A counter to the cloak

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

i have only running across null space in a shuttle under my belt, so i can’t say what distances you warp in on when it comes to ratting, but assuming you warp close enough to a ratting carrier without spooking it with combat probes, someone like bomber’s bar could easily still sneak attack a carrier even if it has a ping module equipped, my interpretation can’t be used system wide. like i said, roughly 30-40km at most.

but now that i think about it, the module would be relatively useless to null players since detection at 30-40km wouldn’t allow very large ships to warp off i reckon, i mean, i wasn’t really keeping them in mind when i came up with the idea.

That’s a big nope on… all of it.

1. A ratting carrier will be in a site. You don’t need probes, just dscan sites.
  2. The moment anyone enters local, the carrier which is pre-aligned whilst ratting, simply warps to a pos/citadel and gets safe. Or at least, if they’re not retarded, that’s what they’re doing.
  3. Surprise buttsecksing things with bombers is fun and shouldn’t be nerfed unless you like nerfing fun!

the module was purposely designed with flaws and for wormholes, so null people not watching thier local are still gonna get buttsexed. null players are still gonna have problems of afk scouts checking their activity and if their ratting carriers are out, my suggestion of this module is supposed to be a way to potentially detect people in J-space without having to mash your V key through your desk, and when you lack
the numbers to have a full blown op.

Can you link the reference for this?

The cloak has been in the game much longer than wormholes have even existed.

It existed long before wormholes were even thought of for addition to the game.

i guess that’s why the big one exists.

idk if that’s what you meant for reference, but those quotes should in some way say i had not a thought in my mind concerning null security when i drew the original post up.

You’ve not demonstrated any real wormhole experience and there are indications you aren’t at all.

It’s just not believable at the moment. It would be easy to actually show.

is this stemming from me using a non corp alt or is there actual proof in the way i write that says to you i haven’t set foot in wormhole space.