8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Some more off-topic posting has been removed.

This thread is being temporarily locked and will be re-opened at a later date.

Obey the golden rules of Eve, or pay the price. It’s that simple.

Well, I personally don’t like obeyers. I prefer those who understand why these rules are reasonable.
And because it’s just a game, everybody can try themselves. Perhaps some rules can be adjusted or even ignored in this particular type of playstyle.
But in the end all rules were already tested and proven painfully right multiple times with much salt and anger.

1 Like

But, is it?

Frostpacker is the perfect example of the caosuleer who will follow orders from a supreme powerful leader.

You might not understand what we mean but there is so much to gain if you do!

Sure, but do return to the forums to share your tears.

1 Like

Don’t go down that road Zaera. I too, thought it was just a game. But look where my misconception landed me. In a jail cell. Simply because I blew up pixelated spaceships. The super special snowflakes have more power than you think. It’s best just to comply and obey.

I think they should be called Tips rather than Rules.

There is only one golden rule: who has the gold makes the rules.

Until they don’t

“Guidance Criteria.”

“Guidance Criteria”?

You need to review George Carlin about changes in language. That definitely sounds like corporate speak :rofl:

1 Like

@Fedo_Foutou Have you ever “pre-boarded” before? :joy:

They’re more like guidelines anyway.

It’s worse than corporate speak. It’s verbiage right out of the US EPA.

It’s government speak.

Written that way so they, themselves, don’t have to follow the “guidance criteria” they set forth, but will enforce it with legal action if industry fails to follow it as absolute rule.

Well the USEPA uses the term guidance criteria for things like the Clean Water Act and I’m all for it.

No. They use it for laboratory methodology, such as SW-846. For example, they expect labs, such as Eurofins (formally Test America) to conduct method detection limit studies (MDL’s) to accompany their data. (Mostly to J flag results between the MDL and RL) however, they themselves won’t do the same studies. I’ve even been told by Region 8 and Region 2 staff chemists, “we don’t do them. Because they are a waste of time.” Which, they are.

They call it “guidance” criteria so they themselves don’t have to do the work. But a commercial lab better. Because if they don’t…. It can mean litigation.

It’s not applied to overarching regulatory conditions such as RCRA, CERCLA, or the Clean Air and Water act. Those are applied by the Federal Register. That’s a whole different animal. And it’s the Law.

But what do I know? I’m 12. And serving multiple consecutive lifetime sentences in a federal penitentiary for blowing up pixilated spaceships.

I’m not a chemist but as I understand it method detection limits and reporting limits for any analytical method and instrument are going to vary by laboratory, so it doesn’t surprise me that the USEPA would want analytical laboratories to determine the MDLs and RLs for analyses that a lab is planning on conducting. I also suspect that the USEPA does these studies as well. And a commercial lab should do those studies. You need to establish what the limits to methodology are to be certain you are reporting valid concentrations. And if you aren’t properly doing the work particularly if you are monitoring something like contaminants in soil or drinking water then litigation might definitely be something you would have to worry about.

Important guidelines quickly become rules :wink:

1 Like