8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Counter point.
Tears have value, and fun can come with a price tag.
Both are taken into account by most, even if almost instinctively.

–Gadget - doing her best to make her tears not worth the expense of harvesting them.

1 Like

Sooo… I can be ganded at anytime, I understand and should be prepared for that. But I think a lot of gankers will use E-War systems to keep a target from warping away, how can we counter a warp disruptor without making our own ship less performant in the domain we used it ?

And about the Stasis Webifier, it also block the use of MWP, how can we counter them ?

That is just it, EVE is about trade offs. If you want to make your ship harder to warp disrupt/scramble then you have to give up performance. If you don’t then shooting them is your only real hope unless you have a fast enough ship to get out of range.

Webbifiers will not disable your warp drive, they reduce the efficacy of your standard sub-light drive system (including MWDs and afterburners). The way to counter them is, to fit a MWD and/or after burner so you still go faster after webbed. Without a scram/disruptor though webbing you may send you into warp faster.

Thank you

1. Be able to afford a loss.

Amen to that.

1. Consent to PvP

You consent to PvP by registering an account and logging in.

1. Everyone can scam.

Amen to that, just don’t be stupider than your prey, or your scam may get turned 180.

1. Experience matters, not ISK or skills

Agreed. Only applicable skills are worth anything. Similarly, only applicable items are worth anything. HOWEVER, in a fight, it’s not just guns that are applicable. Many items can turn fights. Especcially your ability to run like a *****.

1. Bigger is not always better.

Yes. Don’t be deceived by the bigger numbers - damage doesn’t matter if you don’t hit, and speed doesn’t matter if you have seven webs on you. Sometimes the smaller and more agile ship is the better choice.

1. Use the in-game tools.

Yes, even the fitting simulator. Many external fitting tools don’t apply skill effects, so always check with the built in tools. However, for the purposes of usability, many external tools are better.

1. Unfair circumstances

A smart person doesn’t believe in fair. Honor makes a very bad tank.

1. You will lose stuff.

That’s a given. If you want to know what it’s like, go accidentally web someone in highsec.

1. CONCORD won’t always protect you.

CONCORD cannot arrive instantly. CONCORD can protect you from most things, but CONCORD cannot protect you from yourself. Don’t be stupid.

1. CODE.

An idea great in principle, and annoying in execution. If you get ganked by CODE agents, don’t waste the ten million ISK. All they’re doing is putting a ransom on your safety, which is complete bull crap. Get a better fit, and then turn around and shoot them back. Learn their tricks, and then turn them against them. Or, you know, just keep an eye on Local and Dscan at all times.

1. DScan

DScan is the best tool in the game. It tells you what objects are in a cone, hemisphere, or sphere when you use it. Learn it, it is your friend.

There are many more tips I have to give, but I’m too lazy to give them

2 Likes

I’m glad they never implemented walking in stations, otherwise someone would shoot me in the back and then start rummaging through my hangar and fly off in my ship!

11 Likes

Of course, this is EVE.

1 Like

Quick question, are the alpha clones so restricted that you might not be able to have fun in the big events of EVE, or are the alpha clones a reasonable way to play EVE?

I don’t Understand the factions, (the in game groups made by people online… I don’t know the name…), and which one should I Join In order to have the most fun and help? at least while starting?..

a noobie here, so sorry If this questions are the wrong ones to ask…

Yes, pretty sure you can find groups that will take in Alphas.

Groups that are “new player friendly” are,

1. Pandemic Horde
  2. Brave Newbies
  3. Karmafleet (note they are part of Goonswarm Federation, so you’ll be joining the “Bad Guys”).
  4. Not sure if TEST is still new player friendly.

Not sure how these groups view Alphas, but you can always ask.

1 Like

Yeah. To be honest, if that were a thing, it’d probably make Jita devolve into GTA: Space Edition.

1 Like

oh god no please, not the squeakers T_T

Amen to that.

1 Like

Dreddit hiring folks

Eve Online: The always-on, PVP game where people are encourages to bitch about it being a PVP game.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Tips …(2days back here …and believing every word you said! :slight_smile:

Nice rules. Can we make some for tengu cloakers? That is probably the most annoyance i have ever seen…

All of these rules are crap without rule #1

have fun

If it’s not fun, don’t do it.

4 Likes

If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To have fun you should know where the unfun starts.

1 Like

You consent to PVP period. The markets are just as much PVP as anything else.

2 Likes