2020/01/27 & 28 - TQ under DDoS

As my posts tend to be lengthy, I will keep this one short and without much detail for several reasons.
CCP has engaged siteprotect.neustar in an effort to isolate and limit the impact of the attack.
Look them up if you are interested.

Are you serious?

2 Likes

If you wanted to attack a service or entity - who would you attack - an unknown commodity? You’d attack something of known value - or would you go after something of unknown value. I guess they would go after the mom and pop neighborhood gas station versus say - BP. TBH - I just want it to stop - and Copper thanks for the feedback. Again - its my thought - doesn’t mean it has truth or value.

Looking at the 1-week and 2-week graphs from https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility really gives you an appreciation for just how badly the DDoS is affecting us. Only 8,538 players online at the moment at the time when US players are home from school/work. Couldn’t log in 2 hours ago, couldn’t log in 1 hour ago, and I still can’t log in now.

And no, before it is mentioned yet again: a VPN is not a feasible short-term solution for me nor is it feasible for many other players.

i saw it down to 1149 players online there earlier

Does anyone have any info on this? X47L-Q Keepstar Fight (The North vs Imperium [2018]) This is related to another DDOS attack in 2018.

this is from today (look at the player count bottom right corner). I have never ever seen it this low in all my years.

its from all the unsubs… this is absolute garbage.

9k on now seems to be running good now

Was able to log on when only 56 other players were on. LOWEST player count EVER for me to be logged on with. I was able to get those 2 battleships out of lowsec where there are always gate camps :slight_smile: YAY Me <3.

2 Likes

As long as we get some sort of compensation, this is fine.

2 Likes

What’s a good coffee shop near office trying to set up a care package

Are they going to extend the skilling spree???

I haven’t seen this addressed yet. It’s a good question though. There are probably a lot of people who didn’t get to participate thus far because their play time is seriously limited, and don’t have the time to sit and try to repeatedly login until they connect. We’ll just have to wait and see.

You tool, people are having problems all over the world still, it’s not just the US. Man, people like you are so worthless to the world.

Well at least you got some benefit from this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that guy is one of those people who believe that the USA is the entire planet lol. Side effects of learning geography requiring learning, all that sort of hard stuff!

Australian player here, unable to log in still, first lost my connection over 5 hours ago

Could we get an update from CCP please?
Is extended downtime tonight related to DDOS mitigation deployment ?
Every time i try to go into the game i loose ships. I suppose best is to wait when the environment stable before try logging again.
CCP pls update…

day 4, its worse today than yesterday.

all accounts got dc’d again. Come on CCP this is getting beyond a joke. Please fix and thankyou