A Game Change, PvP Meta Broken by one change

The next line says you needed level 2 to keep flying them.
“Please make sure you train it before the change if you still wish to be able to fly those Navy Battleships”.
Seriously.

Yep it does say that. My apology.

It’s different to my recollection, but I must be remembering that incorrectly. I am wrong.

1 Like

Thank you for being honest on that. Its appreciated. :).
The other ones I recall I’m less certain on as they weren’t ships I flew at the time, but I believe a few capitals and black ops had some changes to their other top level skills at one stage around levels of jump drives needed. Which also impacted if you could fly them. But I’m not 100% on those.

The rest of the times yes, changing a requirement to train a top level skill doesn’t impact if you can fly a ship. flying a ship only needs the top level skills trained. I had command ships for ages without the new pre reqs.

I would note that your quote earlier about training has also been made wrong by CCP recently when they changed when you could inject a skill, as now you have to have the skills pre reqs trained to train it any further. Which also says CCP do change their policies over time as well.

1 Like

Oh FFS that’s nitpicking. Level I to level II takes a trivial amount of time, and the vast majority of people flying those ships had the skills to level IV or V because you’re an idiot to fly a ship with only level I in the relevant skill(s). Outside of forum hypotheticals that have nothing to do with reality if you could fly it before the change you could fly it after.

2 Likes

It’s not a hypothetical though, it’s an actual thing that happened. It’s proof that ccps rule is not a hard and fast rule and that they do make exceptions sometimes.
Sure this particular change in the worst case took about a days training (off map, all 4 skills). But that still makes the point just fine that CCP does make exceptions.

It’s a stupid nitpicky “exception” that had zero meaningful impact on anyone. The vast majority of people flying those ships already had more than the new skill requirement because only a suicidal idiot flies an expensive ship with only level I in the command skill(s), and even in the worst-case scenario the training requirement for those suicidal idiots was barely long enough to notice. You may be technically correct, but it doesn’t represent a meaningful departure from a “you can keep flying it” policy that having to grind standings for an extended period of time would.

1 Like

@Naari_Naarian are you retarded or something son?

Oh wait i get it…please tell us where on the Highsec anom doll the Gila touched you.

1 Like

No he’s right. That’s a trivial amount of training and who flies any ship with level 1 command skill?

The tiny toe on the left foot, not the right. Dont touch the one on the right! he’s my friend.

The idea in the OP isn’t a great one - it is restricts freedom and adds… nothing? But to rescue it, perhaps all pirate and faction ships could have a bonus, like the CONCORD ones, that scales with standing instead of security status? Nothing major of course, but interesting enough to change the use profile and make standings matter. It would be tough to balance, but at least it makes the game more interesting unlike the crude blow to the meta suggested in the OP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.