4/10 hisec ded and worm

I just wonder if are they doable un a gila fitted worm, this to roam in a hull capable of running every kind of hisec combat, w/o the need of refitting/changing ship.

2 Likes

Hmm, I think that’s a maybe.

You would need to fit sensor boosters for the Blood Raider Monastary (4/10) and keep your distance (a Stratios won’t have any trouble).
I don’t know the Guristas, Serpentis, Sansha or angel one but I am guessing they should involve similar risks.
In the Blood Raider, you have to deal with neutralizers
Guristas may jam you
Serpentis may dampen you down to 2km lock range
Sansha use tracking range disruption (doesn’t matter to a Worm or Gila)
angels like to web and target paint you (can be dangerous for your ship)

If you manage to mitigate most of the incoming damage, you should be fine but as I said, it’s a maybe.
The 4/10 allow battlecruisers.

1 Like

Gurista 4/10 is doable with Worm. I still prefer Jackdaw/Confessor.

1 Like

[Astero]
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Coreli B-Type 1MN Afterburner
Thukker Small Cap Battery
Thukker Small Cap Battery
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Trimark Armor Pump II
Small Trimark Armor Pump II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

Drones at taste

I came up with this, it’s a swiss army knife fit for hisec sigs, just have to try this out

1 Like

certainly doable. time wise youll loose to any cruiser, so its speed/vs doing everything choice.

1 Like

Well I can say now from much experience that astero fit isn’t gonna do it. I have tried the sansha 4/10 which has been the easiest thus far, and even though clearing the rooms was really easy you will lack the dps to break the foreman tank. My astero is fit as follows…

Sisters launcher/sisters core probes
Covops cloak

1MN Coreli A-Type AB
Small Republic Fleet Cap Battery
Drone Nav I
T2 Scram

Small Coreli A-Type Repper
DC T2
2x T2 DDA

T2 Explosive Pump
2x T2 Nano Pump

Mid-Grade Asklepian set along with other armor rep and nav skill implants.

I did however work out a 800ish mil fit using passive shields and augmented drones to get around 180dps that I do think would work…but man that’s a hefty astero.

astero does lack dps to do all stuff. go with worm and sister launchers/probes.
unless you aim for i can do freaking all there is in which case skip frigate only crap and go statios :slight_smile: Still lets you do relic/data and more than enough for combat everything there is in high sec including expeditions.
BTW DO THE EXPEDITIONS. Yes, some of them are horribly hard but they can drop hundreds of millions in loot. not to mention they often take you where no man has gone before (27 anomalies in a 0.5 system? yes please :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Just tested it and ran a Serpentis 4/10 in the above fit…took around 50min to kill the Phi-Overseer. Without a lot more bling it wouldn’t be worth the time. I do have a fit that should work though I will wait till I test it to post.

1 Like

If you are using a frigate that cost above 130mil, your doing it wrong. In fact using a frig for 4/10 is a horrible idea and the people here are baiting you if they say other wise.

A Vexor/navy issue or arbitrator can run them faster and with less cost/risk. If your insisted on flying faction ships then get a stratios or gila.

But please for the love of all things good. Don’t run 4/10 in a 400-800mil faction frig, your asking for trouble.

This.

use a vigilant with T2 blasters. null to shoot small frigs from afar, then dive in with mwd+void to web+blast the enemy.
800ish dps on void. 500ish on null.

Vigilant $500M
[Vigilant, Don't use stupid frigates ffs]
Imperial Navy Adaptive Nano Plating
Reactive Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Federation Navy Medium Armor Repairer

Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Domination 50MN Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hornet EC-300 x5
Acolyte II x5

Null M x10925
Scan Resolution Script x1
Void M x3779
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB3 Dose I x10

I guess you rather use a rep booster.

if you really want to use a frigate, at least use something that has some punch (hints : it starts with “dare-” and ends with “-devil” ). but really, keeps frigs for ded1/2.

1 Like

I use a blingy astero…what of it. Its much easier to travel into places like Aridia and other well camped areas. Why would I wanna do that you wonder…well those areas are full of great sites no one is really doing because its hard to get in and out of. If you get caught running a site in an astero you have no one to blame but yourself. With a combat capable ship that aligns at sub 3s and a local channel and dscan coupled with multiple gates to get at you or having to probe to find you…its damn near impossible to get caught. Sure running sites like 3 and 4/10 is easier and faster in other ships…for the few you can get to safely I will have twice as many if not more that I can get to and run. Its not for everyone but for me personally I nomad in an astero all over new eden…and make good isk doing it, which is almost risk free. So while blanket statements are easy to make their seldom accurate. My one non-wh astero loss so far has been from flying drunk and passing out…not getting caught in a site…and I’ve never even come close to being caught in site or on gate yet. So my 250-300m astero has been a great investment and no I am not baiting him to fly one…just showing what is possible.

3 Likes

I congratulate you.
However how long does it take you to run a 4/10 for each pirate faction, also let’s consider that op is only doing this in high sec. While it is true that you would be able to cover more ground, anyone in a gila or stratios would be able to run the site faster and would be able to compete with other players who found the same site.

Be realistic for new players or people new to ded sites, your biggest enemy is time. Cuz the longer it take you to complete the site, the more time someone can scan it down and finish it while you just sit there and watch them take the prize.

I guess if you wanna be hamstrung staying in High sec then it is what it is. Stratios is good too but less survivable due to slower warps. The 4/10 I did last night was a test in my 109dps fit. When I do invest in the billion isk astero it will have 150-180dps depending on skills. I would say that should reduce site time to 20ish min. As it is the fit I posted tanks the entire room without need for rep cause speed/Sig tank is so good. I also like that I can run 1-4/10 as well as unrated up to watches. It means for me as I roam the galaxy I waste less having to turn down sites I can’t run or can’t get into. Also about the new factor…I am less than 4 months in eve total. So by all rights I am a noob and still have found with research and motivation its not hard to make isk and not die a lot. However I will admit I have paid for some stupid mistakes along the way…which is why I lean heavily to the astero instead of stratios for what I do. Stratios got caught too easy as well as had to pass up a lot of sites I couldn’t get into…or pass up harder sites I couldn’t really run yet.

1 Like

Oh and for site thiefs that’s an easy fix…let them do the heavy lifting then use your smaller ship and speed to snipe and loot the faction rat…at least for sites not involving structures. The 4/10 would be hard to do like that but most of the lesser ones you just have to kill a frig at the end. I have upset many a thiefs like this, but rarely do I find High sec even worth the time to scan. Its well picked over and for every ded site I find there I probably find 3-4 in low sec with much much less competition. Again a region like Aridia or genesis even has hardly any competition in a wide area of systems…and there is nothing like hitting back to back to back systems with 8-15 signatures…rather than scanning the 1-3 per in High sec only to find WH after WH.

Definitely do the expeditions. Managed to get 400mil loot from 1 of the 4 escalation sites (Shadow serp damage control + mid-grade implant: some sweet loot from only the first room).

It’s not a matter of having potential good loot or not.
It’s a matter of having BETTER isk/hour than just skipping them.

1 Like

And here we got yet another isk/hour zealot talking about exploration, in which all isk/h calcuations are raped by rngjesus.
Go back to faming havens in your carrier.

Even if you accept to play 10 hours for nothing (which I do) there is eventually a moment you want more isks. And thus you start thinking in term of isk/hour.

You just are not invested enough. In your case even noobship spinning is worth it, but keep in mind this changes when people have motivation or interest.

and then, if your isk/h calculation are rapped by rngesus, that means your model is bad, nothing else.

Stop calling people “zealot” when you suck.

$$$$ Only $$$$ people with the need for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would say that.

There is no such thing in EVE, you get isk per activity, which is either getting isk from CONCORD or you scam some unlucky market bot for $$$$$$.

If and only if corporations would give their employees a salary, you could talk about a concept like isk per hour.

well I can and PH is not paying me.