a potential danger and I will do my best to remove you. Not because I hate you, or because I am a leet pevepe. I do it to protect “the people of my tribe”.

Now those “people of my tribe” give something back to the “tribe”. Either they manufacture stuff and sell for cheaper than Jita, or they spend their time organising stuff, hauling stuff, but generally all of them are expected to join at least some fleets and repel the enemies when needed. Or they can pay a rent, in billions of ISK.

Again… EVE is not like other games. This is not PVE vs PVP. There are no “lolol I am just a carebear lol” vs “Hurrdurr I am leet and I will pwn y00”. If a group doesn’t have people who fight for that group, it will easily fall a prey to others - like Providence did, precisely because they didn’t train their fighters (in all possible meanings … :smiley: )

So stop dividng the world into “PVE” vs “PVP”. There is no such thing. There is only an interaction between players, good or bad, and if your interaction with your nullsec group would be just reaping the rewards and never returning anything back, you’re not gonna be a welcomed member.

Join a renter Corp most will let you do whatever you like pve wise but you’ll be confined to one area or system.Most really don’t do much together except the odd mining op or whatever

Well, Szkarlatyna, at least you see why so many 1337 nul sec dwellers hate Providence so much. It shows, that things can be done differest. Some people here in forums even called Providence “last civilized null”… Truth is, that even you simply shooting NPC or mining will raise activity index (and Providence after war do need those indexes rised back), so you have what to “give in return” . As long as you behave, core Provi dwellers will have nothing against you. They will not defend you directly, but they will be glad to have some PvP with KOS. And they are good at it. They lost the war against pandemic legion family because they were severily outnumbered. Weeks PL was standing on front dorr, unable to break in. Only after PL called half of the north to help, Providece fall. Months of intense fights, outnumbered. But now Provi block is back, rebuilding what was lost and it is the time, they will let any piecefull player explore their space.

Providence is a decent way to go. Just make sure wherever you want to go has a citadel that grants you access. I know the plan is for each system to have a NRDS citadel at some point… but I have no idea if it’s at that point yet.

I’ll call it the best answer, but Alphas can’t log there.

Due to my personal experience, I’ll say you just need minimum 10M Skill Points to be able to perform some PVE in Null-Sec. These new Alpha clones can reach 22M SP, but under Omega subscription. The 22M SP it’s near 1 year of subscription. Keep in mind, CCP just told ‘No, no, no’ for any Alpha miners.

Alpha account PVP in 0.0 is possible btw, but under lowest ‘worm reincarnation’ level.

1 Like

Did not realize that, thanks for correcting me.

Yesterday I went to Providence region. I stumbled upon system with 30-40+ ppl (at least in local) that had CVA alliance icon -> i’m guessing that means that such system is under CVA jurysdiction/protection.

I asked in local chat about NRDS, Providence stuff, how it actually works and some casual noob talk.
To my suprise it actually works NRDS way O_O ! Ppl there were very friendly and helpfull. I enjoyed this NRDS idea so much that I asked if I as alpha pilot could be of any help/use to their alliance.
They told me that I’m more than welcome to do anything I please as long as I obey NRDS rules and don’t behave like a d*ck (e.g. being soooo noob friendly that You shoot T1 ratting solo Vexor (¬20mil worth- dat bling!) with alpha pilot and and pod-kill it moments after with group of t3 (?) frigates -> way to go B.Col. Your ancestors must be very proud of You).
Especially ratting was welcome cause it helps build up some defence points or something that depends on level of activity in systems (I’m not sure how it works).

They even gave me some advice (and few other information that i won’t tell here) no how to navigate in Providence and its borders safely so i can avoid PvP (which i don’t like).

Anyway looks like it actually can be done ! Being solo, alpha player and still have an opportunity to experience game content that I tought was by default unavailable for players with my (casual-solo) playstyle.

EvE will never stop to amaze me. There trully is something for everyone to enjoy here. You just need to find right place and right people.

2 Likes

You could just join Pandemic Horde or one of the other alliances accepting everyone of course…

…and deal with tons of war decs, making high sec realy unpleasant place to be…

You can make a perfectly good viable vni or gila alpha character for null sec ratting within 5 mil sp

What you’re after is a renter corp/alliance.

ALL null sec alliances expect their members to at least be willing to step up to the plate when needed for deployments/defense. But if you’re not willing to contribute in any way outside of ADM for the space you live in you’re basically a glorified renter/leech. So unless you’re willing to actually experience and contribute to life in null just skip the bs and join a renter corp if all you want is to rat/mine day in and day out.

My suggestion is to give PVP a try. It’s literally what makes this game fun to play, not the monotonous grind for isk. There are plenty of alliances out there that will let you make your isk and have minimal expectations of you when it comes to attending fleets like TEST. At least that way you can get your feet wet and actually experience the game for what it is.

Finally, null is entirely about pvp. Even if you’re a renter you’re going to be faced with it. So I don’t know what to really tell you outside of HTFU and accept reality if you want to live out here otherwise you’re better off staying where you are.

Well yeah, that’s why you have one character in null and one in highsec…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.