4/10 hisec ded and worm

I will say when accounting for ded site running you need a decent sample size to calculate isk per hour. Some nights I might only make 100-150m in 4-5hrs because either drops were bad, sites were scarce, or both. Other nights, however I rack up site after site and they’re dropping adaptives, reports, neuts, and nos. Hell even drone sites which suck usually have their nights where I am racking up stratios chips at 180m a pop. So while maybe my 2 night average is low my weekly average is well into the 100-200m an hr. It will also depend on the players knowledge of which sites are worth running and which aren’t…for example drone sites generally suck for loot…but a rogue trial yard literally takes me 2min to blitz in my astero and are common finds in low sec. I would advise if you intend to do that sort of thing as a main isk making job you want to put yourself in a position where you can run as much content as possible in the quickest amount of time possible because its the only way you’re ever gonna deal with rngesus and make any meaningful isk/hr.

more important, you need the time to design and perform a research protocole, which most people who affirm a given isk/ hours do not ( well playing a game and making reseach at the same time may not be the common definition of fun)

It may not be fun while you’re doing it, but once you have an effecient plan or procedure in place and you watch the wallet pile up while banking away all those sweet Type-A modules it sure is fun. I love making the trip home after a few days out running the sites and splashing another 5-6 modules on the pile and realizing I have a few billion isk in just my high mid and low storage containers lol. Sure makes a blingy loss not sting so bad when 1 you didn’t buy the bling, and 2 you have replacements on standby. A lot of the work to make isk this way comes down to knowing what sites to run and how to most effeciently run them while in a ship that allows you to access the most content. If its isk/hr you’re after though and that’s whats most important you you as a player…go eat heavens and hubs in VNI or Carriers lol…if you enjoy traveling new Eden and making isk while doing so then ded site running is a good way to do it.

What makes you think I can’t both enjoy the game in HS and want the highest isk/h possible while doing so ?

Yesterday night in my astero, in hisec, i’ve piled up like 350 mil loot in BR sites, they are definitely a thing… plus, with my 1.59 align time i can dive into lowsex with ease, i’m near to my optimal config

Not saying you can’t, however the competition is much higher and sites more scarce. I can’t say I don’t scan highsec, but my focus is lowsec in areas I know are seldom traveled. I would much rather hit system after system with 6-15 sigs than system after system of 1-3 sigs. The rate at which I find sites to run is much greater. There are some great tactics I have used for highsec though…like when I find a small constellation of highsec and catch a 4/10 I can usually do the site then find it respawned again rather quickly 1 or 2 jumps over…but if the systems have a bunch of people in them they tend to be taken by the time you get in them. That in itself isn’t a huge deal, but when its a site like the serpentis 4/10 and someone blitzed the first room just to snag the key it tends to ruin the whole thing and now the site just sits.

I don’t know everyone’s experience with this, but without giving up my best areas I will just say open the in game map…look at jumps per hour and players active in system for past 30min and you will see huge swaths of regions that are greyed out. Those areas stack up sigs and good sites like no other. Especially when the area is past common gate camping systems as the amount of players who try to or actually make it in are few. Getting into those areas require ships like an astero which can breeze past those camps not ships like a VNI which have long aligns even with travel fits…and those ships also tend to get followed and hunted cause its not hard to tell what you’re doing and that you’ll be easy to catch once you refit to run said sites.

What I do is, I Save every sig once scanned. This way it’s faster to check if there is a new sig.
Also, I travel in T2 frig ; and refit to something else if I have a good sig.

The key is speed, so my frigate has hyperspatial rigs, and 3s align, with mids designated for scan.
But that’s for HS. Of course I have route to follow, that optimize the number of jumps I have to do ^^

Out of curiosity would you mind posting your fit? I align at just sub 3s in mine but can actually handle 3/10 and lookouts damn near afk and within around 10-15m in per site tops. Can even do 4/10 for some of the races but it takes damn near an hour to run. Added bonus is the fit is PvP ready so ganking people and fighting T1 frigs is also pretty easy.

My experience is if I have to leave a system to run a site its gone by the time I get back…usually to the residents of said system. I do occasionally use my hecate or VNI to roam highsec and run sites but it doesn’t seem to net me the same profits as lowsec in my astero. If I get lucky I can roll a 4/10 a few times as it despawns nearby, but that’s about the best I get in highsec.

[Astero, astero veloce]
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Thukker Small Cap Battery
Thukker Small Cap Battery
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

That’s the fit i use atm, i’ve done BR 3/10 and 4/10, a little longer, but treasures awaited me to grab

So I don’t understand how you are able to complete a 4/10 with that fit at all. I run 2 DDA T2 in my fit posted above and get 110dps and the only 4/10 I can actually finish is the serpentis one, and even then it take around an hour without even clearing the last room…just grab aggro send drones to the overseer and orbit. It literally takes around an hour to do. I tried the BR 4/10 but the me its and web towers wreck me too easy…and if I don’t grab aggro the drones get wrecked before they can even be recalled. The sansha 4/10 is impossible with 110dps due to the boss’s active tank…its a good bit better than 110dps. So I will fall short of calling you a liar, but I am very curious as to how you are able to pull this off. Only one I haven’t tried is the gurisitas one cause there aren’t many great dead zones in their area.

I went for the web towers first, they have round 30km radius, from the leftmost at warp in, drones weren’t aggroed, and I kept distance from rats, never seriously hit as my speed is almost 1.120, it took time but I got a full clear, the boss room was blitzed, only him and then run away. Was I lucky? I don’t know, as i’ve Done only one 4/10
On a side note: i’ve Perfect skills in all relevant areas

I will test this again and see if I can knock the webs out…my last few tries had the towers aggro my drones and with a web on the hob it got wrecked. None of the dps touches me either in my astero as I am running almost 1,200m/s as well with a 35m sig. It was mainly the aggro on my drones from webs. When I tried to pull aggro to me the webs allowed all that nasty missile dps to eat into me and what resulted was a loss of the drones and me warping off as fast as I could. Like I mentioned though you can actually break the Phi Overseer in the serpentis 4/10 with 110dps but it takes around an hour to do and when all you get is OPE and maybe a energized thermal plate worth like a mil its just not worth it. Hence the 800m ish fit I came up with using augmented drones and shield tank to allow for 3 DDAs which with perfect skills gets 185 dps…should mean that you can clear them in around 20min or so making it much more worth it. Just gotta really make sure you play smart and avoid any contact with other players. If you are scanned in that fit while traveling you can bet you will be smartbombed on a gate somewhere.

R u sure that those augmented hobs of yours don’t drive aggro? When in low i NEVER EVER warp gate to gate, i usually start with hobs and, whent they get aggroed, i switch to warriors, nearly uncatchables

At the moment I am using fed jobs and republic warriors along with some ec-300s. The ungodly bling fit I dreamed up would use augmented hobs and warriors. I rarely lose drones these days and the ones I would be using all came from the rogue drone event and would be built in house with parts we collectively looted as a corp. I would not just buy a bunch of augmented drones…that’s like using faction dc for a whole 2% resist buff over the t2. I might give a whirl using a target painter to see if abusing drone aggro mechanics still works. At one point ewar was higher on the NPC aggro priority than drones…not sure if that’s still a thing though.

if you are asking yourself whether it is worth if or not to buy augmented drones, then your income must be really low. In that case I would suggest changing your whole setup.

What’s the price of augmented ? 20M ? you won’t lose them on a worm, You should not on an astero, they make the sites much faster (because your base DPS is so tiny)

Admittedly I am a newer player…however I will say I have skilled a majority of my points into drones from the get go. So while my dps is a little under what all Vs would get me I am sure not very far behind. In fact with the astero…my most used ship I am damn near done with mastery 4 and have many skills that effect the astero that aren’t in that list at 4 already as well. Tis the plight of a newbro…I found something I enjoy and I want to get the most out of it…yet skills can only be remedied with time or a wallet. And to circle back…20m a drone doesnt break my bank yet…especially when we have a mountain of BPCs and drone parts sitting doing nothing with an Indy guy who is more than happy to build them. I think atm I make around a bil a week give or take and I’m only 4 months in.

Whew. Aridia. Good luck. I got lots of memories of that region… mostly bad. russians are bvttfvck crazy.

Ill say its not uncommon to see supers sitting on gates for camps just for giggles. I lost a stratios to a bad tick there in one of those camps and I don’t fly anything bigger than astero in now…but if you can get in there is many many quiet places to hang out. Just don’t bring anything worth hunting or it will…well…get hunted. Cloaked up astero however expensive isn’t really worth wasting hours to catch on.

What?

And people ask me why I don’t go there…