2019/06/25 - 14:30 UTC - GAME CLUSTER REBOOT INCOMING

2019/06/25 - 14:30 UTC - GAME CLUSTER REBOOT INCOMING

Hey guys,

We’re currently experiencing an issue that’s causing Tritanium, Pyerite and Mexallon that’s in the inventories of some pilots not to be displayed due to the most weird-ass chain of events in the history of EVE Online.

We’ve managed to pinpoint the problem and we need to reboot the cluster to solve it and make everyone’s minerals visible again.

We’ll be starting a 30 minute shutdown timer at 14:00 UTC, and will be taking the cluster down at 14:30 UTC for a short, unscheduled reboot.

There’ll be updates in this thread as we go.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, we’ll try to be as quick as possible!

• F
9 Likes

UPDATES:

14:00 UTC

30 minute shutdown timer started - ETA for restart is 14:30 UTC.

14:15 UTC

15 minutes to go… doop de doop…

14:30 UTC

Tranquility is offline for a short unscheduled reboot. We’ll be back soon!

14:33 UTC

We’re back online and accepting connections!

4 Likes

As someone that for some silly reason has a passion for databases and programming and such, (and I’m sure I’m not alone) I would love to hear how THIS happened. Lol.

10 Likes

I want to hear these “Crazy Chain of events” hahahaha

The boss probably said “Just turn it on and off again that should work!” Probably wont make any actual corrections :smiley: :smiley:

9 Likes

someone spilled beer on the hampsters

4 Likes

90% of the time, it works every time. Also, 74% of statistics are made up on the spot, did you know?

4 Likes

30 min warning? That’s new! :wink:

1 Like

I love the description:

We’re currently experiencing an issue that’s causing Tritanium, Pyerite and Mexallon that’s in the inventories of some pilots not to be displayed due to the most weird-ass chain of events in the history of EVE Online.

Made me chuckle a lot…

1 Like

I had an entire ship disappear in my hangar yesterday. I got it fixed, but it was probably not only minerals that went missing…

1 Like

Hey at least @CCP_Tuxford didn’t just hit the restart button this time :wink:

Also please spill any non sensitive information about these events :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Blockquote
Hey at least @CCP_Tuxford didn’t just hit the restart button this time

I Totally haven’t done that before… “We’re goling to restart in 30 minutes”… Clicks Restart Now

2 Likes

Will the mission timer stop during the shutdown?

Missions usually reset. Sorry.

1 Like

Are you sure? We can name some that are pretty bad…

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the update and the 30 minute warning for the shutdown! All docked up and ready for reboot, LOL!!

2 Likes

Tuxford is love, Tuxford is life. :sunglasses:

Also Falcon the significant heads up is much appreciated by many I’m sure :+1: , and add me to the (long) list of people definitely curious what led to this one given that phrasing.

1 Like

thanks for heads up ready to steal some drones props

My most weird-ass chain of events made me get married buy a house and have kids … Plz share your most weird-ass chain of events :sweat_smile:

btw: still very happy with my personal weird-ass chain of events

2 Likes

free skill points for everyone i think

2 Likes